Squat and DL stance

Ask questions, post videos, help others not screw up

Moderators: mgil, d0uevenlift

Tommy1507

Re: Squat and DL stance

Post by Tommy1507 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:38 pm

mgil wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:52 am @Tommy1507, those squats look clean. If you’re feeling like you’re having a problem with dorsiflexion, it’s possibly because you are burying your back squats. If you were wanting to push your squat weight higher, then cutting those off a little shallower and forcing some extra hamstring tension by shoving your butt backwards would work.

However, for general strength and mobility, I’d just train the motion you have and take the small gains as they come provided you’re accumulating stress frequently enough to get hypertrophy gains.
I always just thought better a little bit to deep than too high if its possible. I also don't have any ambitions to compete in PL so i am not to concernced with my 1 RM. Anyways probably a good odead to play around with the depth and see how that feels and what changes.

@DCR
Now i am tempted to try to squat in flat shoes again. Just to see how that feels.
One things that i have also noticed, that i tend to put relativley much weight on my rearfoot in everday activities when i do them mindless. Although i have been active in atheltic endeavors since i was a child and seem to switch my posture, stance and weight distribution when doing them, it is possible to do it otherwise on a daily basis. Started doing some calf raises through the day and before training and focusing specially on the weight distribution when warming up with skipping rope, lunges and active stretches also seem to have a positive effect.