Barbell Velocity Training

All training and programming related queries and banter here

Moderators: mgil, chromoly, Manveer

dara

Barbell Velocity Training

Post by dara » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:13 am

Is there somebody who have expirience with VBT device just order one for my self.
I plan to use it for type of compensatory acceleration training which works, people like Dr.Hatfield, Sam Byrd (https://www.jtsstrength.com/squatting-big/) and many otheruse it with the results. I decide to use range of 0.75 to 1 m/s velocity which is power base so cold strength speed and it is used by most people, after search for some time get many oposite opinions about range of 1 rm precentage, set and reps schemes. I will do test when device comes at 40,45,50,55,60,65,70 precent of one rm to see wher is my 0,75 and 1 m/s velocity because i thin it is differwnt fom lift to lift and person to person maybe im wrong. Then for start use precentage at which is 0.75m/s velocity with 5x5 with 30 sec rest time between reps and between sets as needed when feel to do max effort explosive and try to match results of set befor or to be close to it. So same weight is used from 0.75 m/s till reach speed of 1 m/s that is around 20% difference then calculate new 1 rm and new 0.7m/s weight precentage.
If someboy know for how long it takes to do that jump from 0.75 to 1 m/s, what frquency of lift is possibile ( there is no hypertrophy just neural side of strength), what do you think about 5x5 that's gona be use is it to much ( the precentage is low about 60 to 65% start? Some says it doesnt works because of low weight but explosive intent can recrute high trshold motor units and train recrutment, firing rate,syncronisation and all neural adaptation, some say its not good because of deceleration in speed close to end of rom ( procetive mehanisam) and many other arguments but people on the other side show that works. Your opinion on all that?

Clearwater47

Re: Barbell Velocity Training

Post by Clearwater47 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:33 am

Velocity Based Training thread: viewtopic.php?t=2729