XFit

Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

Allentown
Likes Beer

Re: XFit

Post by Allentown » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:11 am

mouse wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:19 am I love everything @DirtyRed just wrote.
+1

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:14 am

I'm not going to take the time to go back and look at the list, but IIRC there were a lot of women.

One spoke of her "inadvertent exposure" excuse, but left out the details.
Why not spell it out?
Its probably the bodily fluids exchange thing again (Canadian girl).

I mean, if it was the other blase excuses, why not talk about it . . .

Examples:
C.Chan - I ate tainted beef from Mexico/South American (latin lifters pay attention, this is an eazy one to use)
A.Hay - My boyfriend spiked my creatine because he was jelly of my (male) coach.

Can't wait to hear everyone's excuses/reasons.

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:00 pm

mbasic wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:14 am I'm not going to take the time to go back and look at the list, but IIRC there were a lot of women.

One spoke of her "inadvertent exposure" excuse, but left out the details.
Why not spell it out?
Its probably the bodily fluids exchange thing again (Canadian girl).

I mean, if it was the other blase excuses, why not talk about it . . .

Examples:
C.Chan - I ate tainted beef from Mexico/South American (latin lifters pay attention, this is an eazy one to use)
A.Hay - My boyfriend spiked my creatine because he was jelly of my (male) coach.

Can't wait to hear everyone's excuses/reasons.
Pull a Robles.

"WAAAH, BIRTH CONTROL!"

MPhelps

Post by MPhelps » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:22 am

Literally after I posted yesterday I ran into the third and final person I know IRL that does crossfit. She had her shoulder in a sling. Rotator cuff surgery. She said from overuse doing crossfit. So both women I know have been injured from it. The basic brodude hasn't actually quit crossfit, but he likes to bounces from fad to fad, which is currently flapping his gums about keto. He works it in around binge drinking and doing absolutely zero exercise. Has lost 50 lbs, from 275 to 225, but still looks the same, just somewhat smaller. Not any less fat. He's gone to a doctor about gluten intolerance, which is hilarious seeing as though he drinks and eats shit all the time and is 75 lbs overweight.

Back on point here, maybe the whole idea of high rep Olympic lifting with shitty technique, kipping pull ups and zero carbs is catching up to them. Crossfit likes to portray themselves as elite fitness, so the masses think they're doing something since they get on social media at their box, when in reality the "elite" Crossfitters are all on steroids. They sacrifice a few lambs every year, but I seriously doubt there's any legitimacy to the testing. They pop a few people they don't like or who are injured just to make it look like its legitimate.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:30 am

MPhelps wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:22 am Literally after I posted yesterday I ran into the third and final person I know IRL that does crossfit. She had her shoulder in a sling. Rotator cuff surgery. She said from overuse doing crossfit. So both women I know have been injured from it.
Of the 4 people I keep semi-contact with from my old XFit gym, 3 of them have had 1+ surgeries. The 4th was one of the owners, and only did 1/2 the workouts at most anyways.

MPhelps

Post by MPhelps » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:37 am

Allentown wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:30 am
MPhelps wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:22 am Literally after I posted yesterday I ran into the third and final person I know IRL that does crossfit. She had her shoulder in a sling. Rotator cuff surgery. She said from overuse doing crossfit. So both women I know have been injured from it.
Of the 4 people I keep semi-contact with from my old XFit gym, 3 of them have had 1+ surgeries. The 4th was one of the owners, and only did 1/2 the workouts at most anyways.
I think the box owners either do like you say and do half the workouts, or they're on PEDs so that the masses have someone to look up to, and show thast crossfit works.

Basic bro that I know pretty much scaled every workout I'm sure, so he didn't end up injured. Plus he's a few years younger than the women, and I'm sure the women put in hard work, judging from their general character. Basic bro is in the top 5 laziest people and top 2 shittalkers I know, so he probably didn't finish anything.
Last edited by MPhelps on Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:39 am

I remember I posted this back in Egypt.

I am a contractor, look at a lot of commerical plans.
Saw a new building (plans) for a Crossfit Gym about 4-5 years ago.
(what weird about that, is no one BUILDS a new building for a Xfit gym)

Anyways, the floor plan was funny.
The main part of the Building was for the new X-fit facility.
There were a couple of other suites for additional renters/leasors....addition income, etc.

