Matt Neilsen's Log - A Hitchhiker's Guide to Montana

A place to track your progress, or lack thereof

Moderator: Chebass88

MattNeilsen

Re: Matt Neilsen's Log - A Hitchhiker's Guide to Montana

Post by MattNeilsen » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:12 pm

@Wilhelm I’ve probably been most influenced by Dr. Paul Saladino when it comes to glycine:methionine ratios. For that matter, I find Paul to be one of the most articulate voices in the carnivore space - his podcast Fundamental Health is excellent. I will occasionally add some glycine powder to a protein shake, but like you said, I feel pretty confident I’m getting enough from my food sources. Same thing with potassium and magnesium - occasional supplementation, but not overly concerned. Sodium is the only one I’m taking really seriously, and that’s been a huge difference.

Are you still following a mostly ketogenic approach?

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:18 pm

@MattNeilsen, i am. Close to three years now.

I found something to fill the one thing i miss, crunch.

Light rye wassa. 7 grams carbs for two pieces.
Mostly i have them with an ounce of cream cheese.
That is a helpfull snack, because i'm eating betweem 3,300 and 3,500 calories a day now.

BenM

Post by BenM » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:25 pm

Hey @MattNeilsen it's great to hear from you man, and thanks for the update!

So much info there, it's hard to know where to start. I really like hearing about other people's experience with this stuff, especially since I have a desire to do some of these experiments on myself but don't always have the balls, and some of the dietary stuff is a bit incompatible with family commitments etc.

I'm really impressed with what you managed to achieve just with the X3 bar and bands. Made me think seriously about it, that's for sure - my training definitely lacks variety at the moment. And the fasting stuff is great too. I've had to stop fasting even intermittently while I fix my relationship with food but once I feel like I'm ready it's definitely something I intend to revisit.