"Pay what you want" Coaching

Offering services? Make a post. Be clear and concise.

The administrators and moderators make no money from services offered here.

No warranties or guarantees made nor implied.

Moderators: mgil, Chebass88

OverheadDeadlifts

"Pay what you want" Coaching

Post by OverheadDeadlifts » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Want some coaching but don’t want to pay money upfront in case it doesn't go as planned? If so, keep reading.

Brief bio

I’ve been barbell training consistently for almost 7 years now and, aside from a brief stint with BBM a few years ago, I’ve mainly coached myself. I also have in person coaching experience from my time working in a couple of gyms. My bests are (converted from kilos) 420lbs squat for 5 singles, 400lbs deadlift for a set of 5, 300lbs bench and a 187.5lbs press.

My flavour of programming at the moment is low intensity, high volume. Mostly a mishmash of things I’ve learned from Sheiko and BBM/RTS. I like to use RPE sparingly but if you don’t want to use it at all, I’m sure there’s a workaround. I can tailor programming to however many days you want to train (more is usually better) and how long you want sessions to be. I also like to add in some bro work but this can be omitted if you want programming that's more purely strength based.

Also, it doesn’t just have to be programming, I can help you in other ways too. I’m pretty handy with nutrition (600 day myfitnesspal streak yo) and can help with diet advice, even if macros aren’t your thing. I can also check your form as little or as often as you’d like. So if you’d like those things on top of programming (or perhaps just those services alone) then I’m open to that as well.

Payment

After an agreed upon amount of time (probably 6 weeks) you can decide what the progress you made was worth to you. Made amazing progress and want to pay me a competitive rate? That’s great! Crashed and burned on every lift and hate me forever? You don't have to give me anything. Or if you make good progress but can’t afford to pay much, that’s cool too, I know the feeling.

Why am I doing it this way?

As someone who hasn’t coached anyone for a little over a year, it takes the pressure off of me a little knowing that if I totally botch things then I haven’t cheated someone out of their money. It also takes the pressure off of you knowing that you don’t have to try extra hard to make the programming work since you won’t be wasting money by the week if things are going nowhere. Plus at any point you can back out and say ‘nah I’m done’ without any worries or hassle.

TL;DR, offering whatever kind of coaching you want at any price point you see fit. If you have any questions feel free to ask in this thread or PM me.