Home gym: first buys

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

broseph
High Fiber

Re: Home gym: first buys

Post by broseph » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:35 am

SnakePlissken wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:40 am So from what I've seen I could do 3 things...
Get a Titan bike for 630 bucks right now (on sale from 700), but reviews are complaining about missing parts which I had issues with ordering my rack. Kinda concerned about rotating component quality with Titan
Assault Air bike is 800 bucks and seems a lot more like a bridge between a Rouge echo and the titan bike
Rouge Echo which is 900 and probably won't have any quality/build issues.
I had a lot of experience with Assault bikes before pulling the trigger on my Titan, and had the same concerns as you.

Mine is only a few months old, but it feels almost exactly like an Assault. It might feel a little easier at a given stroke rate, to be honest, but I blamed that on the new, well lubed parts. It also comes with a wind guard that stops the fan wheel from blowing at your face. Limiting air movement around the fan might also make it easier. Also, I love the wind guard. You might get a little sweatier, but I was actually applying lubricating eye drops before Assault Bike sessions due to the face wind. (you can removed the guard if you want)

Any extra "easiness" is mitigated by just peddling faster.

SnakePlissken

Post by SnakePlissken » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:45 am

broseph wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:35 am
SnakePlissken wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:40 am So from what I've seen I could do 3 things...
Get a Titan bike for 630 bucks right now (on sale from 700), but reviews are complaining about missing parts which I had issues with ordering my rack. Kinda concerned about rotating component quality with Titan
Assault Air bike is 800 bucks and seems a lot more like a bridge between a Rouge echo and the titan bike
Rouge Echo which is 900 and probably won't have any quality/build issues.
I had a lot of experience with Assault bikes before pulling the trigger on my Titan, and had the same concerns as you.

Mine is only a few months old, but it feels almost exactly like an Assault. It might feel a little easier at a given stroke rate, to be honest, but I blamed that on the new, well lubed parts. It also comes with a wind guard that stops the fan wheel from blowing at your face. Limiting air movement around the fan might also make it easier. Also, I love the wind guard. You might get a little sweatier, but I was actually applying lubricating eye drops before Assault Bike sessions due to the face wind. (you can removed the guard if you want)

Any extra "easiness" is mitigated by just peddling faster.
I actually just wound up buying the Titan Bike on my lunch break here at work. Read Garage Gym Review's pages on the three and it seemed like the Titan Bike fits me the best. He made the same comment about how Titan's bike could be made in the same factory as the Assault Bikes, but that the monitor on Titan's isn't as good (low priority to me). Apparently, the Rouge Echo isn't great for short people and keeping others in mind, it kinda crossed that off the list too so I'm going with Titan. Hopefully all the hardware is there lol.

Thanks for the info though, always good getting legit reviews.

Skander

Post by Skander » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:37 pm

If she has knee issues, maybe a ski erg might work too? They're really goofy, but kind of fun. Though battle ropes would be cheaper and similar.

SnakePlissken

Post by SnakePlissken » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:40 pm

Skander wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:37 pm If she has knee issues, maybe a ski erg might work too? They're really goofy, but kind of fun. Though battle ropes would be cheaper and similar.
I had to google what that was lol. Never even heard of this before. The battle ropes are actually a good idea for anyone I think. Might be taking more trips to the second hand lifting store soon.