Saturday 5/27/23
DL - Conventional
135 x 5 - DOH
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3
495 x 2 x 2 sets - mixed grip
545 x 5 - straps

Squeezing this in right before bed. I doubt that I will have time tomorrow for much if anything, had to go deal with another ex-pats plumbing issues this morning. He's in the US right now, so just lucky to know there was an issue before it was destructive. There is a community of sorts among ex-pats, gotta have your own gang to rely on in foreign lands sometimes. Anyway, the lifts all felt real light and snappy. I have to be cautious because this is happening inside the neighbouring apartment at the moment so I am being gently so as not to crack any tiles on the floor. Supposedly I can move back out onto the concrete soon, as soon as Latin work speed permits anyway so maybe not that soon. I have been trying to do virtually everything at the gym instead of at home because of this.

I am getting quite annoyed with the general situation and we have started looking around to move. We need a little more space, a lot less landlord activity, and more privacy/separation to avoid things that trigger my wife's allergies. Also eyeballing places in France, which is dangerous. We are apparently going to Italy in October, we have friends from Tuscany that will be at home in Tuscany for the month and they invited us to come visit. I don't understand my own life sometimes.

MarkKO

Re: Hardartery - Recreational Outrage

Post by MarkKO » Sat May 27, 2023 11:21 pm

Hardartery wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:58 pm Saturday 5/27/23
DL - Conventional
135 x 5 - DOH
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3
495 x 2 x 2 sets - mixed grip
545 x 5 - straps

Squeezing this in right before bed. I doubt that I will have time tomorrow for much if anything, had to go deal with another ex-pats plumbing issues this morning. He's in the US right now, so just lucky to know there was an issue before it was destructive. There is a community of sorts among ex-pats, gotta have your own gang to rely on in foreign lands sometimes. Anyway, the lifts all felt real light and snappy. I have to be cautious because this is happening inside the neighbouring apartment at the moment so I am being gently so as not to crack any tiles on the floor. Supposedly I can move back out onto the concrete soon, as soon as Latin work speed permits anyway so maybe not that soon. I have been trying to do virtually everything at the gym instead of at home because of this.

I am getting quite annoyed with the general situation and we have started looking around to move. We need a little more space, a lot less landlord activity, and more privacy/separation to avoid things that trigger my wife's allergies. Also eyeballing places in France, which is dangerous. We are apparently going to Italy in October, we have friends from Tuscany that will be at home in Tuscany for the month and they invited us to come visit. I don't understand my own life sometimes.
Tuscany > France IME. Tuscany is fucking DOPE.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sun May 28, 2023 12:06 pm

MarkKO wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:21 pm
Hardartery wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:58 pm
We have been to Italy once, and France once. I will admit that I really liked Florence and the area and I got to drive through Tuscany in a brand new Alfa Romeo Giulietta which was pretty excellent. I really hated Rome, and unfortunately that was where we spent the last few days and flew out from. It kind of ruined the tip in a way, I was having a pretty great time until Rome. Did I mention that I REALLY hate Rome? Paris was okay, it was a magical kingdom of fantasy compared to Rome, but not a reason to go to France IMO. The art in Florence is better, and so is the architecture. France outside of Paris was pretty excellent, and I especially loved the area towards Switzerland on the East side below Dijon. I could easily live there happily I felt like, and it is weird because that is where a large part of my father's family on both sides is from. Like literally right there, there is a mountain with my last name on it and a graveyard full of dead relatives. Of all of the countries that we have been to France is the first one where the wife and I both left feeling like it was a foregone conclusion that we end up there eventually. We are going to check out northern Italy this time and Tuscany again, I feel like we at least need to visit Venice and Milan, but also if I have a base in France it is pretty easy to travel anywhere EU from there. Dunno, I might be won over by Italy yet.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Sun May 28, 2023 5:51 pm

