Online Coaching For Strength, Power, and Conditioning!

Offering services? Make a post. Be clear and concise.

The administrators and moderators make no money from services offered here.

No warranties or guarantees made nor implied.

Moderators: mgil, Chebass88

ape288

Online Coaching For Strength, Power, and Conditioning!

Post by ape288 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:00 am

Hey guys, haven't posted too much lately, but I'm still training! Mostly though I've been working with clients. I've really tried hard to expand my coaching business this year and it's been a lot of fun and I'm hoping to make it into something that's viable for the long term. I'm still not quite there yet, but I'm getting there!

Anyway, for those who care I'm a formerly NASM certified personal trainer. I worked in the commercial gym setting for a few years, but to be honest that wasn't really for me, so I veered courses several years ago. I've been training with weights for over 10 years now. I'm mostly self-taught but I do have a slight background in kinesiology and nutrition at the university level. My main areas of expertise are strength acquisition, power development/athletic enhancement, general strength & power, and somewhat unorthodox conditioning methods. I've also competed at a relatively high level in powerlifting. My main philosophy these days though is to be healthy and well-rounded. In my own training I'm biased towards strength, but not to an excessive degree. I also greatly prioritize running and jumping as well as possessing sound overall movement capacity, a high general work capacity, and a solid base of conditioning year round.

Currently, I offer both comprehensive online coaching as well as customized training programs. With the comprehensive coaching I take care of all facets of the training for the client, that includes providing an in depth analysis of lifting technique on major exercises, writing customized blocks of training tailored specifically to the goals of the client, and making adjustments to that programming on a weekly basis as is needed. Clients are also encouraged to check in with me after each week of training and send me video of all of their primary lifts for re-analysis, as well as provide me with their own notes on how each session and exercise felt. I find the combination of video and subjective analysis to be very helpful for determining how to move forward. Lastly, full time clients are also free to contact me whenever with any questions or concerns that they run into.

With the customized training programs, it's just that. I have a questionnaire that I have each client fill out and with the information that they provide me I'm able to put together a fully customized training program tailored specifically to their goals in the gym. Currently, I offer this in either 8, 12, or 16 week cycles, with the 16 week programs being split up into 2 distinct 8 week blocks.

Lastly, I'm also currently in the process of finishing up a few program templates. These are generic programs (not customized like my other programs), however, they stand out because they are templates that can be re-used almost indefinitely with an almost infinite amount of permutations to them. So in this case, I am providing a program that's all laid out in terms of sets, reps, progressions, and categories of exercises, but the actual exercises themselves are left blank and there is a large pool of exercises to choose from to fill in the template. I have completed a 16 week novice template, a 16 week intermediate template, and a 16 week late-intermediate template. Those 3 templates together are sufficient to take someone from a rank novice to an essentially advanced trainee and provide them with years upon years of productive training. The final template that I'm working on is a vertical jump program. That one will be a little bit different from the other 3, but it's going to be a solid program.

Anyway, this got lengthier than I wanted it to, but if you're interested shoot me an email at enkiri.elite@gmail.com and I can send you some more information about any of it. Unfortunately, I don't have a web site quite yet, but I'm working on that as well.

Also, feel free to check me out on social media:
www.youtube.com/forestofwolvesgym
www.instagram.com/ape288
You can also check out my training log on this site: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=600

Thanks for reading all this!

Alec

ape288

Re: Online Coaching For Strength, Power, and Conditioning!

Post by ape288 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:12 am

Update:

Just launched the web site. You can find a list of the coaching services I offer on there along with that series of training templates that I mentioned in the last post, which can now be downloaded directly through the web site. I also published my first article on there as well, which is a project I started a while ago and actually posted the original draft on here. I enjoy writing and I'd like to post more articles, just need to find the time to do it. I've also got a whole bunch of my informative YouTube content organized into categories and embedded onto the site as well. So it's still a bit of a work in progress, but it's coming along nicely. Hopefully I can get some traffic to start coming over to it now. If you think any of the info would help someone you know I'll love you forever if you share it around!

https://www.enkirielitefitness.com

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:19 am

I'm a fan of @ape288's channel and approach to training variety.

