Titan Lever Arm attachment

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

gtl

Titan Lever Arm attachment

Post by gtl » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:56 am

https://www.titan.fitness/x-3-lever-arms.html

Interesting. They have it for the X3 rack too.

I think I'd prefer a cotter pin style to be able to adjust on the fly, but I'm not sure if that would affect stability.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Re: Titan Lever Arm attachment

Post by mgil » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:59 am

Handles look upside down.

gtl

Post by gtl » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:00 am

mgil wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:59 am Handles look upside down.
Lol go figure

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:50 am

Why are there bumpers on both sides of the arms? I guess you could flip them all the way up on top of the cage when you want them out of the way and need to use the front of the cage for something?

gtl

Post by gtl » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:42 am

@mgil @Allentown

We have to remember, these are exact Rogue copies...
Rogue's handle is the same way
Rogue has bumpers on both sides

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:25 am

Every chest press machine I’ve seen has handles were oriented such that the neutral grip is slightly prone (~30 degrees off truly neutral). These look like they can be flipped easily. Still looks like a waste of money.

GrizzlyAdam

Post by GrizzlyAdam » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:30 am

Yeah, I'm sure the handles have to be bolted on when you assemble it. Could easily flip them.

ETA: Also agree with @mgil that it's a waste of money.

gtl

Post by gtl » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:04 am

mgil wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:25 am Every chest press machine I’ve seen has handles were oriented such that the neutral grip is slightly prone (~30 degrees off truly neutral). These look like they can be flipped easily. Still looks like a waste of money.
I'd be more interested in using it for rows and a possible belt squat than a chest press

TimK
Much Mustache

Post by TimK » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:14 am

mgil wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:25 am Every chest press machine I’ve seen has handles were oriented such that the neutral grip is slightly prone (~30 degrees off truly neutral). These look like they can be flipped easily. Still looks like a waste of money.
Yeah, Titan has a lot of photos on their site that make it clear whoever is in charge of product photography is pretty clueless. Things assembled incorrectly or just set up in dumb way (like a rack holding a loaded barbell with the j-hooks at squat height and the safeties 5 inches below that). Can definitely just install them the other way.

As for usefulness, I think it would be cool for chest supported rows like this:

And they could maybe be used in rigging up a belt squat along the lines of this:

Changing the position would be a pain in the ass since they are bolted on but you could probably just install them with hitch pins or something like that to make it quicker.

thejosef

Post by thejosef » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:18 am

So these things seem all the rage these days (at least on the bodybuilding.com equipment forums) with Sorinex, Rogue, and now Titan all having versions. They just seem like a Huge waste of space/money to me.. like they would be in the way 98% of the time. Until somebody makes an "easily" adjustable version (Sorinex is working on this), I just don't see the point. Even then it's gonna be $$$$.

bobmen10000

Post by bobmen10000 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:25 am

TimK wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:14 am
Yeah, Titan has a lot of photos on their site that make it clear whoever is in charge of product photography is pretty clueless. Things assembled incorrectly or just set up in dumb way (like a rack holding a loaded barbell with the j-hooks at squat height and the safeties 5 inches below that). Can definitely just install them the other way.

As for usefulness, I think it would be cool for chest supported rows like this:

And they could maybe be used in rigging up a belt squat along the lines of this:

Changing the position would be a pain in the ass since they are bolted on but you could probably just install them with hitch pins or something like that to make it quicker.
The homemade belt squat was interesting although after you figure the money spent on parts, Coop could have bought one from Edge Fitness (think it was a difference of maybe $300.00, not accounting for labor and money wasted on experimenting on what worked and didn't. Although you could save a ton of money cobbling together titan parts but then you are probably talking a real Frankenstein machine with different length parts and all.

TimK
Much Mustache

Post by TimK » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:26 am

thejosef wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:18 am So these things seem all the rage these days (at least on the bodybuilding.com equipment forums) with Sorinex, Rogue, and now Titan all having versions. They just seem like a Huge waste of space/money to me.. like they would be in the way 98% of the time. Until somebody makes an "easily" adjustable version (Sorinex is working on this), I just don't see the point. Even then it's gonna be $$$$.
Like I mentioned, if you attached it with some hitch pins or similar, it wouldn't be that bad to just mount it to the rack when you need it and store it elsewhere the rest of the time. Definitely bulky though.

thejosef

Post by thejosef » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:15 am

TimK wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:26 am
thejosef wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:18 am So these things seem all the rage these days (at least on the bodybuilding.com equipment forums) with Sorinex, Rogue, and now Titan all having versions. They just seem like a Huge waste of space/money to me.. like they would be in the way 98% of the time. Until somebody makes an "easily" adjustable version (Sorinex is working on this), I just don't see the point. Even then it's gonna be $$$$.
Like I mentioned, if you attached it with some hitch pins or similar, it wouldn't be that bad to just mount it to the rack when you need it and store it elsewhere the rest of the time. Definitely bulky though.
Yeah, exactly. My gym is pretty small, so I'm very biased against large items that take up too much space that don't give me every day function. :)