Stefi Cohen

Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

Post Reply
User avatar
mgil
Shitpostmaster General
Posts: 8583
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:46 pm
Location: FlabLab©®
Age: 49

Stefi Cohen

#1

Post by mgil » Wed May 29, 2024 1:13 pm

Not surprised

User avatar
lheugh
Registered User
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:40 am
Location: Surrey, UK
Age: 32

Re: Stefi Cohen

#2

Post by lheugh » Wed May 29, 2024 1:33 pm

Throws shade on OF in perpetuity, but proceeds to post revenge porn - yikes

User avatar
mgil
Shitpostmaster General
Posts: 8583
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:46 pm
Location: FlabLab©®
Age: 49

Re: Stefi Cohen

#3

Post by mgil » Wed May 29, 2024 2:15 pm

Years ago (like 7?) was in a conversation with someone that was at the same gym she was at and was working at said gym. They witness her and the current ex (I forget his name) leave a mess for them to clean up afterwards. Like plates and chalk scattered all about.

I put a comment on what was then her latest post about not putting their plates away. Following that her and that dude tried to shit on me and also follow me (yes, my account was private). Again, the comment was a bit smartass but nothing overly shitty.

Anyhow, I got the vibe then about them being some contrite cyber-bullies. But yeah, she and the ex seemed douchey and childish. Throw in almost a decade of IG simpage and you get this kind of behavior.

Honestly, hope she gains some perspective from this.

cole
Registered User
Posts: 2958
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:03 pm
Location: Ft Collins, Colorado
Age: 40

Re: Stefi Cohen

#4

Post by cole » Fri May 31, 2024 12:23 pm

She's probably so narcissistic that she believes she had the right and that she is innocent

User avatar
mbasic
Registered User
Posts: 9382
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:06 am
Age: 104

Re: Stefi Cohen

#5

Post by mbasic » Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:27 am

this thread belongs in the 'why we hate the police' thread.

lolz sweep the leg !

can't wait until someone gets a hold of the body cam footage

----------------

I would really like to see what a fem-let "25-time-record powerlifter" who has extensive fight training looks like when the sweep some rando cop's leg during an arrest? Point is all the barbell strength in the world and whatnot may not matter (so much) if you are a (small) chick going up against a slightly above average dude.

-----------------

INB4: Chri$tian life$tyle evolution/makeover

User avatar
mbasic
Registered User
Posts: 9382
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:06 am
Age: 104

Re: Stefi Cohen

#6

Post by mbasic » Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:11 pm

She got arrested again?

meh .... I guess people could say these are rumors for now, but seems like its based on some creditable / verifiable information



probably could just be a dispute over who owns some of the equipment

but that would imply she's liquidating her equipment for money for some (desperate) reasons

User avatar
mgil
Shitpostmaster General
Posts: 8583
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:46 pm
Location: FlabLab©®
Age: 49

Re: Stefi Cohen

#7

Post by mgil » Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:58 pm

An upstanding member of society

User avatar
5hout
Registered User
Posts: 1575
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:32 am

Re: Stefi Cohen

#8

Post by 5hout » Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:06 am

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fitness- ... 5a29bc6cfc

https://barbend.com/stefi-cohen-arrested/

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/mia ... e/3322944/

Modestly salacious reasons, of course charges are just charges (for now) but some of them seem likely to stick.

User avatar
mgil
Shitpostmaster General
Posts: 8583
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:46 pm
Location: FlabLab©®
Age: 49

Re: Stefi Cohen

#9

Post by mgil » Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:08 pm

Those 32 years have been unkind

User avatar
KyleSchuant
Take It Easy
Posts: 2197
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 53
Contact:

Re: Stefi Cohen

#10

Post by KyleSchuant » Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:44 pm

I'm sure it was someone on here who originally said it, but powerlifting really is the white trash sport.

User avatar
CheekiBreekiFitness
Registered User
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:46 am

Re: Stefi Cohen

#11

Post by CheekiBreekiFitness » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:27 am

KyleSchuant wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:44 pm I'm sure it was someone on here who originally said it, but powerlifting really is the white trash sport.
I mean maybe in the older days. But currently ? I don't know. Many of the current IPF champions don't strike me as particularly "white thrash". Seems like a pretty middle class sport to me.

User avatar
mgil
Shitpostmaster General
Posts: 8583
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:46 pm
Location: FlabLab©®
Age: 49

Re: Stefi Cohen

#12

Post by mgil » Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:42 am

CheekiBreekiFitness wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:27 am
KyleSchuant wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:44 pm I'm sure it was someone on here who originally said it, but powerlifting really is the white trash sport.
I mean maybe in the older days. But currently ? I don't know. Many of the current IPF champions don't strike me as particularly "white thrash". Seems like a pretty middle class sport to me.
Agreed. When gyms like Westside Barbell were turning out a large number of lifters there were some ‘interesting’ characters at the forefront of the sport.

Considering the amount of Black, Hispanic, Latino, etc peeps involved now it’s not white trash. But middle class is fitting.

User avatar
5hout
Registered User
Posts: 1575
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:32 am

Re: Stefi Cohen

#13

Post by 5hout » Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:36 am

mgil wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:42 am
CheekiBreekiFitness wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:27 am
KyleSchuant wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 6:44 pm I'm sure it was someone on here who originally said it, but powerlifting really is the white trash sport.
I mean maybe in the older days. But currently ? I don't know. Many of the current IPF champions don't strike me as particularly "white thrash". Seems like a pretty middle class sport to me.
Agreed. When gyms like Westside Barbell were turning out a large number of lifters there were some ‘interesting’ characters at the forefront of the sport.

Considering the amount of Black, Hispanic, Latino, etc peeps involved now it’s not white trash. But middle class is fitting.
Of course I wasn't around back then, but to me it's making a transition from blue collar to decidedly upper half of middle class. It's still not a prestige sport like triathlons or whathaveyou, but it's definitely shed the underclass esthetic. Viewed through the lens of old blog posts/books/podcasts IMO the transition from "drug-tested" geared lifting (twice geared some might say) to drug-free raw is the watershed moment between the two.

Look at the modern influencers, it's not gritty crane operators getting patents from a basement while cruising for 30+ years. It's professors and people with solidly middle class jobs MAYBE doing some sports TRT, but always with max tier custom blood testing. They're lifting raw, but with Eleiko/Rogue bars and have 8 sets of "sleeves". The rise of Israetel/Austin/Nuckols/AI training (spreadsheets of if/thens of course) the downfall of Outlaw powerlifting and people welding their own racks.

User avatar
KyleSchuant
Take It Easy
Posts: 2197
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 53
Contact:

Re: Stefi Cohen

#14

Post by KyleSchuant » Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:45 pm

Yeah you're right.

But Stef started in those earlier days, so...

Post Reply