Police Reform Thread

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

cgeorg

Re: "It's fine, we only shoot black people" The cop thread

Post by cgeorg » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:19 pm

but jerbs!

mikeylikey
Rabble Rouser

Post by mikeylikey » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:09 pm

Hiphopapotamus

Post by Hiphopapotamus » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:18 pm

mikeylikey wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:09 pm Oh my goodness:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/09/us/jersey ... index.html
Sometimes you have to beat the accident victim to save the accident victim.

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:59 am

cgeorg wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:43 am "cop" is not a valid search term for this forum. Bogus.

Anyway, https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20171 ... pect.shtml

What is the reasoning behind leaving this stuff sealed in the first place? I am so fucking sick of people with power getting all of the protection.
What the fuck is this shit?
Connor Zion suffered several seizures. He then had a seemingly related episode where he bit his mother and cut her and his roommate with a kitchen knife.
That's a REALLY specific seizure.
As Lopez exited his police car, Zion ran at him and stabbed him in the arms.
Attempted murder, if we didn't already reach that point with attacking the roommate with a knife.
[T]erminating at threat doesn’t necessarily mean terminating the suspect. If the suspect is on the ground and appears wounded, he may no longer pose a threat; a reasonable officer would reassess the situation rather than continue shooting. This is particularly true when the suspect wields a knife rather than a firearm.
1.) He clearly DID, by these whiners' own account, assess the situation. He then shot him again.
2.) It is particularly not true when every indication from every source is that the suspect is wildly insane and indiscriminately dangerous.
mikeylikey wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:09 pm Oh my goodness:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/09/us/jersey ... index.html
I clearly watch too much South Park, because
New Jersey police officers accused of beating burn victim
Just made me laugh.

And this
Police officers in Jersey City, New Jersey, are feeling the heat after being captured on video allegedly beating the victim of a fiery car crash.
Isn't helping.
"Taking swift action isn't always elegant, but this video clearly shows that the officers acted quickly to extinguish the flames, and pull this man out of harm's way," Carmine Disbrow, president of the Jersey City Police Officers Benevolent Association, said in a statement.
It really is like an episode of South Park.

And I could see the explanation making sense, if anyone in the history of humanity had used a soccer kick to extinguish flames, which they have absolutely never done. Dragging him away from the fire is good sense regardless.

Don't police cars have a fire extinguisher with them? That seems like a very basic thing for them to have, considering they're constantly running up on car crashes and meth labs. Did the Pentagon not send them some Tactical Fire Suppression Apparatuses?

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:07 am

DirtyRed wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:59 amDid the Pentagon not send them some Tactical Fire Suppression Apparatuses?
They did.

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:25 am

Domesticated dogs are so dangerous, that all one has to do to avoid a dog bite is 'be a tree'. Why? because dogs think trees are boring.

How to be a tree:
Stop.
Fold their “branches” (hands) in front of them.
Watch their “roots” grow (look at their feet).
Count their breaths in their head until help arrives, or the dog walks away.

So basically the T-Rex scene from Jurassic Park.

cwd

Post by cwd » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:48 am

"Be a tree" is a great way to persuade a frolicking poodle to stop roughhousing with you.

cgeorg

Post by cgeorg » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:05 am

http://www.dogingtonpost.com/louisiana- ... amily-dog/

I'm not sure how a policeman who cannot handle a 12lb terrier is fit to serve/breathe.

strega

Post by strega » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:13 am

aurelius wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:25 am How to be a tree:
Stop.
Video description:

"These kids know how to Be a Tree to stay safe around dogs. This dog has learned that when kids do the tree pose, they will not play with her.."

And why did she post this video?

cwd

Post by cwd » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:16 am

cgeorg wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:05 am http://www.dogingtonpost.com/louisiana- ... amily-dog/

I'm not sure how a policeman who cannot handle a 12lb terrier is fit to serve/breathe.
According to Kelli Sullivan, after killing Leia, the deputy told her that if she had bitten him, he’d have to sue, and that shooting her was the better option. He then told her, “It was a shame I had to waste that bullet, it was a really expensive hollow-point bullet.”
So really, the family should be grateful. The deputy did them a favor!

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:58 am

strega wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:13 amVideo description:

"These kids know how to Be a Tree to stay safe around dogs. This dog has learned that when kids do the tree pose, they will not play with her.."

And why did she post this video?
My post was a bit in jest. I know that cops killing dogs is a hot topic.

