Chicken Breast and Ground Beef

Recipes and such

Moderator: d0uevenlift

alek

Re: Chicken Breast and Ground Beef

Post by alek » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:03 am

I've made this 3 times now. It's really good.

ohlol

Post by ohlol » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:19 am

I eat ground beef 2x a day typically. I make 6oz (raw) patties w/adobo seasoning in a skillet and chop up with rice and veggies. Super good.

I actually just got a grinder and ground almost 6.5lb of striploin. Then I formed patties and cooked them @ 130F w/my sous vide circulator. It made 16 6oz patties. The meat is a bit more expensive than 1lb blocks of beef from Trader Joe's but god damn does it taste so much better.

One quick and easy meal I'll do is mix a can of beef chili with two servings of cooked ground beef (seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder). That's two servings and something like 4x grams of protein, 2x-3x grams of carbs and whatever fats. Add a cornbread muffin or two and you've got a damn tasty, damn quick meal.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:48 am

ohlol wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:19 am a cornbread muffin or twenty
FTFY.
Went to a "Chili and beer" festival this past weekend, and out of 40+ entries for the chili competition, only ONE had cornbread. And while bad cornbread is better than no cornbread, it was bad cornbread.
Cornbread is the best part of chili.

ohlol

Post by ohlol » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:09 pm

It's not much to look at, but this is hand ground beef (NY strip w/the fat cap removed), calrose rice and spinach wilted from the heat of the previous two ingredients.

I sous vide 5oz beef patties and shock in ice to pasteurize. This allows me refridgerate in the zip lock. Then when I'm ready to make some, I just take a couple out of the fridge. Dat on-demand meal prep. To finish, I reheat in the SV back to temp, then remove from the zip lock and dry off with paper towels as best as possible. Salt, adobo seasoning and cooking spray, then into a fry pan for about 30s each side. Super good, especially with the hand ground beef. Flavor is not even comparable.

You may ask why it looks overcooked: That's because I shocked and put in fridge.

alek

Post by alek » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:09 pm

Live, thread!! Live!!

I made this tonight. It was gud. I did add some diced tomatoes to the lemon juice just cause. I recommend.