The 1st suite next to the Xfit was labelled "Chiropractor/PT" . . . .

MPhelps

Post by MPhelps » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:49 am

mbasic wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:39 am
I remember I posted this back in Egypt.

I am a contractor, look at a lot of commerical plans.
Saw a new building (plans) for a Crossfit Gym about 4-5 years ago.
(what weird about that, is no one BUILDS a new building for a Xfit gym)

Anyways, the floor plan was funny.
The main part of the Building was for the new X-fit facility.
There were a couple of other suites for additional renters/leasors....addition income, etc.

The 1st suite next to the Xfit was labelled "Chiropractor/PT" . . . .
Lol, the local crossfit to me that produced the rotator cuff injury is owned by the wife of a psychiatrist of something related to "metabolic science and longevity" who has a practice in the same building.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:13 am

I'd imagine that was the jist of the Chiro office being on the plans.
Probably someone they know, and/or their 2nd business.

But yeah, one feeds on the other.

The 3rd building is probably gonna be a Supplement/Vitamin shop.

...where they can buy their grass fed whey protein,
and their "tainted" preworkouts/recovery drinks that they totally don't know that there's SARMS in there ;) because no one has ever heard of that ever happening to anyone ever big surprise OMG can't believe there is stanzobol in my raspberry flavor electrolyte drink totally did not know I should get only two year ban because my boyfriend has be using tren and blew a big load in me last night and my body absorbed it or it fell out into the test cup nevermind a have vein-ey 12 pack abs and trapz up to my ears I just have those hidden testicles the size a peas in my stomach and am a high responder to training I should only get a 90 day ban for realz buy my skin care products and my red-dot wacky electro-doo-dad-thing that I use because I'm elleeeete discount code is TaintedMexicoMeat please follow me and lyke this post and sign up for my Olympic technique seminar on July 30th for $400 because I'm a slightly above average lifter in everyway but I know how to coach the classic lifts even though I'm not a coach these hair products are the best and I have only been lifting for a few years but my boyfriend taugh me everything there is to know about olympic lifting and I can get your Fran time down 15% you pee CokeZero though but hey no pain no gain did I mention discount code TaintedCreatine? please like my video "Keto, you are probably doing it wrong" BRB going to use a jigsaw with the ping pong ball attachment to breakup fascia lesions on my coccygeus magnus feelz good oh yeah #metoo don't objectify me I'm just an athlete trying to make a buck doing what a love same as anyother athlete here's a nice selfie of me doing a walking handstand on a beach in a thong and praise jesus and only through the power of christ could a accomplish what I do accept the lord as your savior use discount code:Ostarineinmyorganiceyeliner here's a close up pic of me with a fuckton of makeup on and borderline eating disorder but I' not a role model like charles barkley look at me a selfie with my thumb in my tight see thru boy short pulling my waistband down to my monspubis see my ab vein can only get this way using Isagenix Nutrition Projects discount code MK-2866 my coach kept my SSB that's not his is was for me going see if I can post myself working out at 12 different gym this week because its cool to hop all around and train on my fifth coach in two years but I didn't rape that girl in the dorms, that's all a rumor gonna quit the sport because reasons can clean 524 pounds but not gonna compete just lift on the grams #winning oh that reminds me: discount codeWIN-14833 here a selfie of me in booty shorts doing technique work drill with bands with more camel toe than Saudi Arabia I work so hard and my technique is great but I can't hit an opening snatch at worlds three times in a row oh well shit happens it was the lords plan for me gonna squat 275 kg for a double but can't stand up with 190 on my shoulders because reasons sign up for my technique seminar for $550 even though a look like a newborn foal thats walking for the first time when I snatch I want to like like a Fronning and play community college baseball and be the fittest man on earth because he's the best nevermind the NFL/NBA/MLB guys they don't even functional fitness patterns look at my abz discount code:WADAISLAME praise christ let the spirit into your life see my selfie with my dogs but I travel all the time so are they really my pets if someone else has to take care of them 40% of the time my ass looks great in these shorts that are two sizes too small
Last edited by mbasic on Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:24 am

mbasic wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:13 am stuff
Can I hire you to write my instagram posts? Payment will be in the form of extra carrots, because I bought a freaking 6lb bag from Costco

