Tip Toeing in my Vibrams

A place to track your progress, or lack thereof

Moderator: Chebass88

DCR

Re: Tip Toeing in my Vibrams

Post by DCR » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:05 am

Renascent wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:32 pm Haven't weighed myself in months, but did so today for no particular reason. Down to 190, which could explain some things.
Your log continuously shits on all of my excuses for not lifting more weight.
Renascent wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:32 pm Anyway, some Nuke Ass for that ass:
But you're still my boo.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:21 am

Renascent wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:32 pm
One of my bosses seems genuinely upset that I wasn't bullshitting about trying to get out of their department; lots of passive-aggressive questions about why I was wearing a tie one day last week. The other boss is ... unpredictably trying to appear stoic and unconcerned, but he's never been one to convincingly wear a mask of gravitas. In his mind, I'm supposed to be some scruffy, intimidating (his word(s), not mine), uncouth, mean and scary Black dude (at 5'7") who owes him for his graciousness in giving me an opportunity to (over)work for him.

Life's about the small joys too. I've been smiling all week.

Anyway, some Nuke Ass for that ass:
I remember vividly the day I gave my notice at the last office job I suffered through. They were mad at me for turning down a "Promotion" from Shift Lead to Supervisor. It was going from hourly plus on-call pay to salaried with no on-call bonus, and going from night shift (Where I did not deal with traffic, ever) to day shift (Where I would be in rush hour crap and have to allow extra commute time). I said no, and poiltely told them the only job I was interested in moving to was in the company diagram as a job that did not exist yet but was eventually supposed to be created when the company hit a certain milestone. A week or so later they announced a substantial downsize to the Customer Care department, which meant that some supervisors there were trying to find new positions with in the company. Shortly after that one of those supervisors who was friends with people above me got announced via e-mail to now have the job title that I wanted but "Didn't exist" yet and wouldn't for quite a while supposedly. The kicker was the department director giving him direct credit in a company wide email for the training documentation for my department, which had been done almost exclusively by me and after he left our department to be a supervisor in Customer Care. I made two phone calls, got two job offers the next morning and turned in my notice on my way out the door to go home. My Manager refused to even look at me after that, she was that offended by my leaving.

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:17 am

cgeorg wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:44 am
Renascent wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:32 pm • One of the upper-level management figures resigned last week, partly out of protest. Lots of pieces are moving now. I was told to give him a call, and did so. It feels great to talk to someone who apparently saw the same toxic things I've been seeing within the culture of that place. Also seems that he put my name in a few ears on his way out, so I'm going to try to meet with some of them tomorrow to look into some vacancies that he recommended me for.

Admittedly, I am enjoying the new buzz around the hive, and it feels strange -- in a good way -- to be reminded by others that you're probably worth more than what you're getting. A supervisor from another department invited me to a clandestine one-on-one discussion, and offered me a position in her group. Had a chat with a former boss and got some good intel.
This kind of validation after the stuff you've been through sounds *really* nice
It certainly feels nice.

Maybe this is a testament to how untenable the situation has become, and I'm still probably far from a resolution just yet, but it feels exhilarating to "step out," so to speak.
DCR wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:05 am
Renascent wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:32 pm Anyway, some Nuke Ass for that ass:
But you're still my boo.
This got a loud belly laugh out of me the other day. My co-worker, whom I'd not said a word to all morning, looked bemused.
Hardartery wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:21 am
Renascent wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:32 pm
One of my bosses seems genuinely upset that I wasn't bullshitting about trying to get out of their department; lots of passive-aggressive questions about why I was wearing a tie one day last week. The other boss is ... unpredictably trying to appear stoic and unconcerned, but he's never been one to convincingly wear a mask of gravitas. In his mind, I'm supposed to be some scruffy, intimidating (his word(s), not mine), uncouth, mean and scary Black dude (at 5'7") who owes him for his graciousness in giving me an opportunity to (over)work for him.

