Veni, vidi, levavi, BenM Blathers

A place to track your progress, or lack thereof

Moderator: Chebass88

slowmotion

Re: Veni, vidi, levavi, BenM Blathers

Post by slowmotion » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:09 am

Deadlifts for eights really is absolutely not fun! But you're doing them anyway. Nice work!

BenM

Post by BenM » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:37 am

slowmotion wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:09 am Deadlifts for eights really is absolutely not fun! But you're doing them anyway. Nice work!
Thanks. I remember when I was with Data Driven Strength I think Josh programmed deadlift for sets of ten at one point. I was... displeased.

In all seriousness though my conditioning is crap. If I don't do cardio I need to do high rep work at least some of the time especially now when I'm going to get a little more portly....

BenM

Saturday

Post by BenM » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:37 am

Sat 26/08/23: Bulk Break D20

AM BW: 89.3kg

Background Noise: Evanescence - Synthesis

Comp Bench:
10x20kg
10x20kg
8x70kg
1x95kg
1x110kg
6x90kg
6x90kg
6x90kg
2 minute rests

Low Incline Pause Dumbbell Bench:
10x60lb / hand
10x60lb / hand
10x60lb / hand @ 6
2 minute rests

Incline Triceps Extension w/EZ Curl Bar:
12x37.5kg
12x37.5kg
12x37.5kg @ 7
2 minute rests

Upright Row w/EZ Curl Bar:
12x37.5kg
12x37.5kg
12x37.5kg @ 7.5
2 minute rests

Footage:

Nutrition/Health/Life Stuff:
  • Had a very lazy day, mostly sitting on the couch with my eyes closed, and still procrastinated for a while before lifting at 2:15pm. Given I've trained 7 out of the last 8 days I probably should take a rest day or two. This is effectively the end of a block anyway, slightly new programming starts next session.
Training Notes:
  • I wanted to hit a heavier bench single today before sticking with the same weight as last week for the work sets. The bad news is that this weight felt really really heavy, the good news is that my shoulder felt really decent through that rep and afterwards. The work sets felt a lot better than last week too - but it's still blatantly obvious on the video how much weaker my right side has become over the last ten months or whatever it's been. Decided to throw some single arm dumbbell bench into one of the accessory slots next block and see if that helps it catch up.
  • Added a scooch of weight to the incline bench, tens felt easy enough that I did three sets today without too much stress.
  • Triceps work didn't feel too bad aside from the usual minor elbow niggles. It was hard enough by the end that I didn't push past twelve, and went on to the upright rows which were also quite hard by the end, but at least didn't feel painful.
  • All done in 42 minutes today. Basically walked away feeling like the pain/discomfort in my shoulder is very minimal right now, but it's just weak. Hopefully a hypertrophy focussed block for the next 8 weeks or so will get things close to normal again.

BenM

Sunday

Post by BenM » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:20 pm

Sun 27/08/23: Spring Swole D1

AM BW: 89.5kg

Background Noise: Alternative Fuel (Youtube Music playlist)

SSB Box Squat:
8x17kg
8x17kg
8x77kg
6x102kg
6x102kg
6x102kg
8x102kg
2.5 minute rests

RDL to Floor:
8x130kg
8x130kg
8x130kg @ 6ish
2 minute rests

Reverse Lunge:
12x30lb / hand
12x30lb / hand
12x30lb / hand @ 7
2.5 minute rests

Single Arm Dumbbell Bench Press:
12x42.5lb
12x42.5lb
15x42.5lb
2 minute rests

Dumbbell Seal Row:
12x55lb / hand
12x55lb / hand
15x55lb / hand @ 8
2 minute rests

Footage:

• Late night last night, but ok sleep, did absolutely nothing this morning and basically trained out of sheer boredom. Considered a bit of a muck around freestyle session but figured screw it, just start the new block. That's 8 out of the last 9 days in the gym now, but doubt I'll be able to find time for it tomorrow what with going back to work and other stuff.
Training Notes:
  • Squats felt exceedingly heavy but they weren't terrible once I got going. Feel like this is getting close to the most my hip will tolerate without getting angry but we'll see.
  • RDLs weren't too bad, last set might've been @ 6ish, wasn't pushed too hard.
  • Struggled with the first set of reverse lunges though, got a bit of a groove going in the second, and was pretty smoked by the end of the third, with a tight lower back.
  • Threw in these single arm bench presses to try them out, deliberately very very light. Had annoying hip cramps in the side holding the weight which meant I kinda had to brace unilaterally as well, and I think that pumped my back even more. Other than that I didn't mind them, although this isn't really the slot I had planned for them.
  • Finished with some rows, and the first couple of sets were easy enough that I felt up for pushing the third a little harder.
  • Reasonably good session, 64 minutes.

