Rep Fitness Adjustable Bench

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

TimK
Much Mustache

Rep Fitness Adjustable Bench

Post by TimK » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:31 pm

https://www.repfitness.com/rep-ab-3100- ... e-bench-v2

Would I regret getting this as my only bench? I've heard good things but I don't think I've ever used an adjustable bench that wasn't wobbly. I also don't like that it's less than 12" and then tapers near the top right where your shoulders are while flat benching. On the other hand I just measured the benches at my gym and they are only 10", so probably still a step up from those.

Debating between this and the Titan flat bench for $100 less. I would like to be able to do incline and 85 degree stuff though.

@AaronM you've had one for a while, right?

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Re: Rep Fitness Adjustable Bench

Post by Wilhelm » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Does @iamsmu have one of those?
iirc, @murphyreedus got the new Rep Fitness flat bench. Single foot on one end 4 " pad
I have the earlier flat Rep bench. That new one looks mint.

iamsmu

Post by iamsmu » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:47 pm

Wilhelm wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:33 pm Does @iamsmu have one of those?
iirc, @murphyreedus got the new Rep Fitness flat bench. Single foot on one end 4 " pad
I do indeed.

I haven't done much flat benching on it. But it doesn't feel much different from my Rogue Utility Bench 2.0. The tapering on the rep is very minor. Moving from 10" to 12" will be odd at first and then you'll love it for most things.

I don't recall it moving around much at all once you have some weight on it. It's very study. (The Ironmaster is like a rock though. It doesn't wiggle. It's too narrow and too tall though. It is super versatile though. With the decline thing to hold your legs you can do decline situps or inclined leg raises. . . ) The rep came with some extra washers that were supposed to go on part of the incline mechanism. They were taped to a piece of paper and put in the box with a note. But they were too small to use. It was a little sketchy. I was worried at first, but it turned out just fine.

The gap between the pads is small. But you don't want to sit on the gap. There's some uncomfortable metal there. Just put your butt where it belongs.

Coming from the Ironmaster, I'd kind of like it if the front pad would incline more. The seat sits at 90' on the Ironmaster. You can't slide off. But it's a pain to get on it if you are using heavy dumbbells.

I'm very happy with the rep. My only gripe is that I'm in a tight space and would really like to be able set it on it's side long ways. You can't do this. I will open up. For my garage setup, I probably should have got another Rogue flat and a wall hanger. . . But if you have space the Rep is nice.

If you want to do any incline work and you have space, just get the Rep. I like also having a lighter flat bench around, though. And I wouldn't want a flat bench with a handle and wheels to get in the way. I don't like the look of the Titan because of this. The Rogue is more, but it's almost ideal as a flat bench (once you get some rubber for the feet).

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:11 pm

Also have the Rep bench, but the v1. I like the updated incline bar design better. Really happy with it as well.

murphyreedus

Post by murphyreedus » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:17 pm

Wilhelm wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:33 pm Does @iamsmu have one of those?
I have the new Rep comp flat bench. Like it so far. I will get the gripper pad when available, because I'm a gear sloot, but I don't mind the pad it came with at all. Some people have complained about the pad shifting on them under the vinyl during set up, because Rep hasn't been gluing their pad to the plywood, but I don't notice it at all when setting up on mine.

AaronM
Pheasant

Post by AaronM » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:28 pm

@TimK Yes, I bought it when it was on sale for ~$139 around Black Friday I think? Figured it was worth spending a little more money to be able to do incline benching down the road, incase I want to change my programming and look swole someday. It's a great bench, zero complaints.