Has anyone seen JC's resserection?

A place to track your progress, or lack thereof

Moderator: Chebass88

JC
Uke Star

Re: Has anyone seen JC's resserection?

Post by JC » Thu May 10, 2018 7:16 pm

It REALLY sucks!

I just tried that Paul McCartney thing, only "arpeggiating" the three fingers - also there's something wrong with my piano (*cough* or the way I shoved it up against the wall temporarily, with all stuff against the back - not all the keys reset straight away, so at random if you've pressed one and press it again, you'll get nothing or like a faint attempt at sound)

Okay since wayno has gone AWOL, I'll cut the best ten seconds I got and reveal my secrets)

Edit:

Please bear in mind that I'm both completely to lethargic to lift, and I've also just done 2 supersets of presses and paused front squats, ie I'm breathing out my arse

Also I can't control my right hand, yes the one trying to play three keys, very well, and my left is cramping up from squeezing the bar for pressing and then the weird three finger shelf for front squats, so fuck only know what the right would feel... ie. Blah blah excuses, I'm shit

simonrest
Objectifies Monotremes

Post by simonrest » Thu May 10, 2018 8:34 pm

JC wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:40 pm -tbh lifting was just a distraction, but in going out I ended up kinda setting the path to a less crappy mindspace too, which was kinda okay to see working
this is great!
Also there's this opportunity to mentor/coach disadvantaged and troubled youths through work, I emailed back straight away when I read it (this was around 7am sunday!) and kinda showed my interest, pending if I could get away from work, and I had to clear it with my boss (who is pretty cool with stuff like this tbh), except I haven't seen him all week, so eventually today (cos I got 4 days off now so I had to do summat) I checked with the legal compliance manager (kinda semi our/his boss/) and the location manager (deffo his bosses boss) and they both cleared it, so now all I'm waiting for is for him to clear it with the CR manager (she's running the volunteer thing) and his hands are pretty tied tbh - and I'll get to go into London for a few hours every fortnight for a few months and help some kids in real shitty situations hopefully, even better I'll get proper training for it too - which, selfishly I kinda want cos even though I'm in a peer group with all people with similar mental health problems, most of them are 20-23 (there's a few teenagers too) and they kinda lean on me for support and sometimes I've no fucking clue, maybe this will help? Regardless though, time off work AND helping people, that's really giving me reasons to feel better about myself.

Also, dayum that's a long sentence! Perhaps I should get lessons on how to rite gud!
this is also great, but geez, man, punctuate

JC
Uke Star

Post by JC » Fri May 11, 2018 3:26 am

2018-05-10. 1020-1040 (fucking around AGAIN)
Pcgbp 20x10 58x5 100x2 120x3,3,3

Slept an hour and a half, took the kids to school, lazed around a bit then gathered my shit together and lifted, barely

Triples was a good idea methinks, keeps the reps closer together in terms of load/fatigue or something, also binned off the iffy reps

fishwife
Olde English

Post by fishwife » Fri May 11, 2018 6:21 pm

JC wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:40 pmPerhaps I should get lessons on how to rite gud!
Nah, 's part of your charm.

JC
Uke Star

Post by JC » Sun May 13, 2018 3:34 am

I er, got no charm!

2018-05-13. 1100-1115

Strictish press/paused front squat supersets
20x10/3 58x3/5 80b,ww X3/5, 3/5, 3/5

Most clock punchiest thing ever. Meh, counts for something I'm sure. Starting to feel a build up of background fatigue or something, suppose that's part of the plan? Whatever the plan is?

JC
Uke Star

Post by JC » Tue May 15, 2018 2:37 am

2018-05-15. 1000-1020

Squat 20x5 58x3 100 140b,ww 160b,ww X3, 3, 5
Chin 7,6,5,4,3,2
Neck +32 x45, 5

Really felt like shit yesterday, think it might be cos I'm doing more (energy expenditure wise) on less (calories), also I'm getting a bug from one of the kids, but fuck all that I had a real good day out yesterday and then mid afternoon I just plummeted mentally, it was pretty fucking shit tbh, I was just on the verge of tears and felt guilty for avoiding Nat but I just couldn't talk or owt, then she was all upset like she's done something wrong wilhich added guilt to my mood, haha FUARK

Anyway slept loads last night (thanks NHS!) and although I wasn't happy when I woke up today, I was kinda empty or numb or something which was deffo an improvement

Lifted so I wouldn't feel shitty about missing it, pretty much planned to do the bare minimum but I kinda pushed mysen slightly towards the end, like always I guess, so I suppose that should help in theory? Tbh I just wanna go hide at work and ignore everything until tonight, can't be arsed with people right now.

Course, sods law I'll feel great or something in an hour or two for no good reason and have walled myself say and be stuck alone all day wanting to talk bollocks with some fucker, hahaha... Shit.

JC
Uke Star

Post by JC » Tue May 15, 2018 11:30 am

Sorry, i dont think i can post here anymore, at least unless I can get around some mental shit

Sorry guys

EricK
Marine Mammal

Post by EricK » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:13 pm

@JC, I don't know if you still check here, but I hope things are working out for you. Wish you the best.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:41 pm

EricK wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:13 pm @JC, I don't know if you still check here, but I hope things are working out for you. Wish you the best.
Same here. Hope things are getting better.