Life's about the small joys too. I've been smiling all week.

Anyway, some Nuke Ass for that ass:
I remember vividly the day I gave my notice at the last office job I suffered through. They were mad at me for turning down a "Promotion" from Shift Lead to Supervisor. It was going from hourly plus on-call pay to salaried with no on-call bonus, and going from night shift (Where I did not deal with traffic, ever) to day shift (Where I would be in rush hour crap and have to allow extra commute time). I said no, and poiltely told them the only job I was interested in moving to was in the company diagram as a job that did not exist yet but was eventually supposed to be created when the company hit a certain milestone. A week or so later they announced a substantial downsize to the Customer Care department, which meant that some supervisors there were trying to find new positions with in the company. Shortly after that one of those supervisors who was friends with people above me got announced via e-mail to now have the job title that I wanted but "Didn't exist" yet and wouldn't for quite a while supposedly. The kicker was the department director giving him direct credit in a company wide email for the training documentation for my department, which had been done almost exclusively by me and after he left our department to be a supervisor in Customer Care. I made two phone calls, got two job offers the next morning and turned in my notice on my way out the door to go home. My Manager refused to even look at me after that, she was that offended by my leaving.
Heh.

The interview this morning went well, aside from my pen bleeding all over my hand. And I neglected to bring a copy of a training manual that I made from scratch a few years back that my boss "didn't even know (I) was working on." My interviewers seemed very interested in it, so I had to rush home afterward and send a zip file within a self-imposed two-hour time limit.

The same training manual was recently updated by another co-worker in preparation for some grunt work we'll be outsourcing next year. She got a lot of accolades for that, but I'm trying to look past it.

Hell, I might go to the Christmas management lunch next week after all. I'll have nothing to contribute to the conversation, not dissimilar to the last time I attended one and pored over shoulder girdle diagrams instead of partaking in the customary yelling at clouds. There's rumors that when my immediate boss retires next summer, she'll be replaced by a guy whom I trained some years back. I'd rather not be around for that, so the Allen Edmondses will be squeaking along for more mileage in the meantime.

Damn near praying to get the last laugh, so to speak. As Danielle Dax once said, "Never won any major battles, but I always try."

SnakePlissken

Post by SnakePlissken » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:24 am

Renascent wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:17 am Hell, I might go to the Christmas management lunch next week after all. I'll have nothing to contribute to the conversation, not dissimilar to the last time I attended one and pored over shoulder girdle diagrams instead of partaking in the customary yelling at clouds. There's rumors that when my immediate boss retires next summer, she'll be replaced by a guy whom I trained some years back. I'd rather not be around for that, so the Allen Edmondses will be squeaking along for more mileage in the meantime.
You need a Cinco Face Time Party Snoozer for this one.

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:59 pm

:lol:
SnakePlissken wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:24 am
Renascent wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:17 am Hell, I might go to the Christmas management lunch next week after all. I'll have nothing to contribute to the conversation, not dissimilar to the last time I attended one and pored over shoulder girdle diagrams instead of partaking in the customary yelling at clouds. There's rumors that when my immediate boss retires next summer, she'll be replaced by a guy whom I trained some years back. I'd rather not be around for that, so the Allen Edmondses will be squeaking along for more mileage in the meantime.
You need a Cinco Face Time Party Snoozer for this one.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:00 pm

(12.7.2022 -- Morning)
Bench Press
135 x 10
225 x 11
255 x 8
285 x 4 x 4
305 x 2 x 2
275 x 3 x 2
245 x 5
225 x 4 x 2

(Evening)
Barbell Hang Rows
245 x 12 x 2 (Pronated)
245 x 12 x 2 (Supinated)
265 x 5 x 2 (Pronated)
265 x 5 x 2 (Supinated)

Landmine T-Bar Rows
200 x 10 x 8

Kneeling Single-Arm Iliac Pulldowns
60 x 12 x 2
70 x 10 x 3

Overhead Cable Front Raise
35 x 10 x 3
45 x 6 x 2

Incline Rear Delt Dumbbell Swings
25 x 20 x 3

Seated Dumbbell Reverse Flyes
30 x 8 x 4

I'll flip a coin on the ab wheel shit.

