DB Side Raises
40 x 5
75 x 5 x 3 sets
40 x 15 x 2 sets

DB Front Raises - neutral grip
40 x 5
75 x 5 x 3 sets
40 x 15 x 2 sets

These are getting easier as well. Held for pause at the top and bottom of each rep with the 40's, waited for the swing to dissipate at the bottom with the 75's and tried to control the eccentric.

Hardartery

Re: Hardartery - Like Hypnotizin Chickens

Post by Hardartery » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:12 pm

6/21/22
DL
515 x 1 - mixed grip
Felt easy enough, didn't see gym angels but did get a little sideways afterwards. The plan is going good atm, pulling every day and it's getting easier. Zero DOMS from yesterday. Zero. I don't know if I'm disappointed by that, by I am often surprised at the total lack of soreness at 24 and 48 hours from most things. Even when I do drop sets and push to failure, which I technically did yesterday. I know I hit the same reps on all sets, but I only did two sets at the drop weight and I am sure I was being a little generous with the ROM fulfilment on the last one or two reps. There definitely were not more reps in the tank for the raises. The improvised JM Press however, soreness for two days. So, that is novel stimulus and should be in the rotation.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:49 am

6/21/22
DL
515 x 1 - mixed grip

MP - from rack
bar x 5
115 x 5
165 x 5 x 3 sets
Strict presses, paused at the delts, just feeling it and not pushing it too hard.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:07 pm

6/23/22

DL 515 x 1 - mixed grip. Don't lnow how I held it, the right hand was finger tips from about 6 inches off the floor to finish.

Squat
135 x 5 x 2 sets
225 x 5 x 2 sets
315 x 5 x 3? sets. Migt have been 4, or even 5.
Just taking the reps easy, paused most of them, adjusted position at the bottom on some, just getting the feel again. Low back and glutes and hips were all screwy for basically the entire session. I don't know if this is sciatica re-emerging as an issue, or what. Bought some glucosamine and took it, even though I am flying out in 6 days and have a bag of it in my apartment in Centtral America waiting for me to return to my routine. These were all just play weights on the Squats. I kinda, sorta, I think, hit a Low Bar position on the last one or two sets. The shoulder just doesn't like to let it happen, especially with an ordinary length bar.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:34 am

6/25/22
DB Floor Press
75 x 15 x 4 sets

DB JM Press
40 x 10
50 in one hand, 40 in the other x 10 x 2 sets (One each way)
40 x 10 - only pause was to change the 50 to a 40 and then keep going after the third set.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:15 am

6/25/22 Saturday
Pullovers? - whatever you call it when you lay down on your back and take the DB's (Or BB) from the floor to above you in an arc with straight arms
40 x 10 x 4 sets - supinated grip

OG JM Press w/ DB's
40 x 10 x 3 sets

Hammer Curls - everything is DB's. the following is set after set withour rest except the tie it takes to go set down a pair of DB's and pick up the next
40 x 10

Cross Body - this set is the exception, one arm at a time cuz I only have one 55
55 x 10

DB Curls
40 x 10
30 x 10
25 x 10
20 x 10
15 x 10
10 x 10
5 x 10
10 x 10
15 x 10
20 x 10
25 x 10
30 x 10
40 x 10
Didn't expect to make it back to 40's

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:25 am

Hardartery wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:15 am 6/25/22 Saturday
Pullovers? - whatever you call it when you lay down on your back and take the DB's (Or BB) from the floor to above you in an arc with straight arms
::nods::

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:09 pm

Monday 6/27/22
DL
335 x 3 - DOH
425 x 2
515 x 1 - straps
515 x 1 - add suit, straps down
565 x 1
585 x fail x 2
585 x fail no suit
Wild aggravation and anger kicked in here. In part because I was totally underestimating the weight, not that I should have missed at this weight ever. I am sure I was misgrooving the suit, and I am totally not used to the pressure. I do not enjoy that feeling at all, but I need to learn to use it if a suit is to help me lift more one day. Le sigh. Time to reprogram I think.

425 x 7 x 2 sets
Because I was pissed off so I threw in volume as a punishment for my uncooperative body. I do not enjoy the pain in my biceps tendons after the Brotacular arm workout a couple of days ago, but at least I now have a better idea of which tendon has been pissed off for the last 6 months.

MarkKO

Re: Hardartery - As Big As Your Mom

Post by MarkKO » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:34 am

Yep, pullovers.

Our training is starting to look similar, at least in respect of exercise selection.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:22 pm

MarkKO wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:34 am Yep, pullovers.

