Adidas Liestung or Adipower Shoes

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

Skid

Adidas Liestung or Adipower Shoes

Post by Skid » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:51 pm

Anybody have them? How would you rate them?

Adidas is having a 30% off sale. I have the older style Adidas Powerlift shoe but was thinking of upgrading.

Murelli

Re: Adidas Liestung or Adipower Shoes

Post by Murelli » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:16 am

Skid wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:51 pm Anybody have them? How would you rate them?

Adidas is having a 30% off sale. I have the older style Adidas Powerlift shoe but was thinking of upgrading.
What lifts do you do in them? I would buy the Adipowers for several reasons, the biggest being that the BOA lacing is useless (and unrepairable?) once it pops. Other reason is the bigger heel lift (that may or may not suit you, but mind you it's going to be different from your current shoes).

What about the Power Perfect 3?

Skid

Post by Skid » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:32 pm

Murelli wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:16 am
Skid wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:51 pm Anybody have them? How would you rate them?

What lifts do you do in them? I would buy the Adipowers for several reasons, the biggest being that the BOA lacing is useless (and unrepairable?) once it pops. Other reason is the bigger heel lift (that may or may not suit you, but mind you it's going to be different from your current shoes).

What about the Power Perfect 3?
I would use them for squatting and benching mostly, along with my accessory lifts. I sometimes deadlift in shoes, but when the weights get really heavy I wear slippers.

My Powerlifts are still fine, but I recall other users saying they aren't as good as Adipowers as they can get a little spongy with heavy weights (not that I've noticed though).

Skid

Post by Skid » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:33 pm

Nikipedia wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:50 pm @KOTJ, @Root, I and several others have the Adipowers.
And do you like them??

RobUK

Post by RobUK » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:26 am

I have the Leistung and love them - but I find a higher heel helps my squats being long legged. If you don't like a high heel (1 inch plus) don't go near them. Jordan gave them a great review on SS with that same caveat (so they weren't right for him).

Also I am wide footed and they still fit comfortable, which was a surprise given Adidas's rep for being narrow.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:41 am

RobUK wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:26 am I have the Leistung and love them - but I find a higher heel helps my squats being long legged. If you don't like a high heel (1 inch plus) don't go near them. Jordan gave them a great review on SS with that same caveat (so they weren't right for him).

Also I am wide footed and they still fit comfortable, which was a surprise given Adidas's rep for being narrow.
I've never worn the Adipowers, but i've seen several reviews saying the "narrowness" is not really a thing.

mouse

Post by mouse » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:26 am

In case anyone is reading is gonna jump on this you can get an additional 15% off by signing up for their newsletter. It brought the Adipowers down to about $125 shipped so I got a pair...

simonrest
Objectifies Monotremes

Post by simonrest » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:26 am

Shopspring dot com has leistung for $110, powerlifts for $45. If you were considering it

PapaSmurf

Post by PapaSmurf » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:38 pm

simonrest wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:26 am Shopspring dot com has leistung for $110, powerlifts for $45. If you were considering it
A quick google search shows that site has a gazillion 1 star reviews. Do you vouch for them in the Donnie Brasco sense of the word?

simonrest
Objectifies Monotremes

Post by simonrest » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:43 pm

of course not. also I think the deal is over. no cheap shoes for youse

Wayne

Post by Wayne » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:26 pm

RobUK wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:26 am I have the Leistung and love them - but I find a higher heel helps my squats being long legged. If you don't like a high heel (1 inch plus) don't go near them. Jordan gave them a great review on SS with that same caveat (so they weren't right for him).

Yea I'm not sure where they get that reputation from. I've got Power Perfect 2's and Romaleo 3's and the latter are much narrower and more snug around the toe.

mouse

Post by mouse » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:01 am

Updating because I got my Adipowers and holy crap do I love these things...

If going from wearing chucks to my powerlifts was like going from driving a Yugo to a Camry, then going to the Adipowers was like going from the Camry to the Challenger... so much more solid, and the extra 0.15" or whatever seems to actually keep my heels completely grounded (finally).

Stenson

Post by Stenson » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:45 pm

I recently upgraded from powerlifts to Adipowers and they're well worth the money IMO. More stable and supportive in every way. I didn't really realize how much my powerlift's heel was compressing until I squatted in Adipowers.

Check Amazon for warehouse deals, there were a pair of size 12 Adipowers for $70 on there last time I looked