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:47 pm

(12.8.2022 -- Morning)
Overhead Press
155 x 10
175 x 6 x 3
185 x 4 x 3
195 x 1*
155 x 6 x 2

*Failed second rep.

(Evening)
Yazmin Press
185 x 7 x 4
195 x 5 x 4

Cable Hip Adduction
35 x 12 x 5

(Night)
Rope Pushdowns
75 x 12 x 4
80 x 8 x 2

Barbell Hang Shrugs
255 x 20 x 2
315 x 15 x 3

Overhead RTEs
85 x 10 x 4
80 x 12 x 2

Zottman Curls
25 x 10 x 4

Kneeling Face Pulls
60 x 10 x 4

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:36 pm

(12.9.2022)
Low-Bar Squat
135 x 10
225 x 10
275 x 7
315 x 4
335 x 2
345 x 1 x 3
355 x 1 x 2
365 x 1 x 2
315 x 3 x 6
275 x 5
225 x 5

Standing Cable Leg Extensions
50 x 12 x 5

Weighted Sissy Squats
25 x 12 x 2
35 x 8 x 2

Lying Cable Knee Raise
85 x 10 x 4
60 x 12 x 2

• Grateful for the opportunity (and the willingness) to play with singles tonight. Not expecting any upward trends anytime soon, but I'd like to regain some of the neurological familiarity with loads over 90 percent. As expected, there was wobbling, but it got done.

• Hadn't done dedicated hip flexor work in so long that I could barely lift my legs to change clothes after finishing up for the night. Did the last two sets of knee raises in a loose, drop set fashion (no weight change for the final set; just counted breaths, sorta).

• Very little rain the forecast tomorrow, so I expect to get some conventional pulls done, and maybe some yardwork too. Not expecting much with the pulls; tempted to try that short rest scheme that @MarkKO mentioned awhile back, but we'll see.

• Pretty sure I've floated this hypothesis before, but I'm wondering if the adductors are playing a larger role in the pelvic instability shit than I initially thought -- moreso than "weak" glutes or hip flexors. I'm no expert, so it's always hard to determine if the chicken came before the egg and whatnot, but I suspect both sets of adductors need a lot more varied work -- one moreso than the other. Still not sure how I'll attack the issue over the long term (I'm thinking along the lines of eccentrics), but I'm gonna grab some furniture sliders if I can remember; wanna try something out.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:08 pm

Renascent wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:36 pm (12.9.2022)
Low-Bar Squat
135 x 10
225 x 10
275 x 7
315 x 4
335 x 2
345 x 1 x 3
355 x 1 x 2
365 x 1 x 2
315 x 3 x 6
275 x 5
225 x 5

Standing Cable Leg Extensions
50 x 12 x 5

Weighted Sissy Squats
25 x 12 x 2
35 x 8 x 2

Lying Cable Knee Raise
85 x 10 x 4
60 x 12 x 2

• Grateful for the opportunity (and the willingness) to play with singles tonight. Not expecting any upward trends anytime soon, but I'd like to regain some of the neurological familiarity with loads over 90 percent. As expected, there was wobbling, but it got done.

• Hadn't done dedicated hip flexor work in so long that I could barely lift my legs to change clothes after finishing up for the night. Did the last two sets of knee raises in a loose, drop set fashion (no weight change for the final set; just counted breaths, sorta).

• Very little rain the forecast tomorrow, so I expect to get some conventional pulls done, and maybe some yardwork too. Not expecting much with the pulls; tempted to try that short rest scheme that @MarkKO mentioned awhile back, but we'll see.

