4/23/22 264 lbs
The broing continues.
Lying Triceps - Z bar
105 x 5 x 6 sets
105 x 14? I think, but to fail anyway

Reverse Curl - Z bar
105 x 5 x 5 sets
105 x 11 - to fail

The elbows yelled on the first set of extensions, then got real quiet, then got good. It felt like I could feel the fibres contracting and working by the end, the reps got better as they went on and everything got warmed up. I could have stayed with the short rest sets of five for a while but I was squeezing this in after a lot of office work all day so I pushed the issue and went AMRAP. It's weird, I have been unbelievably NOT sore so far from this type of work. I was expecting stiffness and pain in the muscles, but nada.

Renascent
Desperado

Re: Hardartery - As Big As Your Mom

Post by Renascent » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:45 pm

Hardartery wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:37 pmThe broing continues.
Bro on!
Hardartery wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:37 pmThe elbows yelled on the first set of extensions, then got real quiet, then got good. It felt like I could feel the fibres contracting and working by the end, the reps got better as they went on and everything got warmed up.
I love when this happens. It's like the hair of the dog is the cure or something.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:05 pm

Hardartery wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:32 pm
MarkKO wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:59 pm Would getting tailored shirts be too expensive/time consuming? I know some places getting tailored clothing is actually quite easy and affordable
Maybe when the pandemic ends everywhere I can do some of that again, but for right now it's a little sketchy in Central America. I just don't feel that motivated honestly, I go to some places where clothing gets messed up pretty easily, and I don't like being stuc waiting on replacements running around in jacked up clothes. I spend most of my time without climate control and often in very poor neighbourhoods, so I also don't like to look TOO fancy - if you know what I mean. Just being white and foreign earmarks me as rich anyway, at least relative to the local residents.
Understandable. Having grown up in a poor country I know it's a good idea not to draw attention to being much better off than most everyone else. At least you are well within the way too big to easily chuck in the back of a van category...

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:35 pm

4/24/22 263 lbs

225 x 3 - DOH
315 x 3
405 x 3
295 x 1 - mixed grip
585 x miss, miss, miss - knew I wasn't getting it after the first try so treated them as isometrics
495 x 4 x 6 sets - no set downs, just going by propriocepcion where the floor is and stopping just above it (Hopefully). I did graze the floor 2 or three times with one side or the other.

Lesson to me is, it was too much time off being in the US and not having time to lift. I have to fly out gain the 2nd of May, so I will have to try and force some time to lift this time. I also have apparently managed to improve my strength from 4" blocks versus the floor, which was one major goal starting this year. So, there's that. Now if I can just get my weights back up into manhood territory....

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:36 pm

MarkKO wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:05 pm
Hardartery wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:32 pm
MarkKO wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:59 pm Would getting tailored shirts be too expensive/time consuming? I know some places getting tailored clothing is actually quite easy and affordable
Maybe when the pandemic ends everywhere I can do some of that again, but for right now it's a little sketchy in Central America. I just don't feel that motivated honestly, I go to some places where clothing gets messed up pretty easily, and I don't like being stuc waiting on replacements running around in jacked up clothes. I spend most of my time without climate control and often in very poor neighbourhoods, so I also don't like to look TOO fancy - if you know what I mean. Just being white and foreign earmarks me as rich anyway, at least relative to the local residents.
Understandable. Having grown up in a poor country I know it's a good idea not to draw attention to being much better off than most everyone else. At least you are well within the way too big to easily chuck in the back of a van category...
This is an inside joke my wife and I have. You are only in danger of being kidnapped if you weigh 120 pounds or are a chikd. Height doesn't matter, every woman ever kidnapped is described as being 120 lbs... I am safe. LOL.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:36 pm

4/26 261 lbs

Muscle Snatch
135 3 x 3 sets

PC + Strict Press
135 x 5 x 2 sets
155 x 5 x 6 sets
155 x 4 - failure on 5th rep

Fuh-ried now... that gassed the yoke and tris. I should note, the second set of 135 presses were alternating front and BTN. Shoulder flexibility is getting there again - if I really warm them up a lot.
Also, during the forum hiatus, I was pleasantly surprised my the guy who is currently using most of my equipment. He weighed my Stones, the ones I used for training not the ones my wife holds onto for me. As it turns out, I HAVE lifted a 400 lbs stone, the training stone we used as a 365 is actually 400 lbs. Damn. And I got it without tacky in training too. My "Challenge" stone, the one we thought was about 410 (The math indicated between 405 and 415 lbs) is actually 450 lbs. I am still tickled about that, straight up. I almost lapped that 450 without tacky, as in I hit my knees but just missed the height I needed to roll it on and lap it. It's not often you find out that you were even better than you remember it, LOL.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:17 am

