Stupidest piece of equipment you've ever seen

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

5hout

Re: Stupidest piece of equipment you've ever seen

Post by 5hout » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:17 am

This may have won the thread.

broseph
High Fiber

Post by broseph » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:18 pm

mbasic wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:41 am My gym acquired one of these.
I'm sure rip seeing this would have rip eye twitches / facial spasms in disgust.

I like the music, its a like a mix of Terminator 2, and something from BladeRunner2 (sea wall scene?)
The music is pretty sweet.

But I always thought adding extra resistance to quick skilled movements just trained you to slow them down. True?

augeleven

Post by augeleven » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:25 pm

mbasic wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:41 am My gym acquired one of these.
I'm sure rip seeing this would have rip eye twitches / facial spasms in disgust.

I like the music, its a like a mix of Terminator 2, and something from BladeRunner2 (sea wall scene?)

Vangelis >>>>>>>>>>>> Hans Zimmer

Thank you for coming to my film score Ted Talk

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:30 am

broseph wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:18 pm But I always thought adding extra resistance to quick skilled movements just trained you to slow them down. True?
yes and no.

Practicing a football throw with a standard dumbbell at slow speeds? yes, retarded.

From what I understand, young pitchers will sometimes throw weighted baseballs, OR sometimes lighter ones, to develop arms speed.

Elite printers use weighted sleds from time to time....but this practice goes away closer to the competitive season/peaking.

Olympic lifters will do slower pulls to improve faster pulls.

Either way, that machine is gay, and probably costs as much as 3 or 4 standard powercage-oly-platforms ....which, they have promised to get.
In a corner of the gym, they have a little kiosk or posterboard display, of all these cage-platforms "coming soon!!!"....
...its been months and month now to no avail. And then this recycled-car-assembly-line-robot-thing shows up!