BenM

Tuesday

Post by BenM » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:23 pm

Tue 29/08/23: Spring Swole D2

AM BW: 91.1kg

Background Noise: TISM - Best Off

Medium Grip Pause Bench:
10x20kg
10x20kg
8x70kg
8x92.5kg @ 7.5
8x85kg
8x85kg
8x85kg @ 7.5
2 minute rests

Pause Lat Pulldown:
10x55kg
10x55kg
10x55kg
12x50kg @ 8
2 minute rests

Dumbbell Triceps Kickback:
12x27.5lb / hand
12x27.5lb / hand
12x27.5lb / hand
--- Supersetted with ---
EZ Bar Curl:
8x32.5kg @ 8.5
5x27.5kg
8x27.5kg
2 minutes between supersts

Bonus EZ Bar Curls:
8x27.5kg
10x27.5kg @ 9
2 minutes rest

Footage:

• Slept OK I guess, but was tired after F1 Sunday night and being back at work yesterday so the 4:40am alarm was a rude awakening. Bloated and heavy this morning. Got some coffee into me and did it though.
Training Notes:
  • Wasn't really feeling up for pushing eights hard today, but I decided to have a crack at 92.5kg and bail early if I had to. Whaddya know, got eight more easily than last week, and the back off sets all felt pretty fast too. Right side still clearly lagging behind a little, but not egregiously so.
  • Had a headache after the benching and just felt like doing some easy work, so the lat pulldowns went to tens today. I did do a fourth set though and let that one get pretty challenging.
  • Did some nice easy triceps kickbacks and some EZ bar curls, started heavy and then went lighter, completely noped out of that second set of curls though - for some reason decided five was all I wanted to do. Did a couple of extra sets after the supersets to get some volume in.
  • Still only 43 minutes, pretty decent morning.

BenM

Thursday

Post by BenM » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:30 pm

Thu 31/08/23: Spring Swole D3

AM BW: 90.6kg

Background Noise: Evanescence - Fallen

Deadlift:
6x120kg
6x120kg
5x150kg
3x180kg
3x200kg
8x175kg
8x175kg @ 8
3 minute rests

Belt Squat:
10x70kg
10x115kg
10x115kg
10x115kg
12x115kg
2 minute rests

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press:
12x50lb / hand
12x50lb / hand
12x50lb / hand
12x50lb / hand @ 7.5
2 minute rests

Cable Crunch:
12x40kg
12x40kg
12x40kg
15x40kg @ 8
2 minute rests

Footage:

• I'd sorta hoped to knock this training session over yesterday afternoon but life (OK, work) got in the way. But despite not getting to bed on time last night I still managed to get up before the alarm went off and was actually deadlifting before 5am. So that was alright.
  • Today's music choice was kinda deliberate - I saw Evanescence live at Festival Hall in Melbourne in (I believe) January 2004, with a friend who I hadn't spoken to in years - until last night, because he was going to their show at Rod Laver Arena and messaged me out of the blue to say 'hey, remember when we went to see Evanescence? I'm going to see them tonight' and sent me some videos from the show. Ahhh the memories of when I was... not an old fart.
Training Notes:
  • Did some deadlifts, much as I hate 'em. Actually I really wanted 4 plus reps from the top set but wasn't happy with my lower back losing extension a bit on the third rep so called it there. I'm sure there's five in me if I actually try. Added 5kg to last week's eights and got 'em done, equalled a pretty old PR - the first set actually felt pretty easy for about three seconds after I put the bar down, then I realised how out of breath I was. The second was a fair bit harder, even three minutes wasn't really enough to catch my breath completely.
  • Belt squat again at the same weight as last week, my hip was still getting irritated, but the third set felt easy enough that I did one more and pushed a little harder.
  • Amazing what a difference 5lb makes although in the case of this benching it is circa ten percent increase over last week - the first set felt really stiff, but the subsequent sets weren't too bad. Bit difficult by the end.
  • Just some lazy cable crunches to finish - didn't really push these super hard, although I had a little go at the end and got a bit of an ab burn.
  • 59 minutes all up. Decent.