And really it is at the forefront of all of our discussions. Essentially LE has taken the position that if they perceive any threat, no matter how insignificant; LE can take any action including lethal action to counter that threat. Including lethal action that endangers bystanders.

And we immediately have an example of a cop blasting a 12-pound dog on someone's front yard with children running about.

When does 'reasonable' enter the equation in assessing a threat and the response to it? Cops shooting dog stories are generally clear examples of LE responding to a low level threat unreasonably.

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:51 pm

aurelius wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:25 am Domesticated dogs are so dangerous, that all one has to do to avoid a dog bite is 'be a tree'. Why? because dogs think trees are boring.

How to be a tree:
Stop.
Watch their “roots” grow (look at their feet).
Count their breaths in their head until help arrives, or the dog walks away.

So basically the T-Rex scene from Jurassic Park.
Do you want to get whizzed on? Because this is how you get whizzed on.
cgeorg wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:05 am http://www.dogingtonpost.com/louisiana- ... amily-dog/

For a third time the house dog charged at me in an aggressive manner I then fire one shot with my hand gun and killing the dog.”
AND KILLING THE DOG

But Bo Dietl wants to waive 2 year degrees as a requirement for joining the police.

It should also be mentioned, again, that DirtyRed The Gallant deals with these fucking animals every third house he delivers to, and has somehow managed to avoid both getting bit and challenging the mutt to the Field of Honor.
aurelius wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:58 amAnd we immediately have an example of a cop blasting a 12-pound dog on someone's front yard with children running about.
As far as I could tell, this was on the driveway. No chance for the bullet to ricochet off and into something else there! Surely the putz dog I could probably punt farther than a rugby ball would bring the bullet to a complete stop. I do not tell lies and am never sarcastic.

Shane
Great Old One

Post by Shane » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Ya'll got some complete kunce pulling badges outta wheetie boxes over there. Is there an official policy to funnel fucktards you wouldn't trust to feed a toddler without tazering it into lawl enfarcement, or are you just exceptionally unlucky? Is it another one of those government, or people, problems? These questions I suspect will remain unanswered long after the long sexual romance with gun massacres has ended. Anyway, they sure do hate dogs a whole lot, along with everyone/thing else apparently. My favourite bits:

"There is no comprehensive tracking, no official number, but as I put it in a previous article, if I told you that American cops kill 50 dogs a year, would you think that's high or low?
Well, that is the rough figure for metro Atlanta alone.
The Nation has noted a Department of Justice estimate of 10,000 dogs per year killed by police.
Last year, Reason dug up records showing that two Detroit police officers had killed 100 dogs between them over the course of their careers."

..and this gem:

"“Given that there’s no shortage of actual human beings getting shot by police officers, pointing these stories out can sometimes seem a bit callous. But I think they’re worth noting because they all point to the same problem."

cgeorg

Post by cgeorg » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Yeah, funny how giving police the power to do whatever the fuck they want and get away with it seems to attract people that want to do whatever the fuck they want and get away with it.

ShuggyBear

Post by ShuggyBear » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:02 pm

A large percentage of LEO's were little punks that were bullied in high school. They become cops to implement the "I'll show them" attitude.

strega

Post by strega » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:56 am

DirtyRed wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:51 pm
It should also be mentioned, again, that DirtyRed The Gallant deals with these fucking animals every third house he delivers to, and has somehow managed to avoid both getting bit and challenging the mutt to the Field of Honor.
Dogs have a sixth sense when it comes to judging character and intent. I’d be willing to bet that you can scientifically prove that dogs see LE as dangerous arrogant assholes and most civilians they see as friendly and loving.

JC
Uke Star

Post by JC » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:03 am

KyleSchuant
Take It Easy

Post by KyleSchuant » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:17 am

Shane wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:17 pm Ya'll got some complete kunce pulling badges outta wheetie boxes over there. Is there an official policy to funnel fucktards you wouldn't trust to feed a toddler without tazering it into lawl enfarcement, or are you just exceptionally unlucky? Is it another one of those government, or people, problems? These questions I suspect will remain unanswered long after the long sexual romance with gun massacres has ended.
That was fucking funny in a very Aussie way. I don't know why we don't have more political satire on tv, we have people like you who know how to do it.

JC
Uke Star

Post by JC » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:28 am

My dogs were more concerned with sniffing out arseholes?

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:29 am

No one in the house heard someone fire a fucking gun in a house?

I immediately disbelieve any story from a source with "Daily" in the title.