Fuck The World Log

A place to track your progress, or lack thereof

Moderator: Chebass88

houzi

Re: Fuck The World Log

Post by houzi » Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:57 pm

Nice work @EggMcMuffin ! Finishing a marathon is one hell of an achievement.
I hope things go well for you, you are not alone in the bizarre feeling of "growing up". Im 34 and im still trying to figure all that stuff out. Just keep going mate.

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:12 pm

I need to start deadlifting again. My legs are starting to atrophy too much.

I'm almost considering picking up a gym membership again. There is a "new" (it's actually been there for a few years now) gym a block away from where my old gym was, and I get lonely easily, which is part of why I fell of working out at home. It's nice having my weights at home and it doesn't really cost me anything, but my garage is sort of dingy and it's just not the kind of atmosphere I enjoy training. I need to have some people around or my mind starts to wander too much.

Everything is expensive as fuck right now though.

I'm likely going to sign up for the Berkeley Half Marathon soon. It's just something for me to do. I need that a lot right now.

DanCR

Post by DanCR » Tue Aug 20, 2024 4:40 pm

EggMcMuffin wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:12 pm I need to start deadlifting again. My legs are starting to atrophy too much.
If you're going to build legs with DLs, you'll want to do deficit DLs of course (which also were the answer to your query upstairs awhile back).
I'm almost considering picking up a gym membership again. There is a "new" (it's actually been there for a few years now) gym a block away from where my old gym was, and I get lonely easily, which is part of why I fell of working out at home. It's nice having my weights at home and it doesn't really cost me anything, but my garage is sort of dingy and it's just not the kind of atmosphere I enjoy training. I need to have some people around or my mind starts to wander too much.
Same. I recognize the positives of a home gym but having done both, I much prefer to go to "the gym."

mouse

Post by mouse » Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:20 am

EggMcMuffin wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:12 pm but my garage is sort of dingy
Lately it is not at all uncommon for all of my shit to be covered in a thin layer of sawdust and theres grass clippings from my string trimmer on the platform...

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Wed Aug 21, 2024 3:48 pm

mouse wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:20 am
Lately it is not at all uncommon for all of my shit to be covered in a thin layer of sawdust and theres grass clippings from my string trimmer on the platform...
yeah I got car shit all over it right now. It's pretty bad and I haven't had the time or energy to really clean it out.

Also on another note, I'm currently benching 165 for 11, 8, 8 and I basically just do that until I hit 12 on the first two sets and then I move on to the next 5lbs. Originally I was doing 12 for 3 sets across and THEN progressing but I started to feel like I was going to die doing this and I would just get frustrated and have found that hitting twelve on the first two usually means I have no problem repping 3 sets of 8 for another 5lbs. Curious to see how far I can push this, it's honestly a very slow, light progression when you think about it because I've been doing this for quite some time now and went from 135 -> 165 in the span of around a year or so or something like that. I only weigh 165lbs~ right now so that's just repping bodyweight. When I was stronger I could hit 175 for 3x8 so we should be there soonish. It'd be funny to wind up at 195 3x8 in another half year. I wonder what that translates to as a 1RM.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed Aug 21, 2024 3:53 pm

EggMcMuffin wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 3:48 pm
mouse wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:20 am
yeah I got car shit all over it right now. It's pretty bad and I haven't had the time or energy to really clean it out.

Also on another note, I'm currently benching 165 for 11, 8, 8 and I basically just do that until I hit 12 on the first two sets and then I move on to the next 5lbs. Originally I was doing 12 for 3 sets across and THEN progressing but I started to feel like I was going to die doing this and I would just get frustrated and have found that hitting twelve on the first two usually means I have no problem repping 3 sets of 8 for another 5lbs. Curious to see how far I can push this, it's honestly a very slow, light progression when you think about it because I've been doing this for quite some time now and went from 135 -> 165 in the span of around a year or so or something like that. I only weigh 165lbs~ right now so that's just repping bodyweight. When I was stronger I could hit 175 for 3x8 so we should be there soonish. It'd be funny to wind up at 195 3x8 in another half year. I wonder what that translates to as a 1RM.
I like to add a fourth set for whatever I get at that stage before I move up the following week. I feel like it gives me a little bit of tolerable volume in the useful range and doesn't seem to blast recovery.