Clearwater47

Post by Clearwater47 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:49 am

Solid session! You definitely have 1 or 2 deadlift reps in you.

Did you buy that Belt Squat, or create it yourself?

Hardartery

Re: Thursday

Post by Hardartery » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:19 pm

BenM wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:30 pm Thu 31/08/23: Spring Swole D3

Background Noise: Evanescence - Fallen

Deadlift:
6x120kg
6x120kg
5x150kg
3x180kg
3x200kg
8x175kg
8x175kg @ 8
3 minute rests

Training Notes:
  • Did some deadlifts, much as I hate 'em. Actually I really wanted 4 plus reps from the top set but wasn't happy with my lower back losing extension a bit on the third rep so called it there. I'm sure there's five in me if I actually try. Added 5kg to last week's eights and got 'em done, equalled a pretty old PR - the first set actually felt pretty easy for about three seconds after I put the bar down, then I realised how out of breath I was. The second was a fair bit harder, even three minutes wasn't really enough to catch my breath completely.
If you dropped your hips a little you could get your shoulders over the bar and have less mid-back rounding. Not saying you have to, but you are essentially doing Stiff Legged DL, not DL. Your legs are almost entirely uninvolved in the lift, they certainly aren't helping you off the floor. Try "Rolling" your hips forward at the bottom, like soeone setting up for a Clean but not that low. You have at least 50 lbs sitting there waiting to be collected on that lift while becoming something you hate less. Just my opinion.

BenM

Post by BenM » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:58 am

Clearwater47 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:49 am Solid session! You definitely have 1 or 2 deadlift reps in you.

Did you buy that Belt Squat, or create it yourself?
I got it built by a guy in South Australia a few years ago, think he started up during COVID. It wasn't cheap but it's a handy (and bulletproof) bit of gear.
Hardartery wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:19 pm If you dropped your hips a little you could get your shoulders over the bar and have less mid-back rounding. Not saying you have to, but you are essentially doing Stiff Legged DL, not DL. Your legs are almost entirely uninvolved in the lift, they certainly aren't helping you off the floor. Try "Rolling" your hips forward at the bottom, like soeone setting up for a Clean but not that low. You have at least 50 lbs sitting there waiting to be collected on that lift while becoming something you hate less. Just my opinion.
If I drop my hips they just shoot up at the start of the lift anyway.

BenM

Saturday

Post by BenM » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:58 am

Sat 02/09/23: Spring Swole D4

AM BW: 90.8kg

Background Noise: Megadeth - Greatest Hits: Back to the Start

Comp Bench:
10x20kg
10x20kg
8x70kg
2x97.5kg
1x112.5kg
1x112.5kg
6x92.5kg
6x92.5kg
6x92.5kg
2 minute rests

10x60lb / hand
10x60lb / hand
12x60lb / hand @ 7.5
2 minute rests

Incline Triceps Extension (EZ Curl Bar):
12x37.5kg
12x37.5kg
15x37.5kg @ 8
2 minute rests

Upright Row (EZ Curl Bar):
10x40kg
10x40kg
10x40kg @ 8
2 minute rests

Dumbbell Seal Row:
12x60lb / hand
12x60lb / hand
12x60lb / hand
2 minute rests

Footage:

• Chores this morning, mid afternoon lifting. Not a lot to say except I'm already just feeling generally tired after a week back at work. Sigh.
  • Tried a new energy drink today, Kamikaze Energy in Rainbow Gummy. It was pretty bloody good but I can't see myself paying close to six bucks a can for them regularly.
Training Notes:
  • Did two heavy bench singles today. Shoulder probably didn't feel as good as last week but it was still completely tolerable. Work sets were reasonably straightforward, even considered squeezing out a couple of extra reps at the end - the strength was there, but not sure I had the oxygen.
  • Went with the same weight as last week for the dumbbell bench but did get a couple of extra reps at the end here. Same with the triceps extensions, pushed quite hard.
  • A little more weight for the upright rows, but dropped back to tens, shoulder was starting to feel it at the end.
  • Felt like doing some actual back work so threw in a few sets of rows that weren't on the program to finish.
  • Got it all done in 53 minutes. Not terrible.