Hardartery wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:06 pm
MarkKO wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:21 pm
Hardartery wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:58 pm
We have been to Italy once, and France once. I will admit that I really liked Florence and the area and I got to drive through Tuscany in a brand new Alfa Romeo Giulietta which was pretty excellent. I really hated Rome, and unfortunately that was where we spent the last few days and flew out from. It kind of ruined the tip in a way, I was having a pretty great time until Rome. Did I mention that I REALLY hate Rome? Paris was okay, it was a magical kingdom of fantasy compared to Rome, but not a reason to go to France IMO. The art in Florence is better, and so is the architecture. France outside of Paris was pretty excellent, and I especially loved the area towards Switzerland on the East side below Dijon. I could easily live there happily I felt like, and it is weird because that is where a large part of my father's family on both sides is from. Like literally right there, there is a mountain with my last name on it and a graveyard full of dead relatives. Of all of the countries that we have been to France is the first one where the wife and I both left feeling like it was a foregone conclusion that we end up there eventually. We are going to check out northern Italy this time and Tuscany again, I feel like we at least need to visit Venice and Milan, but also if I have a base in France it is pretty easy to travel anywhere EU from there. Dunno, I might be won over by Italy yet.
That's the beauty of Europe. Everything is so close.

I've never been to any of the Italian cities other than Rome. I liked Rome very much, but I haven't been to Paris so I can't compare.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Tue May 30, 2023 1:45 pm

Tuesday 5/30/23
Squats
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3
475 x 2
475 x 1 x 2 sets
405 x 3

GM
315 x 5 x 2 sets

Leg Extensions
165 x 10
210 x 7 x 2 sets

Leg extensions started with what was on it, 3 plates and a 35, and then I added a plate. Other than that, the only difference last session to this was an extra top set. I wasn't confident about blowing up 2 reps on the second set and I am avoiding grinding right now. Plus side, everything was rock bottom and no issues but it felt better last time. The left hip was being fussy a little bit.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:08 pm

Thursday 6/1/23
Incline Bench
135 x 7
225 x 5
295 x 3
295 x 2 x 2 sets
245 x 5

Lateral Raises
85 x 5 x 4 sets

French Press - cable stack - rope handle
stack x 12, 9, 7, 7

Lateral partials? - DB's only move between just below parallel to the floor to a couple inches above parallel up and down in that partial range
30 x 5 x 3 sets

The last thing, that I have no name for, makes my forearms hurt like a bastard. Seriously, the movement isn't that bad but the forearms almost kept me from even getting the DB's up there never mind holding them for the duration. They are pulsing and bitching right now. Other than that it was easy peasy today, didn't feel like I really pushed anything too hard otherwise. The rope handle is definitely a lot harder than the fixed V handle though, so there's that.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:41 pm

Tuesday 6/6/23
Squawts
135 x 3
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3
475 x 2
485 x 1 x 2 sets
405 x 3

GM
315 x 5 x 2 sets

Leg Extensions
5 plates x 7 x 3 sets

Knees still hurt during warmups, that damn Leg Press.... I think I could get over car crash damage faster than what a single session on the Leg Press does to my knees. At least the reps looked good on the squats. Moving on Monday, thank God. Rented a place with some space and some privacy. It'll be more money than what I pay now but a million times better.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:22 pm

Awesome news.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:19 pm

MarkKO wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:22 pmAwesome news.
I am stoked about moving. Being able to be at peace in your home is pretty important for a lot of things.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:27 pm

Wednesday 6/7/23

Incline Bench
135 x 5
225 x 5
295 x 3 x 3 sets
225 x 5

Laterals
85 x 6 x 4 sets

French Press - cable stack - rope
stack x 13, 10, 7, 5

Curls - cable stack - rope
stack x 10 x 3 sets
** cable broke during the fourth set, I have no idea how many reps I actually got. I lost count from the shock of the cable popping.

Short ROM Laterals - the just above and below parallel thingies
30 x 6 x 3 sets

Thankfully I was pulling up with a knuckles facing each other grip when the cable broke so I didn't go off balance or nut myself. It popped somewhere inside and both halves of the machine were totally disabled. Hopefully they can fix it easily. Gym kid was there today, covered in glitter and mocking all of the gym chicas. Little kids are hilarious when you aren't the parent.

