Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

Hardartery

Re: Rogue Invitational 2022

Post by Hardartery » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:49 am

MarkKO wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:37 pm
Hardartery wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:33 pm
MarkKO wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:15 am
mouse wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:59 am Honest to God there have been a couple times where I sat around at work weighing whether it would be worth it to move my family to Columbus when they do their hiring sprees...

They seem like a pretty decent company to work for.
Why is it so many strength related things seem to come out of Columbus?
There's nothing else to do there except freeze to death?
I guess? I've never been
It's Rust Belt. It was a big growing area that has collpased with the movement of manufacturing and now is littered with old corroding vestiges of an industrial past. It's mostly ugly and depressing and that belt of Northern Ohio (Cleveland for example) across Erie to Buffalo suffers wicked lake effect winter weather. Canada is the other side of Lake Erie (where I grew up) and is actually much warmer and less pounded by snow and winter. And the roads suck.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:19 am

Hardartery wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:49 am
mouse wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:59 am Honest to God there have been a couple times where I sat around at work weighing whether it would be worth it to move my family to Columbus when they do their hiring sprees...

I guess? I've never been
It's Rust Belt. It was a big growing area that has collpased with the movement of manufacturing and now is littered with old corroding vestiges of an industrial past. It's mostly ugly and depressing and that belt of Northern Ohio (Cleveland for example) across Erie to Buffalo suffers wicked lake effect winter weather. Canada is the other side of Lake Erie (where I grew up) and is actually much warmer and less pounded by snow and winter. And the roads suck.
That does indeed sound not so great. I've heard of the Rust Belt, didn't know Ohio was part of it.

mouse

Post by mouse » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:15 am

MarkKO wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:19 am

I guess? I've never been
That does indeed sound not so great. I've heard of the Rust Belt, didn't know Ohio was part of it.
And then some...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_Belt

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:29 am

mouse wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:15 am
MarkKO wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:19 am

I guess? I've never been
And then some...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_Belt
That was an interesting read. I did not know the vast majority of that. Thanks.