DanCR

Post by DanCR » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:26 am

BenM wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:58 am
Hardartery wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:19 pm If you dropped your hips a little you could get your shoulders over the bar and have less mid-back rounding. Not saying you have to, but you are essentially doing Stiff Legged DL, not DL. Your legs are almost entirely uninvolved in the lift, they certainly aren't helping you off the floor. Try "Rolling" your hips forward at the bottom, like soeone setting up for a Clean but not that low. You have at least 50 lbs sitting there waiting to be collected on that lift while becoming something you hate less. Just my opinion.
I dislike chiming in on a movement when dude (you) is lifting more on it than I ever did, buuuuuuut I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss @Hardartery’s suggestion. Although you’ve taken it to the next level, I also was a high hips guy for the same reason. I fixed the issue with two things - (1) not just dropping my hips a bit, but actively rolling them forward under me as he suggests, and (2) heavy front squats. I think it’s true that you have some gainz there for the taking.

Your music selections are excellent.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:50 pm

DCR wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:26 am
BenM wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:58 am
I dislike chiming in on a movement when dude (you) is lifting more on it than I ever did, buuuuuuut I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss Hardartery’s suggestion. Although you’ve taken it to the next level, I also was a high hips guy for the same reason. I fixed the issue with two things - (1) not just dropping my hips a bit, but actively rolling them forward under me as he suggests, and (2) heavy front squats. I think it’s true that you have some gainz there for the taking.

Your music selections are excellent.
This is good advice, as is the original.

Getting good leg drive makes a world of difference.

BenM

Post by BenM » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:57 pm

Yeah, OK. I know I've dropped my hips before, it just felt like I was squatting the bar up and didn't feel like I gained anything, but not sure I've ever heard the cue to roll my hips forward. Also don't think it would actually help my mid-upper back kyphosis, my back looks a bit like that even when I'm face down on the bench.

I didn't have deadlifts programmed today (just RDLs) but I did do a few quick sets just to play with it. Felt weird but not bad (and I was already tired). Haven't even looked at the video yet, but will get it done a bit later.

BenM

Sunday

Post by BenM » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:49 am

Sun 03/09/23: Spring Swole D5

AM BW: 89.9kg

Background Noise: Slayer - Reign In Blood / Pantera - Cowboys From Hell

SSB Box Squat:
8x17kg
8x17kg
8x67kg
2x107kg
1x127kg
6x102kg
6x102kg
6x102kg
10x102kg
2 minute rests

RDL to Floor:
8x132.5kg
8x132.5kg
8x132.5kg
2 minute rests

Deadlift:
2x180kg
2x180kg
3x180kg
2 minute rests

Lying Leg Extension:
12x65kg
12x65kg
12x65kg
--- Supersetted with ---
Banded Fly w/Purple Band:
30 reps
30 reps
30 reps
2 minute rests between supersets

Barbell Row:
10x80kg
10x80kg
10x80kg @ 8
2 minute rests

Footage:

• Late morning session after a low stress but not completely lazy morning. Happy Father's Day. Sorta not motivated to squat but also felt like putting in a solid effort today, since I probably won't do much for the rest of the day and the chances of training tomorrow are virtually zero. Weight back under 90kg this morning too.
Training Notes:
  • Worked up to a slightly heavier single for the box squats today which moved ok, then did work sets at the same weight as last week. Pushed the last set to ten for RPE puffed.
  • A few sets of RDLs, which weren't that difficult but I think I held my breath for most of the third set and was struggling a bit by the end.
  • Threw in some deadlifts after that to try and roll my hips forward a bit more. They might look subtly different on video to previously, not sure. I do know that the bar was moving OK. I really intended to do at least five reps in that third set but I hadn't taped my thumbs or used chalk and I was struggling to hold onto the bar. Plus I was tired. I'll save it for my actual deadlift day later in the week.
  • Subbed in leg extensions for the reverse lunges that are supposed to go here, and did some flys with them. All pretty easy work.
  • There's supposed to be seal rows after that but I did some yesterday so I just did some barbell rows since the bar was still loaded from deadlifts.
  • Quite a reasonable effort today in 63 minutes.