I should note, the French Press was short rest stuff, all of the sets took less than the length of a Latin dance song. I am not sure how long that is exactly, but whatever length they make those songs for the clubs was it.

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:15 pm

Hardartery wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:27 pm** cable broke during the fourth set, I have no idea how many reps I actually got. I lost count from the shock of the cable popping.
Well shit.

We might need to burn some sage.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:44 am

Hardartery wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:19 pm
I am stoked about moving. Being able to be at peace in your home is pretty important for a lot of things.
Kind of more than pretty important IMO

Also, isn't that the second cable you've broken recently?

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:47 am

MarkKO wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:44 am
Hardartery wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:19 pm
Kind of more than pretty important IMO

Also, isn't that the second cable you've broken recently?
It's the second at this gym, the other one was a little while ago. But, in my defense, the other time it was a not so great repair of a previous break unrelated to me letting go.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:12 am

Update on nothing. We moved from one base to another Last Monday and Tuesday. This was following a large event over the previous three days that involved me being up at 5 AM every day and being gone until probably 6 PM. I was sick by Monday, and I have since tested positive for Covid. Still sick. Not serious, it feels like a sinus infection with mild lung issues. Basically I'm lightheaded and easily winded, and blowing my nose this morning gave me a nosebleed. So, I have shelved everything to recover, which is fine because I needed a de-load anyway for my knees I think. The new house is fantastic. I have A/C in the bedrooms and it is much less hot than the other apartment in general. I have trees around and hot water in the shower instead of an electric shower head. I am on no diet but have dropped weight. Hopefully I'm fine and back at it by midweek.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:38 pm

Hopefully you shake it quickly. Everything else sounds positive at least.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:48 pm

Friday 6/23/23
Finally got a negative Covid test yesterday so I was free to roam today.

Incline Bench
135 x 5
225 x 5
295 x 4, 3
305 x 2
295 x 2
225 x 8

Lateral Raises - DB
85 x 6 x 4 sets

French Press - cable stack, rope handle
stack x 10 x 2 sets
stack x 6, 4

Partial Laterals - from 2" below parallel to 2" above - DB
25 x 8 x 3 sets

Felt worn down, the sets weren't what they could have been, still not running on a full tank. All in all, not bad for a comeback workout but I didn't feel 100%. My session was decided by the fact that someone was in the Squat rack when I got there, so next session is Squats.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:27 pm

Tuesday 6/27/23

Squats
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 3
475 x 2
485 x 1
475 x 2

Good Mornings
315 x 3
365 x 2
315 x 5

Zero hip pain. Knees were only mildly annoyed on a couple of ramp up reps. It also felt better across the board, I definitely had 1 RIR going by feels on everything - at least. I would normally do more but I was trying to limit the gym time today and not let it turn into 2 hours of pounding myself. The Good Mornings are always problematic, my arms and hands go numb by 5 reps if not before and I don't necessarily trust that I won't let go because of the lack of sensation. I tried putting my hands all the way out against the collars but it honestly didn't make much difference. These would be a lot better with a SSB. 365 did feel heavy, but I had more reps than that. I will try and bump the reps across the board on GM's next time.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:54 pm

You could always get the Spud Inc SSB strap. It isn't at all bad, maybe next time you're stateside?

Skid

Post by Skid » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:13 pm

Nice Squats!

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:13 am

MarkKO wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:54 pm You could always get the Spud Inc SSB strap. It isn't at all bad, maybe next time you're stateside?
I have considered that. I drive to the gym now since the move, so extra gear isn't an issue. If I were to decide to get residency for here I would import some stuff, they give you a one shot no duty import thing with residency, but I am inclined to believe this whole place goes into the toilet sooner rather than later honestly. In which case the likelihood is that I lose everything here, so I am wary to accumulate too much. I certainly don't want to have things I can't afford to lose here. Such is third world living.