Our training is starting to look similar, at least in respect of exercise selection.
A big part of the difference between my lifting and other people's over the last 2 years is purely equipment access. My lifting is completely different when I can go to a gym or have access to some of my stuff in the US. I have, technically, everything to train Strongman spread over multiple locations in the US, I just can't get to it usually and haven't had the space to bring it all together for a while now. It is in use by buddies until the day I have to settle down permanently somewhere again. I goota admit though, I was watching the OSG livestream on the SBD channel today and feeling the pull to compete in way that I haven't felt in a long time. I feel like the events right now are structured towards my strengths, mostly, and I could have a lot of fun in the Master+ or Master 2 classes. I don't want to go to Giants Live, or World's for that matter, but a Regional or the big OSG in Florida woud be fun. I will be back at the local gym again soon, although I will still do stuff where I live. I just don't want to buy everything and try and make space for it where I am in Central America right now. I can go to a sweatbox gym a few blocks away for like $10 a month, which is great as far as I am concerned. A big rack of DB's, a Squat rack, and some benches. Just waiting for the pandemic dust to settle here, the latest strain is currently making the rounds and the symptoms are getting weird, but I think it's winding down to a fizzle pretty fast now. I am chomping at the bit to get after it, I feel better when I can really beat the stress out of myself instead of spending all day in Zoom meetings and confinement.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:27 pm

7/2/22 Saturday 269 lbs
Muscle Snatch
bar x 5
135 x 3 x 2 sets

Muscle Snatch to Press Away
135 x 5 x 7 sets
Slow eccentrics, paused on the chest, blowing it up as explosively as I could on the concentric. Shoulder mobility is getting a lot better.

Side Raises
50 x 10 x 3 sets
Slow eccentrics and a pause at the top.

I wanted to do some triceps stuff, but it's pissing down rain and there is apparently a leak in the roof over the porch now so I was lifting in a puddle that I didn't want to lay down in. Tomorrow is another day.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:24 pm

Hardartery wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:22 pm

A big part of the difference between my lifting and other people's over the last 2 years is purely equipment access. My lifting is completely different when I can go to a gym or have access to some of my stuff in the US. I have, technically, everything to train Strongman spread over multiple locations in the US, I just can't get to it usually and haven't had the space to bring it all together for a while now. It is in use by buddies until the day I have to settle down permanently somewhere again. I goota admit though, I was watching the OSG livestream on the SBD channel today and feeling the pull to compete in way that I haven't felt in a long time. I feel like the events right now are structured towards my strengths, mostly, and I could have a lot of fun in the Master+ or Master 2 classes. I don't want to go to Giants Live, or World's for that matter, but a Regional or the big OSG in Florida woud be fun. I will be back at the local gym again soon, although I will still do stuff where I live. I just don't want to buy everything and try and make space for it where I am in Central America right now. I can go to a sweatbox gym a few blocks away for like $10 a month, which is great as far as I am concerned. A big rack of DB's, a Squat rack, and some benches. Just waiting for the pandemic dust to settle here, the latest strain is currently making the rounds and the symptoms are getting weird, but I think it's winding down to a fizzle pretty fast now. I am chomping at the bit to get after it, I feel better when I can really beat the stress out of myself instead of spending all day in Zoom meetings and confinement.
I think I like having limited selection. It means I think less, and for powerlifting I really don't think its that important to have access to much. For me it's a time and recovery issue now. It looks like a standard week for me at work now is 0630 to 1700 Mon-Fri and 0630-1230 on Saturday and that means I get up at 0500 so I need to be asleep by 2200 or so if I want to be able to function. That doesn't leave me a huge amount of time to train per day and be able to actually do some housework and get an hour or so to relax, so it really helps to not be setting up more than one or two lifts and then doing the rest with the weighted vest. I won't even consider training more days than three because my recovery would tank. As it is I'm pushing the limits pretty hard in terms of what I can recover from, although I'm hoping that's just an adjustment phase combined with accumulated fatigue.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:39 pm

MarkKO wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:24 pm

I think I like having limited selection. It means I think less, and for powerlifting I really don't think its that important to have access to much. For me it's a time and recovery issue now. It looks like a standard week for me at work now is 0630 to 1700 Mon-Fri and 0630-1230 on Saturday and that means I get up at 0500 so I need to be asleep by 2200 or so if I want to be able to function. That doesn't leave me a huge amount of time to train per day and be able to actually do some housework and get an hour or so to relax, so it really helps to not be setting up more than one or two lifts and then doing the rest with the weighted vest. I won't even consider training more days than three because my recovery would tank. As it is I'm pushing the limits pretty hard in terms of what I can recover from, although I'm hoping that's just an adjustment phase combined with accumulated fatigue.
I like to train, I feel the need for activity and would lift every day if I could. I am adapting. I can lift more often if I try to keep it short and knock some reps instead of moving real weight, so I rotate a little now because I simply don't recover if I go to heavy too often. It's less of an issue here, where I don't do much physically otherwise, but in the US I was remodelling a house and frnakly it was doing me in to try and lift too. I did not have time for relaxing or anything else during that, and I hate living like that. Working til midnight and then trying to lift so that I can shower and get not enough sleep gets old real fast. I am discovering new thing about myself though. I never would have guessed how much my shoulders like reps, they are just getting warm when I would have been quitting because that's the volume where I start to run downhill on other stuff. Complete shock there. And don't tell the guy fighting for 16" arms, but that single down and up set of the dumbells (I think we called that a Pyramid when I was in highschool, now it's called something else I think) actually put a bit of a peak on my right arm that wasn't there before. I have avoided working bi's most of my life and am discovering that they respond way too much. I absolutely do not need the hassle of 20" arms again, nothing fits and I cannot live in tank tops and stringers realistically.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:52 pm