BenM

Tuesday

Post by BenM » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:54 pm

Tue 05/09/23: Spring Swole D6

AM BW: 91.4kg

Background Noise: Metal Rewind

Medium Grip Pause Bench:
10x20kg
10x20kg
8x70kg
8x95kg @ 8 (PR for eight; +2.5kg)
8x85kg
8x85kg
8x85kg @ 7.5
2 minute rests

Pause Lat Pulldown:
10x57.5kg
10x57.5kg
10x57.5kg @ 8
10x50kg @ 8
2 minute rests

Dumbbell Triceps Kickback:
10x30lb / hand
12x30lb / hand
12x30lb / hand @ 8
2 minute rests

Dumbbell Hammer Curl:
12x30lb / hand
12x30lb / hand
15x30lb / hand @ 9.5
2 minute rests

Dumbbell Walking Lunge:
16x30lb / hand
16x30lb / hand
2 minutes rest

Footage:

• Slept well, was a bit tired this morning but not awfully so. Weight spiked a bunch too, I probably did eat a few more carbs yesterday but not insane amounts, so not sure what's up with that.
Training Notes:
  • Went ahead and added 2.5kg to the bench top set today and got it done, it felt a little bit up and down form wise, but shoulder felt quite good afterwards. The work sets all moved pretty well until right at the end when I was starting to shake a bit.
  • Once again I was feeling a little lazy after the bench work, didn't really want to go too hard and heavy with anything else so I just did some donkey work, basically. The last couple of sets of lat pulldowns were reasonably hard, then I didn't feel like supersetting triceps and biceps either so just did straight sets. Pushed the curls to where I probably wouldn't have got a sixteenth rep with my left arm. Left the same weight on the dumbbells and did a couple of sets of lunges to finish, but my wrists and forearms were starting to get pretty crampy.
  • Completed in 50 minutes, and called it a day. Well, a morning. Still had a long day to go after this.

BenM

Thursday

Post by BenM » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:24 am

Thu 07/09/23: Spring Swole D7

AM BW: 91.4kg

Background Noise: Extreme - Saudades de Rock

Deadlift:
6x120kg
6x120kg
5x150kg
3x185kg
2x205kg
8x180kg (PR for eight; +5kg)
8x180kg @ 9.5
3 minute rests

Belt Squat:
10x75kg
10x120kg
10x120kg
10x120kg
12x120kg @ 6.5
2 minute rests

Incline Dumbbell Bench:
12x50lb / hand
12x50lb / hand
12x50lb / hand
12x50lb / hand @ 8
2 minute rests

Cable Crunch:
12x42.5kg
12x42.5kg
12x42.5kg
15x42.5kg @ 10
2 minute rests

Footage:

• Felt really tired and hungry all day yesterday and my snacking is getting a little out of control. I actually intended to sleep in a bit later this morning and start work late but my body clock said nope and I got out of bed at 4:30am since I wasn't getting back to sleep at that point. So I trained nice and early anyway.
Training Notes:
  • I did try to drop my hips a little more with the deadlifts, but 'rolling them forward' delivered some immediate lower back pain because it caused some overextension. Either I did it wrong, or it was my dumb mistake for trying it before warming up too much, but whatever. Anyways, what can I say, worked up to 5kg more than last week for a top set, wanted 3 or 4 but I just wasn't up for it today, felt like too much hard work. I did add 5kg to the back off work though and was pretty pleased to get two sets of eight, the second one was kinda hard and I don't really think I had the energy for another rep although it looked like the last rep moved OK. Then I held it at the top for five seconds or so anyway.
  • Added 5kg to the belt squats too, as usual hip felt a little tight for the first set but after that things were fine, and pushed the last to twelve again without a big effort.
  • Kept bench the same weight as last week, and the first set felt a lot less tight and janky this time so that was good, but the last set was the same or harder if anything - just getting tired I think.
  • Cable crunches to finish with a tiny load increase, not too hard so pushed the last set, I called that one 15 @ 10 but really the last couple of reps were getting pretty short.
  • Pretty solid morning's work all round in 61 minutes.

