Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

Post Reply
User avatar
mgil
Shitpostmaster General
Posts: 8611
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:46 pm
Location: FlabLab©®
Age: 49

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

#921

Post by mgil » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:49 am

Wilhelm wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:30 am Just ordered new sleeves
https://generalleathercraft.com/product ... ee-sleeve/
I saw they looked super stiff. Let us know how they are when the show up.

User avatar
Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox
Posts: 9739
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:58 pm
Location: Living Room
Age: 62

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

#922

Post by Wilhelm » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:32 pm

mgil wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:49 am
Wilhelm wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:30 am Just ordered new sleeves
https://generalleathercraft.com/product ... ee-sleeve/
I saw they looked super stiff. Let us know how they are when the show up.

User avatar
mgil
Shitpostmaster General
Posts: 8611
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:46 pm
Location: FlabLab©®
Age: 49

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

#923

Post by mgil » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:49 pm

Thanks! @Wilhelm

User avatar
Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox
Posts: 9739
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:58 pm
Location: Living Room
Age: 62

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

#924

Post by Wilhelm » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:54 am

2nd session with these today.
Warming up sleeveless w/ them folded and around my ankles.
Up for last warmups and then folded down off the quads between sets.
Left them up between 355X2 and 365X1

User avatar
broseph
High Fiber
Posts: 5071
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:11 am
Location: West Michigan
Age: 41

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

#925

Post by broseph » Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:02 pm

broseph wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:56 pm I picked up a stock 10mm untreated pioneer cut belt, a dip belt, and untreated lifting straps and saved a total of $30.
3 year review only because one of my lifting straps is starting to rip and I knew searching this thread would tell me when I got them;


10mm untreated belt is still quite stiff. Which is a good thing. And I really enjoy the Pioneer cut hole spacing.

Dip belt doesn't strike me as different from other leather dip belts I've seen. The rivets, however, seem undersized and weren't fully "blossomed." I have holes in the lower back of all my workout shirts from them.

One of the lifting straps is ripping after almost exactly 3 years. I don't know if that's par for the course or not. My DIY, non-sewed, Rip-style nylon webbing straps held up for much longer than that, and I'll have to go back to them for now.

User avatar
Allentown
Likes Beer
Posts: 10083
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:41 am
Location: Grindville, West MI. Pop: 2 Gainzgoblins
Age: 40

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

#926

Post by Allentown » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:31 am

Sale this weekend

User avatar
Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox
Posts: 9739
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:58 pm
Location: Living Room
Age: 62

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

#927

Post by Wilhelm » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:58 pm

Finally getting a custom belt.
I've lost 6" off my waist, and my large is on 2nd to last hole, so getting a medium.

Same color as the belt pictured, light brown dyed leather, 13mm 4" lever with black stitching, black edging, and black suede inner.
Laser burned Musk Ox image positioned the same as the wolf, but taller since i won't have a border, just the black stitching.
It never occurred to me to place the image there, but once i saw that, my mind was made up on getting the belt.
Putting the black PALv2 i already have on this belt, and the old v1 on my current belt.
I don't think i can bring myself to sell the large, it has been with me 4 1/2 years now and molded to my shape.
Also it still fits and has a hole left.
Now just the waiting.

Image

User avatar
Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox
Posts: 9739
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:58 pm
Location: Living Room
Age: 62

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

#928

Post by Wilhelm » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:33 pm

Image

I'll post more pics when it gets here and has the black PAL on it, as well as showing the black suede inner and black edge.
Stoked to be sure.

User avatar
alek
Registered User
Posts: 3219
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:11 pm
Location: 2 gainzZz goblinz
Age: 42

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

#929

Post by alek » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:55 pm

Wilhelm wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:33 pm Image

I'll post more pics when it gets here and has the black PAL on it, as well as showing the black suede inner and black edge.
Stoked to be sure.
That looks awesome!!

User avatar
Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox
Posts: 9739
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:58 pm
Location: Living Room
Age: 62

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

#930

Post by Wilhelm » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:23 pm

alek wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:55 pm
Wilhelm wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:33 pm Image

I'll post more pics when it gets here and has the black PAL on it, as well as showing the black suede inner and black edge.
Stoked to be sure.
That looks awesome!!
Thank you.
Got it in today.
After hitting it with some mink oil, it works great with the singlet.
Was pretty bright and jarring at first.
I am supremely happy.

User avatar
alek
Registered User
Posts: 3219
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:11 pm
Location: 2 gainzZz goblinz
Age: 42

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

#931

Post by alek » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:39 am

Wilhelm wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:23 pm
alek wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:55 pm
Wilhelm wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:33 pm I'll post more pics when it gets here and has the black PAL on it, as well as showing the black suede inner and black edge.
Stoked to be sure.
That looks awesome!!
Thank you.
Got it in today.
After hitting it with some mink oil, it works great with the singlet.
Was pretty bright and jarring at first.
I am supremely happy.
Yeah, it looks great, and you're looking jacked!!

User avatar
Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox
Posts: 9739
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:58 pm
Location: Living Room
Age: 62

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

#932

Post by Wilhelm » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:41 am


JimRiley
Registered User
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:51 am
Location: <x(t), y(t), z(t), t>
Age: 70

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

#933

Post by JimRiley » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:16 pm

Beautiful belt, @Wilhelm!

Now you've got me wanting a new one too. Ever since my last cut, which has been several years, I've been restraining the comically long loose end with a rubber band.

User avatar
Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox
Posts: 9739
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:58 pm
Location: Living Room
Age: 62

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

#934

Post by Wilhelm » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:47 am

JimRiley wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:16 pm Beautiful belt, @Wilhelm!

Now you've got me wanting a new one too. Ever since my last cut, which has been several years, I've been restraining the comically long loose end with a rubber band.
What would you get?

JimRiley
Registered User
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:51 am
Location: <x(t), y(t), z(t), t>
Age: 70

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

#935

Post by JimRiley » Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:59 pm

Wilhelm wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:47 am
JimRiley wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:16 pm Beautiful belt, @Wilhelm!

Now you've got me wanting a new one too. Ever since my last cut, which has been several years, I've been restraining the comically long loose end with a rubber band.
What would you get?
Pioneer, single prong, 4 inch, 10mm, double suede, forest green, small. (Not that I've given it any thought!) Having an awesome image on it like yours would be cool too - maybe some math or bike thing.

Post Reply