Knee Wraps

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

Les
Kitten

Knee Wraps

Post by Les » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:34 pm

I figured we might as start this thread too! :-)

I was originally planning on squatting with knee sleeves, but the raw division for APF allows either sleeves or wraps. So I was thinking I might buy a pair (3m). Right now I have been using THP's that are really old (they were my first wraps). They are not the best, but I would call them intermediate. But what I like about them is that I can wrap my knees on my own and still get a good pop (60-70#). I tried a pair of Titan Gold's for example, and wrapping myself they weren't as good as the old THP's. I think if someone wrapped me they would be superior, but since I squat solo in training I want to do the same thing at the meet.

So what wraps do you guys recommend for solo wrapping with great pop and stability out of the hole? I looked at Hamburgerfan's wraps at one meet. He uses EliteFTS Krait wraps. I know he solo wraps too. Those seem pretty solid, but are there any other ones you guys would recommend?

KOTJ
Superstar

Re: Knee Wraps

Post by KOTJ » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:14 pm

No experience, but I'm curious and like learning.

Know anyone that has used the Pioneer Lilliebridge knee wraps?

Manveer
M3N4C3

Post by Manveer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:26 pm

I have Titan Max RPM wraps. I have nothing to compare them to, but I know I don't like using them.

Cody
Equipment Guru

Post by Cody » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:59 am

Shit, if you get 60-70lbs wrapping yourself, don't change a thing. That's more than a lot of folks get with someone helping them.

I've only used the Pioneer knee wraps, but I do have all of them. I think the Lilliebridge wraps are the best competition wraps Matt makes. If you're looking to experiment, that's where I would start.

Les
Kitten

Post by Les » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:25 pm

Thanks Cody. I am debating between those and krait wraps. But I pulled out the ancient THP's and probably got 40ish lbs out of them today without using them since late 2015. I think with more practice, I will be back to 60. How are the Lilliebridge wraps for self wrapping? Can you get them pretty tight by yourself?

Cody
Equipment Guru

Post by Cody » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:21 pm

Les wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:25 pmHow are the Lilliebridge wraps for self wrapping? Can you get them pretty tight by yourself?
You can definitely self wrap with them and get some really tight wraps. I can't do that with the phantoms, silver beasts (strangulator), or commanders (convicts). To me, they have just as much cast as the silver beasts but more rebound.