Belt review project!

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

mbasic

Re: Belt review project!

Post by mbasic » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:16 pm

The break in thing makes sense to me now.
My Inzer never felt like it broke in . . . just pinches the shit out of me at the top and bottom edges.
Leaves temp bruises there every time.
Funny, I rolled it and "worked it" on the floor back and forth . . .twisting it, etc.
Nothing seemed to help.

CoconutChris

Post by CoconutChris » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:16 pm

This video was really helpful. I always had trouble deadlifting with a completely flat back with my Inzer belt, but could do so beltless. Figured it was just me being secretly fat, but it makes sense now in retrospect. I'll be looking elsewhere for a new belt.

OCG

Post by OCG » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:45 am

Personally I'm really liking my pioneer 6.5 and 13 mm plain leather belts. They form quite nicely and even seem to have a slight bit of stretch. The 6.5 is great for benching and fat arse deadlifts.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:25 am

CoconutChris wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:16 pm I'll be getting a purple alligator from Pioneer for a new belt.
FTFY

simonrest
Objectifies Monotremes

Post by simonrest » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:14 am

So I've been alerted to this product. Cody, you've mentioned something similar in the past. Here is a lever that fits into a standard lever belt and works the opposite way, making your regular lever belt into an adjustable lever belt (like the SBD belt)

https://www.harrisstabilitysystems.com. ... -pro-lever

It will be interesting to see what the IPF say about IPF approved belts being retro fitted with one of these

OCG

Post by OCG » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:58 am

It seems like it still screws in, just uses 2 prongs instead of 4. So you get a conventional lever belt with 1" of adjustment.

If it's made well (Harris, so a bit of a toss up...) then since it's steel I can see it being stronger than the usual cast zinc levers. Looks similar in construction to the "Zulu" levers.

Cody
Equipment Guru

Post by Cody » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:05 am

simonrest wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:14 am So I've been alerted to this product. Cody, you've mentioned something similar in the past. Here is a lever that fits into a standard lever belt and works the opposite way, making your regular lever belt into an adjustable lever belt (like the SBD belt)

https://www.harrisstabilitysystems.com. ... -pro-lever

It will be interesting to see what the IPF say about IPF approved belts being retro fitted with one of these
That's pretty cool. It's essentially just a regular lever with the rear 2 pegs lopped off.

The design I was alerted to a while ago that's patented but not in production bolts into the 4-hole side then has two inline prongs that latch in where you would normally screw your lever in.

Either way, I think these sorts of options that work with everyone's belts are better, more consumer friendly designs.

KOTJ
Superstar

Post by KOTJ » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:16 am

$26 for the Harris lever to ship to USA