• Pretty sure I've floated this hypothesis before, but I'm wondering if the adductors are playing a larger role in the pelvic instability shit than I initially thought -- moreso than "weak" glutes or hip flexors. I'm no expert, so it's always hard to determine if the chicken came before the egg and whatnot, but I suspect both sets of adductors need a lot more varied work -- one moreso than the other. Still not sure how I'll attack the issue over the long term (I'm thinking along the lines of eccentrics), but I'm gonna grab some furniture sliders if I can remember; wanna try something out.
I really hope you give in to temptation

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:46 pm

(12.10.2022)
Deadlift
225 x 8
315 x 8
405 x 6
445 x 4
465 x 2
485 x 1
405 x 3 x 2

Romanian Deadlifts
315 x 7 x 3
275 x 7 x 3

Seated Reverse Calf Raises
60 x 35 x 8

(Night)
Seated Cable Leg Curls
50 x 12 x 6
55 x 9 x 2

Cable Pull-Aparts
30 x 10 x 4

Got dizzy as fuck after the RDLs. Hoping I don't wake up tomorrow feeling worse than I did today. I'd really like to keep the momentum going, even if I have to decrease the intensity in the meantime.

Stopped to eat before the leg curls, and waves of chills kinda flared up out of nowhere, while sweating my ass off. Fun.

Finished everything except calves, and took the little test thingie.

This some straight bullshit.

I see two red lines, so I took a picture to email the bosses and HR on Monday. Not sure if we still have a protocol in place to ease the spread, or if I should, uh, come in to fellowship for Christmas.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:22 pm

Renascent wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:46 pm (12.10.2022)
Deadlift
225 x 8
315 x 8
405 x 6
445 x 4
465 x 2
485 x 1
405 x 3 x 2

Romanian Deadlifts
315 x 7 x 3
275 x 7 x 3

Seated Reverse Calf Raises
60 x 35 x 8

(Night)
Seated Cable Leg Curls
50 x 12 x 6
55 x 9 x 2

Cable Pull-Aparts
30 x 10 x 4

Got dizzy as fuck after the RDLs. Hoping I don't wake up tomorrow feeling worse than I did today. I'd really like to keep the momentum going, even if I have to decrease the intensity in the meantime.

Stopped to eat before the leg curls, and waves of chills kinda flared up out of nowhere, while sweating my ass off. Fun.

Finished everything except calves, and took the little test thingie.

This some straight bullshit.

I see two red lines, so I took a picture to email the bosses and HR on Monday. Not sure if we still have a protocol in place to ease the spread, or if I should, uh, come in to fellowship for Christmas.
Nice pulling man! I think you should definitely go in and, uh, fellowship. Share the wealth, it is better to give than to reveive after all.

DCR

Post by DCR » Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:36 pm

Renascent wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:46 pm This some straight bullshit.

I was supposed to fly down to the boot Monday to spend a month, but my girl has the shit too so put a pause on that. She (believes that she) got it from her social worker cohort, all of whom have it. Seems to be going around down there. Up here, everyone has the flu (see: me, now going on two weeks between the real shit and the lingering shit) or - perhaps more frighteningly - some undefined awful stuff. Lot of folks testing negative for covid and the flu, doctors essentially telling them there’s just a lot of bad things floating around, head on a swivel.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:16 pm

DCR wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:36 pm

I was supposed to fly down to the boot Monday to spend a month, but my girl has the shit too so put a pause on that. She (believes that she) got it from her social worker cohort, all of whom have it. Seems to be going around down there. Up here, everyone has the flu (see: me, now going on two weeks between the real shit and the lingering shit) or - perhaps more frighteningly - some undefined awful stuff. Lot of folks testing negative for covid and the flu, doctors essentially telling them there’s just a lot of bad things floating around, head on a swivel.
Wait, your other half is a social worker? Mine too.

Unlucky with the plague. When I had it I got dizzy too which I normally don't with other bugs.

