Australians

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

MarkKO

Re: Australians

Post by MarkKO » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:11 pm

BenM wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:34 pm
MarkKO wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:08 am Three of us! All Northside too.
It's a small world! I haven't been back for a few years, but I guess I'll have to go visit Dad one day when COVID allows. Least someone here should be able to point me towards somewhere decent to lift.
For sure!

CoolColJ

Re: Australians

Post by CoolColJ » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:42 am

I picked up a second hand stainless steel Rogue Ohio Power bar from Gum Tree earlier this week. The guy bought it at the start of the COVID lockdowns.
So not too old, and saved a good chunk of cash.

This bar's knurling is amazing, with the raw steel, it feels moderate upon first touch, but when loaded it just doesn't slip even without chalk.
If you press your thumb on all my bars and try and try to slide, it moves on my first cheap Muscle Motion chromed bar, a little on the ATX chromed bar, and zero on this Ohio power bar.
Centre knurling is a bit nasty for front squats though, so a piece of cloth over that me thinks. And maybe presses as well.

Doesn't spin as well as my ATX Bulls bearing bar, that I bought because all Rogue bars were out of stock at the time. And 29mm vs 28mm.
But I use this one for pulls and olys from now on. It's a bit more whippy which used to bounce me around on high bar squats, and it felt sketchy unstable on low bar squats. It has centre knurling but I taped over it with a thick layer of Rogue grip tape.
And benching with it spins too much when unracking... those bearings will spin for over 40 secs when you turn a plate on it!
It's always felt a bit weird in my hands, kinda slippery without chalk. And the fact it will move in your hands means it sometimes breaks open my callous
Still a decently good bar and still straight

Don't need to worry about any of that with the atainless steel Ohio power bar now 8-)