Hardartery wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:39 pm
MarkKO wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:24 pm

I like to train, I feel the need for activity and would lift every day if I could. I am adapting. I can lift more often if I try to keep it short and knock some reps instead of moving real weight, so I rotate a little now because I simply don't recover if I go to heavy too often. It's less of an issue here, where I don't do much physically otherwise, but in the US I was remodelling a house and frnakly it was doing me in to try and lift too. I did not have time for relaxing or anything else during that, and I hate living like that. Working til midnight and then trying to lift so that I can shower and get not enough sleep gets old real fast. I am discovering new thing about myself though. I never would have guessed how much my shoulders like reps, they are just getting warm when I would have been quitting because that's the volume where I start to run downhill on other stuff. Complete shock there. And don't tell the guy fighting for 16" arms, but that single down and up set of the dumbells (I think we called that a Pyramid when I was in highschool, now it's called something else I think) actually put a bit of a peak on my right arm that wasn't there before. I have avoided working bi's most of my life and am discovering that they respond way too much. I absolutely do not need the hassle of 20" arms again, nothing fits and I cannot live in tank tops and stringers realistically.
I like the results of training more than I do training but I don't generally find it an unpleasant experience. What enjoyment I derive from the moment of training is mostly from the knowledge that I have done something to generate results I want. I do enjoy achieving something I haven't before as well.

What I'm finding now is that I have zero room for error with sleep. I sleep much better since changing jobs because suddenly I don't have to worry about money; but I also am finding that one or two nights where I don't get to bed in time have a really serious impact for the remainder of the week. Like this week, Friday and Saturday night I lost maybe an hour sleep each and by Sunday I was done, even though it's the one day I don't work.

It's manageable, just something I need to adapt to. What's really good is that work is very rarely tedious, so the days usually go fast.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:23 pm

Tuesdaay 7/6/22
Yes, that's yesterday. It's my log and I'll procrastinate if I want to.
DL
135 x 3 - DOH
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3
455 x 1 - we'll call it a soft lockout, grip was going fast at the top
455 + red bands x 3 x 4 sets - straps
I think these are red, maybe they're pink. The tiniest EliteFTS minis.

Pullovers - floor - DB's per hand
50 x 10 x 4 sets

Hardartery

Hardartery - Exterminate Annihilate Destroy

Post by Hardartery » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:13 pm

7/7/22
Floor Press from blocks
135 x 10
225 x 10 x 4 sets

JM Press - pointer on the knurl but at the line of smooth
135 x 6 x 4 sets
May have not quite done these right, should have recorded. Gonna put it on Youtube next time for critique.

Curls - EZ Curl bar
105 x 10 x 3 sets

Cross Body Curls - DBs
50 x 10 x 3 sets

Started a siperset of something else but had to run out after the first set so it doesn't count.

Hardartery

Re: Hardartery - Exterminate Annihilate Destroy

Post by Hardartery » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:21 pm

Friday 7/8/22
Y Raises
50 x 10 x 3 sets
Took a little sit down here, calcium apparently went in the basement and I had to take some powder and wait for it to kick in. Couldn't even walk straight and the forearms were lit, which is a bad sign. The heat seems to kick me in the nads as far as calcium levels go. Gotta start taking it pre-workout again I guess.

Cross Body DB Tricep Extensions
50 x 10 x 3 sets
I couldn't fall down while lying on my back, so I did these and then called it a day.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:24 pm

I'm guessing the heat causes more sweat and that's where you lose the calcium?

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:53 pm

MarkKO wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:24 pm I'm guessing the heat causes more sweat and that's where you lose the calcium?
That was my guess, but it was at least this hot in SC and I was working physically, sweating quite a lot, s I am not sure. I am more sedentary here, for the moment, but that is slowly changing back to pre-pandemic. Really slowly. But I used to get in several miles a day walking just in the course of my day, and quite a few hours of direct sunlight exposure on my arms, face and neck. I don't believe in sunscreen and need the vitamin D anyway. Don't know. It's weird. I was stable here for the last year, mostly, maybe a little more than a year. I was stable while in the US. Now I'm hypocalcemic and it's problematic. I can supplement, and do, but prefer to be back to not needing it. I may just be doomed to at least take it pre-workout for the rest of my life. A little factoid, it should be taken 30 minutes pre-workout, give or take a little, to be most effective. During the workout or post workout is just pissing in the ocean. There are some studies with that conclusion, and my real life tends to back them up.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:56 pm

7/12/22
Muscle Snatch for warmups

Muscle Snatch to Press Away
135 x 3
155 x 5 x 7 sets

Pouring rain, has been pretty much every day so I haven't ventured up to replace the damage roof panel over the porch area. This isn't supposed to be the rainy season so a big thanks to climate change for screwing with my workout programming.