Definitely worth looking into if you're wanting someone with an open mind to trying new stuff to drive performance.

ape288

Post by ape288 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:02 pm

mgil wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:19 am I'm a fan of @ape288's channel and approach to training variety.

Definitely worth looking into if you're wanting someone with an open mind to trying new stuff to drive performance.
Hey, thanks a lot man!

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:47 am

ape288 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:12 am Update:

Just launched the web site. You can find a list of the coaching services I offer on there along with that series of training templates that I mentioned in the last post, which can now be downloaded directly through the web site. I also published my first article on there as well, which is a project I started a while ago and actually posted the original draft on here. I enjoy writing and I'd like to post more articles, just need to find the time to do it. I've also got a whole bunch of my informative YouTube content organized into categories and embedded onto the site as well. So it's still a bit of a work in progress, but it's coming along nicely. Hopefully I can get some traffic to start coming over to it now. If you think any of the info would help someone you know I'll love you forever if you share it around!

What's your coaching history and/or "pedigree"?

Do you have any examples/previous/current athletes?

ape288

Post by ape288 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Update:

mbasic wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:47 am What's your coaching history and/or "pedigree"?

Do you have any examples/previous/current athletes?
Sorry for the late response but I experienced a loss in the family this week.

I began training with weights in about 2007-2008, and I received my personal training certification from NASM in 2011, and then I spent the next 3 years working in the commercial gym setting while also taking on clients of my own on the side outside of the gym.

In 2014 I quit personal training and began working in an unrelated filed for the following 3 years. I still trained a handful of people on the side as well as stayed diligent with my own training/learning.

In 2017 I started taking clients online, at that time mostly novice and intermediate lifters who were interested in learning the basics of proper barbell training. Since then my YouTube channel has grown a decent bit and the added traffic brought a lot of new people my way so I've branched out into athletic style training as well, which has always been an area of passion for me. I have segued primarily into writing customized training plans but I also keep at least 5 full time clients at any given time.

I'll highlight 3 specific and slightly different cases for you if you are interested in actual results.

-In person I coached my little sister to a 300lbs squat, 135x5 bench press, and 350lbs deadlift at a body weight of 140lbs over the course of about 3 years. She started with zero experience.

-I have a full time client who has been with me for about a year with a break of about 2 months thrown in around the holidays this past year. He will be testing some lifts in a few weeks and will be in very big PR's across the board. When he came to me he had a PR squat of 205lbs, a deadlift of 225lbs, a strict press of 95lbs, a dip of bw+60lbs, and a chin-up of bw+40lbs. His body weight was 160lbs.
Since then he has squatted 265lbs for a very easy triple (good for 300 for a single with a little practice, strength is there though).
Deadlifted 285lbs for a very easy triple (easily good for mid 3's for a single).
Done a strict press with 135lbs.
Done a chin-up with an additional 70lbs while also adding 15lbs of body weight.
Done a weighted dip with an additional 90lbs.
He has also bench pressed 185lbs for a few comfy triples, and added 15 solid pounds of body weight.

-a college football player with 3 years of prior weight training experience contacted me a few months ago for a training program. With a 12 week training program we were able to take his 40yd dash from 4.59 down to 4.42 seconds during preseason testing. His L drill improved from 6.92 seconds to 6.69 seconds. And his bench press improved from 225x7 to 235x8.

In general with normal clients like the first two, I prefer a slow and steady approach. Everything the second client has done is very easy, nothing near his limit because there isn't really any point. Yet, he is repping weights he couldn't even touch a few months ago. If he ever wants to truly peak then we will, but it's not necessary at this stage. And if he ever decides to go on his own he will be equipped with all of the knowledge he needs to continue to make progress for many years without ever beating himself up and taking himself out of the game (assuming he continues to follow the lessons he has been taught).

Anyway, I hope this helps.