DCR

Post by DCR » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:50 am

MarkKO wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:16 pm

Yup, she works in a prison in Louisiana. I’m a lawyer from New York. Friend introduced us. Given the distance, I thought it was the dumbest idea I’d ever heard. Then we met… and now I spend a little more than half my time down there. Life comes at you fast lol.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:36 am

DCR wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:50 am
MarkKO wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:16 pm

Yup, she works in a prison in Louisiana. I’m a lawyer from New York. Friend introduced us. Given the distance, I thought it was the dumbest idea I’d ever heard. Then we met… and now I spend a little more than half my time down there. Life comes at you fast lol.
The trick is to roll with it long enough to figure out if it's good or bad.

Mine works for the Territory child protection department. No flying across the country for either of us, luckily.

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:00 am

Hardartery wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:22 pmNice pulling man! I think you should definitely go in and, uh, fellowship. Share the wealth, it is better to give than to reveive after all.
Thanks. I tried to focus on keeping my arms straight, per your observations the last time. I think I need to switch out the little MDF scraps I stand on; they're making me pitch forward because of a slant, so starting with shoulders too far forward of the bar might've creating some slack in my arms that I wasn't noting before the pull.

I emailed a picture of the at-home test to my bosses and HR; got a text this morning saying to work from home until further notice. So, that's kind of a win, though I feel like shit.

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:05 am

DCR wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:36 pmI was supposed to fly down to the boot Monday to spend a month, but my girl has the shit too so put a pause on that. She (believes that she) got it from her social worker cohort, all of whom have it. Seems to be going around down there. Up here, everyone has the flu (see: me, now going on two weeks between the real shit and the lingering shit) or - perhaps more frighteningly - some undefined awful stuff. Lot of folks testing negative for covid and the flu, doctors essentially telling them there’s just a lot of bad things floating around, head on a swivel.
I was hoping it was "just a flu," though I guess it makes no difference, since I'm sick either way. Lots of funky shit going around at work last week.

Wasn't too concerned till the chills set it. Spent all night sweating under a blanket, and freezing without it. Head feels like I stayed up all night with a bottle of tequila.

I just gotta manage to keep eating. The last time I probably had C19 -- back in November of 2019 -- I spent a week in bed and lost ten pounds. That shit made me mad.

If this damn fever breaks, I'm gonna lift. Ain't counting on it happening today, though.

broseph
High Fiber

Post by broseph » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:14 am

Renascent wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:05 am Wasn't too concerned till the chills set it. Spent all night sweating under a blanket, and freezing without it. Head feels like I stayed up all night with a bottle of tequila.

I just gotta manage to keep eating. The last time I probably had C19 -- back in November of 2019 -- I spent a week in bed and lost ten pounds. That shit made me mad.

If this damn fever breaks, I'm gonna lift. Ain't counting on it happening today, though.
Yikes. Thoughts and prayers headed your way that it's not as bad this time around.

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:32 pm

broseph wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:14 am
Renascent wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:05 am Wasn't too concerned till the chills set it. Spent all night sweating under a blanket, and freezing without it. Head feels like I stayed up all night with a bottle of tequila.

Yikes. Thoughts and prayers headed your way that it's not as bad this time around.
Thanks.

Decided against benching today, though I probably could've gotten something respectable done with enough medicine.

Running outta TV Tropes articles to read, so I hope the worst of this is over real soon.

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:39 pm

(12.14.2022)
Bench Press
135 x 11
225 x 11
255 x 8
285 x 4
315 x 2 x 2
320 x 2 x 2 (PR)*
325 x 1 x 2
285 x 3 x 5
225 x 5 x 3

*First set looked passable. Second one was a little ugly.

Barbell Hang Rows
245 x 12 x 2 (Pronated)
245 x 12 x 2 (Supinated)
265 x 6 x 2 (Pronated)
265 x 6 x 2 (Supinated)

Straight-Arm Pulldowns
95 x 10 x 6

Kneeling Single-Arm Iliac Pulldowns
60 x 12 x 4

Cable Pull-Aparts
35 x 10 x 4

Dumbbell Pullovers