Rogue echo bike “clunk”

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

Oldandfat

Rogue echo bike “clunk”

Post by Oldandfat » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:11 pm

My,bike is,starting to “clunk” when I,pedal. If ,sit back ND PEDAL ONLY it’s fine. When I,sit,forward and use the arms it “clunks”.

Everything seems tight nd nothing is loose. Not sure what to.do??

Anyone else have this problem? I can take the covers off but if nothing is loose I dunno?

Any,ideas?

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Re: Rogue echo bike “clunk”

Post by mgil » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:46 pm

Have you contacted Rogue? They are known for top notch customer service.

bobmen10000

Post by bobmen10000 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:39 pm

I sold my bike a while back but did you check the bolts and nuts? Mine made weird noises for a long time until I finally tightened it just right on the pedals (and the arms too.)

Video what is happening as well, Rogue should allow you to send a link. They did that for me about an issue with some plates, i sent them a video as it was easier than sending multiple photos.

James

Post by James » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:14 pm

I wrote Rogue about the wobble my 2.0 flat bench had and they asked me to film it and send them the video. I apparently bought the bench before they added rubber feet to them. They sent me a set right away free.

Definitely contact rogue.

Oldandfat

Post by Oldandfat » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:26 pm

I’ve contacted rogue. They asked for invoice, serial number, and a video of,”what’s happening”. Said they’d,take care of me.

So while trying to shoot the “perfect” video I,was trying different things and I,think the “clunk” is from the seat/seat post. It’s adjustable up/down, and front/back. Pop pin and then screw in to lock.

I think it’s just the seat post shifting in its tubing.

Anyone else with an echo bike have this? Maybe I’m just too much a fat ass?

ccoyle

Post by ccoyle » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:01 am

Can you feel a shake or shudder at a specific location on the bike at the moment it clunks?

Oldandfat

Post by Oldandfat » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:23 pm

ccoyle wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:01 am Can you feel a shake or shudder at a specific location on the bike at the moment it clunks?
I’m pretty sure it’s the seat/ thing that holds seat and slides up and down

It doesn’t clunk when I pedal standing up. Only sitting, and I’ve checked everything else out. It’s all tight, with no play or movement.

I suspect the “clunk” starts Tah the seat and transmits down the tube and into the pedals.

thejosef

Post by thejosef » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:05 am

Oldandfat wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:23 pm
ccoyle wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:01 am Can you feel a shake or shudder at a specific location on the bike at the moment it clunks?
I’m pretty sure it’s the seat/ thing that holds seat and slides up and down

It doesn’t clunk when I pedal standing up. Only sitting, and I’ve checked everything else out. It’s all tight, with no play or movement.

I suspect the “clunk” starts Tah the seat and transmits down the tube and into the pedals.
I recently purchased one and I can feel a noise/clunk in the seat somewhere.. you have me curious now. I'm about to go test it out this morning and see if I need to contact them. Everything else is rock solid, it's definitely something in the seat on mine..

quikky

Post by quikky » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:10 am

I have the exact same issue and I am guessing it is just the seat post moving inside the tube. I have tightened things down and same deal. I'd be very curious what Rogue say.

Cleverusername

Post by Cleverusername » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:24 pm

I put some self adhesive UHMW to take out the slop.
There’s a plastic? Liner inside the black square tubing.I put some UHMW inside there.

FredM

Post by FredM » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:32 pm

I had that problem but "fixed" it by just tightening the seat. Assuming it came loose naturally or my son loosened it when I wasn't looking. No clunk when it's tightened properly.

They did ship my Echo with a display that would burn through the batteries in a day or 2. They shipped me a new display after a pretty brief email exchange and I haven't had any other problems.

quikky

Post by quikky » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:40 pm

Rogue shipped me a new seat post. My Echo is out of warranty, so I had to pay $60 for it. Rogue said if the new post does not fix it, they'd refund me the cost, which I thought was fair. The post arrived and the clunk seems to be gone based on a few workouts.