MPhelps

Post by MPhelps » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:15 am

mbasic wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:13 am I'd imagine that was the jist of the Chiro office being on the plans.

and their "tainted" preworkouts/recovery drinks that they totally don't know that there's SARMS in there ;) because no one has ever heard of that ever happening to anyone ever big surprise OMG can't believe there is stanzobol in my raspberry flavor electrolyte drink totally did not know I should get only two year ban because my boyfriend has be using tren and blew a big load in me last night and my body absorbed it or it fell out into the test cup nevermind a have vein-ey 12 pack abs and trapz up to my ears I just have those hidden testicles the size a peas in my stomach and am a high responder to training I should only get a 90 day ban for realz buy my skin care products and my red-dot wacky electro-doo-dad-thing that I use because I'm elleeeete discount code is TaintedMexicoMeat please follow me and lyke this post and sign up for my Olympic technique seminar on July 30th for $400 because I'm a slightly above average lifter in everyway but I know how to coach the classic lifts even though I'm not a coach these hair products are the best and I have only been lifting for a few years but my boyfriend taugh me everything there is to know about olympic lifting and I can get your Fran time down 15% you pee CokeZero though but hey no pain no gain did I mention discount code TaintedCreatine? please like my video "Keto, you are probably doing it wrong" BRB going to use a jigsaw with the ping pong ball attachment to breakup fascia lesions on my coccygeus magnus feelz good oh yeah #metoo don't objectify me I'm just an athlete trying to make a buck doing what a love same as anyother athlete here's a nice selfie of me doing a walking handstand on a beach in a thong and praise jesus and only through the power of christ could a accomplish what I do accept the lord as your savior use discount code:Ostarineinmyorganiceyeliner here's a close up pic of me with a fuckton of makeup on and borderline eating disorder but I' not a role model like charles barkley look at me a selfie with my thumb in my tight see thru boy short pulling my waistband down to my monspubis see my ab vein can only get this way using Isagenix Nutrition Projects discount code MK-2866 my coach kept my SSB that's not his is was for me going see if I can post myself working out at 12 different gym this week because its cool to hop all around and train on my fifth coach in two years but I didn't rape that girl in the dorms, that's all a rumor gonna quit the sport because reasons can clean 524 pounds but not gonna compete just lift on the grams #winning oh that reminds me: discount codeWIN-14833 here a selfie of me in booty shorts doing technique work drill with bands with more camel toe than Saudi Arabia I work so hard and my technique is great but I can't hit an opening snatch at worlds three times in a row oh well shit happens it was the lords plan for me gonna squat 275 kg for a double but can't stand up with 190 on my shoulders because reasons sign up for my technique seminar for $550 even though a look like a newborn foal thats walking for the first time when I snatch I want to like like a Fronning and play community college baseball and be the fittest man on earth because he's the best nevermind the NFL/NBA/MLB guys they don't even functional fitness patterns look at my abz discount code:WADAISLAME praise christ let the spirit into your life see my selfie with my dogs but I travel all the time so are they really my pets if someone else has to take care of them 40% of the time my ass looks great in these shorts that are two sizes too small
Paragraphs and punctuation please! Jk lol

Post of the week.
Sums up the state of American WL and crossfit

Stenson

Post by Stenson » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:34 am

mbasic wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:13 am I'd imagine that was the jist of the Chiro office being on the plans.

I thoroughly enjoyed this post.

CamLeslie

Post by CamLeslie » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:43 am

mbasic wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:13 am stuff
Bravo.

TheGOAT

Post by TheGOAT » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:54 pm

I wish I had the stones to finish reading that.

thejosef

Post by thejosef » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:30 pm

That.. was.. BEAUTIFUL.

cgeorg

Post by cgeorg » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:42 pm

And?

sklunk

Post by sklunk » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:33 am

I love you so much.

BassPlayer

Post by BassPlayer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:43 am

28th Individual South Athlete: epimentendiol, metabolites of methandienone and oxandrolone, epioxandrolone, methanol, a letrozole metabolie, and amphetamine, 4-year ban
Methanol?

iamsmu

Post by iamsmu » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:42 am

I just looked through a month or so of programming at a local XFit box. They divide it up into different levels. It's mainly split between fitness and competition. The competition group meets for longer at 7pm. I guess they are the last group of the day.

