Children’s Supplementation.

What's a carb? A car part? What's a macro? A type of camera lens?

Moderator: Manveer

LexAnderson
small whoopie mouse

Children’s Supplementation.

Post by LexAnderson » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:52 am

Hey guys I was thinking of getting my 4 year old (5 in October) a good multivitamin and a protein powder to supplement what he isn’t getting through his regular diet. I have him every weekend and I try to get him to eat a cleaner diet over nuggets and pizza that he typically has when he isn’t with me.

I know nothing replaces a diet, but I want to make sure he is getting everything he needs.

I’ve looked at Jocko’s Kids protein mix and it seems like a good option but still looking for a good multivitamin for children if anyone has suggestions?

Hardartery

Re: Children’s Supplementation.

Post by Hardartery » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:24 am

LexAnderson wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:52 am Hey guys I was thinking of getting my 4 year old (5 in October) a good multivitamin and a protein powder to supplement what he isn’t getting through his regular diet. I have him every weekend and I try to get him to eat a cleaner diet over nuggets and pizza that he typically has when he isn’t with me.

I know nothing replaces a diet, but I want to make sure he is getting everything he needs.

I’ve looked at Jocko’s Kids protein mix and it seems like a good option but still looking for a good multivitamin for children if anyone has suggestions?
All multivitamins are actually garbage. All of them. The ones for adults as well as the ones for children. Seriously, they are simply a waste of money. Feed him decent meat and find a way to get him to eat vegetables. I suggest cheese sauce if he doesn't like vegetables. If he runs around and does stuff, the high levels of HG in his system will overcome the bad parts of the diet.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Re: Children’s Supplementation.

Post by mgil » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:32 am

There are a ton of pretty decent veggie foods for kids now.

Like broccoli and/or cauliflower tots, zucchini fries, stuff like that. The vegan/vegetarian peeps have helped get some decent alternatives for kids to the shelves.

Another thing is to make some fruit smoothies with kale or similar. Tons of vitamins there. Kids love that stuff.

Explore the options out there for tricking kids into a healthy diet. There are a lot of books on the topic as well.