WTB or Rent Specialty Bar (SB-1, SS Yoke)

For all your buying and selling needs

Moderator: Chebass88

throwinshapes

WTB or Rent Specialty Bar (SB-1, SS Yoke)

Post by throwinshapes » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:42 am

Anyone looking to sell or even rent a safety squat bar? Like a Rogue SB-1 or a EliteFTS SS Yoke, or whatever else is out there.

Located in seacoast area NH, willing to drive to meet up.
Last edited by throwinshapes on Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Re: WTB or Rent Specialty Bar (SB-1, SS Yoke)

Post by mgil » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:07 am

throwinshapes wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:42 am Is looking to sell or even rent a safety squat bar? Like a Rogue SB-1 or a EliteFTS SS Yoke, or whatever else is out there.

If you look at Edge Fitness Systems or Black Widow Training Gear, you might be in a more comfortable price range. I paid $250 for my Edge SSB shipped last Black Friday. The price is $250 or so normally, he was just including shipping for free.

bobmen10000

Post by bobmen10000 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:17 am

mgil wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:07 am
throwinshapes wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:42 am Is looking to sell or even rent a safety squat bar? Like a Rogue SB-1 or a EliteFTS SS Yoke, or whatever else is out there.

If you look at Edge Fitness Systems or Black Widow Training Gear, you might be in a more comfortable price range. I paid $250 for my Edge SSB shipped last Black Friday. The price is $250 or so normally, he was just including shipping for free.
Edge makes great equipment; I have used the Black Widow SSB as well, it is high quality too. If you catch a sale, both are the best bang for the buck in my experience. The Elite SS Yoke is great (and sometimes goes on sale, so keep an eye out for it too), as is the Rogue (might go on sale Black Friday) but they are not worth the extra money imo.

throwinshapes

Post by throwinshapes » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:34 am

Thanks guys, makes sense. The fine details aren't nearly as important as a regular bar.

Do you keep yours around for regular training? Seems like the BBM guys like to mix them in occasionally. My initial thought was I'd sell it once I've rehabbed my elbow.

TimK
Much Mustache

Post by TimK » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:38 pm

throwinshapes wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:34 amDo you keep yours around for regular training? Seems like the BBM guys like to mix them in occasionally. My initial thought was I'd sell it once I've rehabbed my elbow.
I have the SS Yoke bar from Elite FTS. Only reason I got it was so that I could squat while my left arm recovered after my bicep tendon repair. I think it was actually good for me to use it for a while since I always tended to fall into a round-back good morning when approaching maximal weights on my squat. The SSB wants to round you over and you have to actively resist that while you use it. Once I got back to regular squatting, it seemed like my ability to maintain thoracic extension had improved. On the other hand I also transitioned into a more submaximal training style (Montana Method) so that's also a factor. Regardless, I decided to keep the bar as it seems like a useful variation to have in the toolbox. Probably going to start using it once a week in my next training cycle.

GrizzlyAdam

Post by GrizzlyAdam » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:23 am

mgil wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:07 am If you look at Edge Fitness Systems or Black Widow Training Gear, you might be in a more comfortable price range. I paid $250 for my Edge SSB shipped last Black Friday. The price is $250 or so normally, he was just including shipping for free.
+1

I have the Elite FTS and it's great, but if I had it to do over again I'd buy the Edge. A lot less expensive, plus I like the extra-long handles.

bobmen10000

Post by bobmen10000 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:25 pm

GrizzlyAdam wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:23 am
mgil wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:07 am If you look at Edge Fitness Systems or Black Widow Training Gear, you might be in a more comfortable price range. I paid $250 for my Edge SSB shipped last Black Friday. The price is $250 or so normally, he was just including shipping for free.
+1

I have the Elite FTS and it's great, but if I had it to do over again I'd buy the Edge. A lot less expensive, plus I like the extra-long handles.
Plus, within reason, Rick at Edge Fitness will customize stuff for you. I think you can specify handle size for one by calling.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:22 pm

throwinshapes wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:34 am Thanks guys, makes sense. The fine details aren't nearly as important as a regular bar.

Do you keep yours around for regular training? Seems like the BBM guys like to mix them in occasionally. My initial thought was I'd sell it once I've rehabbed my elbow.
When I was squatting, I was using the SSB only. My shoulders get really grumpy with LBBS. Allowed me to build my squat and bench at the same time.

throwinshapes

Post by throwinshapes » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:32 am

Ended up ordering a new one Edge Fitness. An eliteFTS one came up on craigslist in CT, but I was too late.

There's also a Black Widow one in NY for anyone else looking.