The fitness stuff is largely conditioning. The percentages stay pretty low. They are having them do strict or assisted pull ups. I only see kipping in the comp group.

The comp group does a shit load of medium to high intensity squatting, oly lifts, and pressing before doing 15-20 minutes of conditioning that varies.

Both groups bench press regularly. Weird. I haven't seen this before when looking at xfit programming.

Here's the competition programming from the last three nights (I think they only meet 5 days a week for comp, taking Thursday and Sunday off):

-----------------

Skill Work
Kick-up to Freestanding HS Hold x 60-90 seconds of holding accumulated
Double/Triple Under Practice x 5 minutes

Barbell
A. Power Clean + Push Jerk; 50%x3; 60%x3; 70%x2; 75%x2; 80%x2x3
B. Push Jerk + Split Jerk; 2+2RM**; 90%x(2+2)x2 sets (goal is to beat last week)
C. Snatch Grip RDL x5x4 (all sets 5-10% up from last week
D. Bench Press; 50%x5; 60%x3; 70%x2; 75%x1; 80%xAMRAP

Accessory
Back Rack Yoke Walk x 75ft x 3
Hand Over Hand Sled Pull x 75ft x 3

Optional PM Work
1k Run @5-10 seconds slower than 3k pace (per Kilometer)
Rest 3 minutes
x 4 rounds

-------------

Warm-up
Crossover Symmetry
TGU x 5/side
Crawl Sequence (bear, reverse bear, crab walk, spiderman)

Gymnastics/Core Work
A. Kip Swing x 7 + Kipping Ring Muscle Ups x 5-7 + Support Hold x 20 seconds (hold something between the feet for this); x 2 sets, rest as needed
**sub here can be:
Kip Swings x 10×2
Partner Assisted Strict Ring MU x3x3 w/slower negative
B. OTM x 9:
Min 1: False Grip Hang x 15 seconds
Min 2: Maltese Push-ups x 7-10
Min 3: V-Ups x 15

Barbell
A. Overhead Squat; 60%x3; 70%x3; 80%x2; 90%x2; 100%x1; 100+%x1
B. Hang Snatch (from knee); 3-RM**; 90%x3x2 (goal is to beat last week’s number)
C. Front Squat; (80%x3; 85%x2; 90%x1) x 3 waves

Conditioning
For time:
36 Wall Balls
12 Power snatches @135/95
9 Bar Muscle Ups
27 Wall Balls
9 Power snatches
6 Bar MUs
18 Wall Balls
6 Power Snatch
3 Bar MUs

Optional Additional Conditioning Session
300 Meter Row *
Rest 1 minute
x 8 rounds

*you MUST get faster each round – -focus on recovery and breathing between sets

------

Activation/ROM work
Single Arm Upright Row x 10/side x2
Side Lying DB External Rotations x 10/side x 2
Bottom of Pistol Hold off Box x 20/30 seconds/side x 2

Barbell
Technique Primer:
Press in Clean; 5-4-3 at ascending weight
A. Clean Pull + Hang Clean from below the knee + Front Squat + Clean; 1+1+1+1RM; 90%x1+1+1+1 x 3 sets
B. Deadlift; 60%x3; 65%x3; 72.5%x 3 reps x 8 sets; rest 90 seconds between sets — good speed on each rep

Conditioning
Every minute, on the minute, for 8 minutes:
1 Rope Climb w/vest — as heavy as you can do here, using legs

Rest 4 minutes, then…

Every minute, on the minute, for 10 minutes:
3 Toes to Bar
3 Burpees
3 Toes to Bar
3 Burpees

Rest 4 minutes, then…

Every minute, on the minute, for 12 minutes:
11/8 Cal Bike –goal is ~30 second or less, but same paces for all

CamLeslie

Post by CamLeslie » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:05 am

iamsmu wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:42 am Here's the competition programming from the last three nights (I think they only meet 5 days a week for comp, taking Thursday and Sunday off):
-----------------
Is it just me or does it look like someone drew workouts out of a hat? Not trying to be disrespectful, I just don't understand what is going on here except a lot of work.