Hardartery wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:36 pm 4/26 261 lbs

Muscle Snatch
135 3 x 3 sets

PC + Strict Press
135 x 5 x 2 sets
155 x 5 x 6 sets

Fuh-ried now... that gassed the yoke and tris. I should note, the second set of 135 presses were alternating front and BTN. Shoulder flexibility is getting there again - if I really warm them up a lot.
Also, during the forum hiatus, I was pleasantly surprised my the guy who is currently using most of my equipment. He weighed my Stones, the ones I used for training not the ones my wife holds onto for me. As it turns out, I HAVE lifted a 400 lbs stone, the training stone we used as a 365 is actually 400 lbs. Damn. And I got it without tacky in training too. My "Challenge" stone, the one we thought was about 410 (The math indicated between 405 and 415 lbs) is actually 450 lbs. I am still tickled about that, straight up. I almost lapped that 450 without tacky, as in I hit my knees but just missed the height I needed to roll it on and lap it. It's not often you find out that you were even better than you remember it, LOL.
Nothing like a win, even if it's retrospective.

So basically a Bradford press, right?

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:36 am

MarkKO wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:17 am

Muscle Snatch
135 3 x 3 sets

PC + Strict Press
135 x 5 x 2 sets
155 x 5 x 6 sets

I am not sure. Is a Bradford Press back and forth from front to back, or just stopping at the ears? I have heard wildly different definitions... I do not stop at the ears, I touch traps or delts every rep.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:26 pm

Hardartery wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:36 am
MarkKO wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:17 am

Muscle Snatch
135 3 x 3 sets

PC + Strict Press
135 x 5 x 2 sets
155 x 5 x 6 sets

I am not sure. Is a Bradford Press back and forth from front to back, or just stopping at the ears? I have heard wildly different definitions... I do not stop at the ears, I touch traps or delts every rep.
I always figured a Bradford was back and forth with whatever ROM you could manage. But I may well be wrong.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:41 pm

4/27/22 260 lbs - dunno what that's about, but there it is
Lateral Raises - normal grip
50 x 5 x 9 sets
50 x 14 - failed on 15

Y Raises - superset overhand and neutral grips
50 x 5 each grip x 6 sets
Failed the last rep on neutral so did one extra overhand to complete the count.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:06 pm

4/29/22 262 lbs
Lying French Press - Z bar
105 x 5 x 6 sets
155 x 1

Rotating Triceps Extensions - DB
50 x 5 x 5 sets
2 hands 1 DB burnout after the 5th set, 10 reps. The last rep of the extensions before the burnout was cheaty so I'm calling it positive failure.

Reverse Curls - Z bar
105 x 5 x 5 sets

Reverse Flyes - complex with DB's
50 x 5 x 5 sets
Whole workout was 30 mins today. The Bro stuff goes really fast.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:24 pm

4/30/22 262 lbs
Deads
225 x 5 - DOH
315 x 3
405 x 2
495 x 1 - straps
585 - miss x 2
545 x miss
545 x 1 x 4 sets

Sumo
315 x 5 x 3 sets

I almost never do Sumo, so I really didn't know if that was going to be heavy or not. But I do suck at Sumo, so I should probably do it more. I used straps because I was actually gripping the smooth part of the bar, no knurling at all. They felt really light, but I barely finished the last set cause I just flat ran out of gas. I was dizzy after almost every single set of lifting today. Weird. The pulls pissed me off, but I know the strength is actually there. The problem is something else, the singles with 545 got easier each set and moved faster each time, even though the first ry didn't go and the second one was a fight. My body said "Oh hell no", but I stuck in and bam. So, I need to work up some singles for a while I think, and just do a progression with Sumos. Next session will almost certainly be in the US with different equipment unless I end up too tied up to lift while I am there again. I need to not have another layoff. It is surface of the sun hot, even though the sun was already gone, so that sucks but I'll be in SC in a few days.
Technique critique is appreciated, I don't really know what I'm doing with Sumo.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Tue May 24, 2022 7:51 am

Sunday 5/22 - haven't weighed myself in a few weeks
Just had to start doing something, these long breaks in lifting while I remodel stuff are killing me.

