Kregna

Re: Martha Rogers Thread

Post by Kregna » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:12 am

Weightlifting women are silly hot

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:38 pm

How the fuck is "Mattie" short for Martha? For fuck's sake, it's the same number of letters!

Mattie = either Mattias or Matilda.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:59 am

DirtyRed wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:38 pm How the fuck is "Mattie" short for Martha? For fuck's sake, it's the same number of letters!

Mattie = either Mattias or Matilda.
Does it matter? If she told you to call her Odin’s Phallus, you’d likely oblige.

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:09 pm

DR respects the game and he ain't gunna oblige no gimmick stealing. Odin's Phallus is Chase's gimmick.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:30 pm

DirtyRed wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:09 pm DR respects the game and he ain't gunna oblige no gimmick stealing. Odin's Phallus is Chase's gimmick.
mad respeck

ShuggyBear

Post by ShuggyBear » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:40 pm

Kregna wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:12 am Weightlifting women are silly hot
Indeed they are. If you haven't seen Kristin "Glutes" Pope, here is her youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMuy0X ... zKleGdSsMw

stuffedsuperdud

Post by stuffedsuperdud » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:48 pm

Perhaps I am late to the party but it seems Mattie Rogers just confirmed the existence of a boyfriend. He pulls sumo yet is the chosen one who gets to go to the promised land so what the fuck does that make the rest of us pieces of shit? MBasic: suicide pact? Let's do it.

LexAnderson
small whoopie mouse

Post by LexAnderson » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:52 am

stuffedsuperdud wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:48 pm Perhaps I am late to the party but it seems Mattie Rogers just confirmed the existence of a boyfriend. He pulls sumo yet is the chosen one who gets to go to the promised land so what the fuck does that make the rest of us pieces of shit? MBasic: suicide pact? Let's do it.
I pull sumo...so I have a chance!!!

Kregna

Post by Kregna » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:23 am

stuffedsuperdud wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:48 pm Perhaps I am late to the party but it seems Mattie Rogers just confirmed the existence of a boyfriend. He pulls sumo yet is the chosen one who gets to go to the promised land so what the fuck does that make the rest of us pieces of shit? MBasic: suicide pact? Let's do it.
A lot of these girls have guys who aren't strong (not because he lifts sumo, but because I saw him on insta story and does he even lift?). Look at who was previously the holy grail of weightlifting women: https://www.instagram.com/allisonnyc/

Her boyf/partner is a crossfitter I believe

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:32 am

Kregna wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:23 am
A lot of these girls have guys who aren't strong (not because he lifts sumo, but because I saw him on insta story and does he even lift?). Look at who was previously the holy grail of weightlifting women: https://www.instagram.com/allisonnyc/

Her boyf/partner is a crossfitter I believe

Titty tattoos and waxed eyebrows. Ruff N Tuff!!!

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:10 am

eh... I mostly 'like' her because she is (considered) "good" lifting wise . . .
"good" in the context of US lifters lifting in the US, the way US lifters lift, ya know.

I'm not necessarily overly attracted to her, or her type of persona.
I'll say she's one of the least irritating female US lifters. So bonus points for that.

She better do something impressive at Worlds, like 110/140, or I'm jumping off the bandwagon.
*laces up jumping shoes*

Kregna

Post by Kregna » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:07 am

mbasic wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:10 am
"good" in the context of US lifters lifting in the US, the way US lifters lift, ya know.

I'll say she's one of the least irritating female US lifters. So bonus points for that.

She better do something impressive at Worlds, like 110/140, or I'm jumping off the bandwagon.
*laces up jumping shoes*
I find her hair creepy (the weird bun where it still hangs down), so also with you on liking from a lifting point of view

Hunter Elam is my instagram crush :

https://www.instagram.com/_hunterelam/

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:30 am

Kregna wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:07 am
mbasic wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:10 am

*laces up jumping shoes*
I find her hair creepy (the weird bun where it still hangs down), so also with you on liking from a lifting point of view

Hunter Elam is my instagram crush :

https://www.instagram.com/_hunterelam/
One of god's most awesome creations is the female Chinese weightlifter IMO.
. . . not a in a weird creepy sexual way.
. . . . but like how I view how perfect a shark is, for what it does.

ShuggyBear

Post by ShuggyBear » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:54 pm

The Chinese should be good, they are hand picked and groomed for it starting at age 4 or 5. (sometimes younger)
I'll stick with the American girls, especially when they are wearing watermelon shorts. :D

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:40 pm

Daniella Melo

So much more to come from her.

Yeah, i know. Powerlifter. Don't care.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:15 am

ShuggyBear wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:54 pm I'll stick with the American girls, especially when they are wearing watermelon shorts. :D
Not a fan of Pope.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:06 am

mbasic wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:15 am
ShuggyBear wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:54 pm I'll stick with the American girls, especially when they are wearing watermelon shorts. :D
Not a fan of Pope.
I'd agree. Her overall technique doesn't seem to be much better than what can be found in an average XFit gym.

Speaking of technique, Valentin looks dialed in. Like a robot. It's impressive.

Kregna

Post by Kregna » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:45 am

mgil wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:06 am
mbasic wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:15 am
Not a fan of Pope.
I'd agree. Her overall technique doesn't seem to be much better than what can be found in an average XFit gym.

Speaking of technique, Valentin looks dialed in. Like a robot. It's impressive.
Really? I've only just heard of her but apart from a couple of stumbles, I'm not seeing what's so bad about her lifts:

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:57 am

Kregna wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:45 amReally? I've only just heard of her but apart from a couple of stumbles, I'm not seeing what's so bad about her lifts: {video}
I'm being overly harsh. Her technique is getting better, it seems, but probably not soon/fast enough. Shug likes to look at her booty, which is good.

There is something that seems to be lacking in the lifts I've seen on IG, probably a lack of velocity between transitions on the snatch, IIRC.