BenM

Saturday

Post by BenM » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:06 am

Sat 09/09/23: Spring Swole D8

AM BW: 91.0kg

Background Noise: Guns 'N Roses - Live Era '87-'93

Comp Bench:
10x20kg
10x20kg
8x70kg
2x100kg
1x115kg
1x115kg
6x95kg
6x95kg
6x95kg
2 minute rests

10x62.5lb / hand
10x62.5lb / hand
12x62.5lb / hand @ 8.5
2 minute rests

Dumbbell Seal Row:
12x62.5lb / hand
12x62.5lb / hand
12x62.5lb / hand @ 7
3 minute rests

Incline Triceps Extension (EZ Curl Bar):
12x40kg
12x40kg
15x40kg @ 9.5
2 minute rests

Upright Row (EZ Curl Bar):
10x40kg
10x40kg
12x40kg @ 8.5
2 minute rests

Footage:

• Slept like crap last night and had a headache all morning that tons of water and espresso couldn't shake. I'd planned on training this morning but just didn't feel ready, so I kept myself amused in other ways and eventually got out in the middle of the afternoon. Think I've seriously gotta look at doing a caffeine detox soon.
Training Notes:
  • Bench went pretty well, the top double and the first single felt good, second single felt a lot harder but the unrack was pretty terrible. The first back off set was really shaky for some reason but the last two felt good and quick so yeah... right shoulder is still clearly weaker but getting less and less noticeable I think. Wonder if it'll ever feel normal.
  • Added 2.5lb to the dumbbell work this week and managed 12 from a pretty hard last set, with no discomfort at all so that's tidy.
  • Changed things up and did the seal rows first this week mostly because it was faster to get setup. They felt pretty decent too, although I took slightly longer rests.
  • Triceps work was ok except I stupidly gripped the bar too wide for the first set and made my elbows angry. Fixed that for the next two sets and even managed to push pretty close to failure at the end.
  • Did the usual upright rows to finish and pushed the last set a bit harder there too. Was feeling a little bit of impingement but not pain from the injury so I guess that's fine...
  • Got 'er all done in 57 minutes, happy days.

BenM

Sunday

Post by BenM » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:57 pm

Sun 10/09/23: Spring Swole D9

Background Noise: Metallica - S&M

SSB Box Squat:
8x17kg
8x17kg
8x67kg
2x117kg
1x132kg (PR; +5kg)
6x107kg
6x107kg
6x107kg
10x107kg (PR; +5kg)
2 minute rests

RDL to Floor:
8x140kg
8x135kg
10x135kg @ 8
2 minute rests

Lying Leg Extension:
12x65kg
12x65kg
15x65kg @ 8
--- Supersetted with ---
Single Arm Dumbbell Bench Press:
12x45lb
12x45lb
15x45lb
2 minute rests between supersets

Barbell Row:
10x85kg
10x85kg
10x85kg @ 8
2 minute rests

Footage:

• Slept like crap yet again last night, not helped by a sick dog. But other than the usual squatxiety, felt ok about training so got in and did it before lunch like I planned.
Training Notes:
  • Worked up to a slightly heavier single this week, they're still moving ok but my hip was a bit sore after this one. After that I wasn't really planning on going to hard at the work sets but in the heat of the moment I went long with the last one. That had me blowing.
  • Decided to do a heavier set of RDLs to start with today and then drop the load a bit. Went well enough that I added a couple of reps at the end, and probably still had a couple more in the tank.
  • Leg extensions and single arm bench after that, I think the latter are a better fit for this slot than the flys I did last week. Actually pushed the last set of leg extensions a bit, the bench was nice and easy - just trying to get some unilateral movement in and keep strengthening the shoulder.
  • Some rows to finish, lower back was a bit tired but managed to get sets of ten with 5kg more than last week so that was OK.
  • Still finished in under an hour, but only just at 58 minutes. Pretty solid effort.

DanCR

Re: Sunday

Post by DanCR » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:13 pm

BenM wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:57 pm Single Arm Dumbbell Bench Press
I know that it’s not what you were doing, but this reminded me that one never sees anyone doing alternating dumbbell movements anymore (e.g. alternating DB bench press), when that variation on movements used to be a standard thing that you’d see in all the mags back in the day. Might try to bring them back into fashion. I did do alternating curls for a bit, a few months back. They were fun because the body english that they permit enables you to lift far heavier DBs than you ever could doing both arms together.

slowmotion

Post by slowmotion » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:37 am

Nice work, Ben! Setting new PRs every day!