Lateral Raises
55 x 5 x 4 sets
75 x 5 x 3 sets - not full ROM here, that will take a couple of sessions to get with this weight

Floor Press
75 x 10 x 4 sets

Not much, but it was late at night. I acquired a weighted vest at an estate sale, it has pouches that you put the weights in which seem to be lead or something. I haven't figured out the weight, but not all of the pouches are full so I can probably buy more weights if I want. I paid $5 for it, so a cheap toy to experiment with. Got a 5'-0 Titan bar as well, for the wife. The knurling is mediocre at best, but good enough for what she will get up to. It was on Facebook Marketplace for $50. Hopefully I get up to more in the coming days.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Tue May 24, 2022 12:24 pm

Hardartery wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:51 am Sunday 5/22 - haven't weighed myself in a few weeks
Just had to start doing something, these long breaks in lifting while I remodel stuff are killing me.

Lateral Raises
55 x 5 x 4 sets
75 x 5 x 3 sets - not full ROM here, that will take a couple of sessions to get with this weight

Floor Press
75 x 10 x 4 sets

Not much, but it was late at night. I acquired a weighted vest at an estate sale, it has pouches that you put the weights in which seem to be lead or something. I haven't figured out the weight, but not all of the pouches are full so I can probably buy more weights if I want. I paid $5 for it, so a cheap toy to experiment with. Got a 5'-0 Titan bar as well, for the wife. The knurling is mediocre at best, but good enough for what she will get up to. It was on Facebook Marketplace for $50. Hopefully I get up to more in the coming days.
I would guess the weights are probably around two pounds each if they're similar to what I have.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Thu May 26, 2022 8:45 pm

5/25/22
245 x 3 x 6? sets.
Dunno, didn't count, just knocked out some light sets focussed on speed on the concentric.

& 5/26/22
335 x 3 x 5 sets, I think
Again, didn't really count, just knocked out sets between other painting parts of a vanity.
I am going for the idea of just knocking some out every day, I plan on additional other stuff as well. The set volume will drop with weight and the reps may too. Playing it by ear a little. The odd weights are because I have 100's on the bar as the base weight and adding 45's after that, until I am adding change instead of full wheels at some point. Nothing fancy here, just straight progression with volume attenuated by perceived recovery needs. And I am probably lifting in the 9PM to 12AM window most nights.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sat May 28, 2022 8:39 pm

5/28/22 265 lbs? - that's what I was just a minute agobefore my shower, probably lower in the morning
DL
335 x 3 - DOH
425 x 3 x 3 sets - first 2 reps were DOH, then I switched to mixed. My hands were wet, so, DOH was becoming problematic

DB Pullover thingies
75 lb x 5 x 4 sets
Single DB, two handed, hits a lot harder with pronated grip than neutral so maybe I switch to a bar for these.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sun May 29, 2022 8:34 pm

5/29/22
DL
425 x 3 - mixed grip
475 x 2 x 2 sets
In between painting things, so wet hands and late at night. Feeling a little trashed atm, too much work and not enough sleep but I'm getting close to done. Or at least done enough. Floor is in, Most of the trim is in. Kitchen is as in as I can get it until the remaining wall cabinets arrive, but that's just 3 cabinets to hang and all the countertops and base cabs are in. Wiring is done, at least for now. Laying out the tile in the shower, can probably start making my cuts tomorrow and it doesn't take long to stick tile once the cuts are done. A little touching up to the sheetrock here and there and then finish paint. Then I can relax a little I hope.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Tue May 31, 2022 9:33 am

5/31/22
DB Floor Press
75 x 12 x 3 sets

DL 475 x 2 x 2 sets mixed grip

Just doing stuff across the day, so my hands were wet from using the wet saw or washing out a brush on every single set. If I get to the bar with dry hands and maybe even get out the chalk, I'll go DOH on the pulls.
Side note, the wife found a CAP half-rack like the one Wilhelm Rogue one that Wilhelm uses, Facebook Marketplace, he accepted $100. I pick it up tonight, so first Squats in over 2 years coming up.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:17 am

5/31/22
DL 475 x 2 x 2 sets - mixed grip

The rack was still in the box, so I opened it up and assembled it last night. Worth every bit of $100. It's only rated for 600 lbs, but I am happy to have it to play with. It has band pegs on the sides as well, but I would have to bolt it down and I don't know where it's going to live yet as that space is still half full of stuff that needs to get unpacked and into the house.

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:12 am

Hardartery wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:17 amThe rack was still in the box, so I opened it up and assembled it last night. Worth every bit of $100.
So, basically brand new?