Martha Rogers Thread

Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

mbasic

Re: Martha Rogers Thread

Post by mbasic » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:29 am

re: chinese racks/stands.
Its funny too in a way, because those stands are real expensive.
There's actually a lot to them. The four legs are telescopic.
Those wood blocks are actually tapered downhill a bit,
in such a you can actually slide plates onto the bar with them getting bound up.

The stands make sense really, (Martha's simple squat stands).
You can just turn a platform station into a squat "area" right quick.
You don't need safeties, not for these type of lifters.
The rarely miss a squat, if so, you just bail . . .its not a big deal.

. . . a traditional squat cage permanently ties up an area.
If you are going to "tie up" are area, that you would do with a set of jerk stands, or tables.
Not with a rack/cage you don't need.

re: Martha's squats
She did 140x10 once.
I know 1RM-est'd calculators get fuzzy with higher reps . . . and maybe with women too.
But that equals about a 405# squat for one.

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:41 pm

I would stop following the fool, but I'm actually enjoying my anger.

She was posting something about doing "no hook/no feet" snatches for dat dem dere TECHNICAL PRECISION. I assume "no hook" means not hook gripping. Which seems COMPLETELY fucking idiotic, akin to a golfer that normally uses an overlapping grip practicing No Overlap for an afternoon. But what do I know?

But what the fuck is a "no foot" snatch? Is that a snatch where you consciously don't extend your ankles at the top of the pull or something, thereby keeping your feet more passive?

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:14 pm

DirtyRed wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:41 pm I would stop following the fool, but I'm actually enjoying my anger.

She was posting something about doing "no hook/no feet" snatches for dat dem dere TECHNICAL PRECISION. I assume "no hook" means not hook gripping. Which seems COMPLETELY fucking idiotic, akin to a golfer that normally uses an overlapping grip practicing No Overlap for an afternoon. But what do I know?

But what the fuck is a "no foot" snatch? Is that a snatch where you consciously don't extend your ankles at the top of the pull or something, thereby keeping your feet more passive?
I think “no foot” means no jump or the feet stay in contact with the floor.

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:38 pm

mgil wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:14 pm
DirtyRed wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:41 pm I would stop following the fool, but I'm actually enjoying my anger.

This.
No hook is meant to limit grip so you can't get as much acceleration at the top of the pull. My understanding of that is that it forces you to get under the bar quicker. Less "technical precision" and more speed training.

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:00 am

damufunman wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:38 pm

This.
No hook is meant to limit grip so you can't get as much acceleration at the top of the pull. My understanding of that is that it forces you to get under the bar quicker. Less "technical precision" and more speed training.
I really hope that's not the case. That would be largely defeated by the fact that she was power snatching the weight she was using.

And it would be just hideously retarded to PRACTICE PULLING SLOWER.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:56 pm

No hook , no feet snatches make you use your arms more than normal.... straightens bar path...and what damnman said, forces a deliberate pulling under.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:00 pm

What would dirtyreds Oly program look like???

Skwat Dem fives

Snatch max erry day

CnJ max erry day

Deadlift 5rm

Rinse and Repeat 8 days a week

Collect teh medals

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:10 pm

mbasic wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:00 pm Collect teh medals
(technically, shut up)

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:11 pm

mbasic wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:00 pm What would dirtyreds Oly program look like???

Skwat Dem fives

Snatch max erry day

CnJ max erry day

Deadlift 5rm

Rinse and Repeat 8 days a week

Collect teh medals
I thought it was determined there were 11 days in a week (ab day, quad day, hamstring/glute day, lower back day, upper back day, calves day, biceps day, triceps day, deltoids day, neck day, pectoralis day).

Oh well. That leaves three days for lots and lots of steroids. Because you ARE trying to win weight divisions that matter right? Not get bronze in the women's bantam weight after every competent lifter got b& for breaking the One Rule.

And you forgot the limbo press. I might also do some hang snatch/cleans if I wanted to practice getting under a weight really quick in a manner that conditions me to pull HARDER at the top of the pull, rather than wimpier.

ALSO, I checked. Apparently they don't keep state records in Olympic style lifting.

Which makes me the record holder for all of it in Kentucky. World Kentucky Champion, bitches!

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:13 pm

DirtyRed wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:00 am
damufunman wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:38 pm

This.
I really hope that's not the case. That would be largely defeated by the fact that she was power snatching the weight she was using.

And it would be just hideously retarded to PRACTICE PULLING SLOWER.
https://www.allthingsgym.com/snatch-wit ... -movement/

SeanHerbison
Zercher Pro

Post by SeanHerbison » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:17 am

stuffedsuperdud wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:25 pmOn a lighter note, anyone see Mattie's boyfriend and the shirt he was rocking?
I didn't read the username before reading the post, and it turns out with SSD I don't need to.
DirtyRed wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:17 pmbecause I am fast and precise like a panicked yak.
Or with DR, for that matter.
DirtyRed wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:41 pmI'm actually enjoying my anger.
Speaking of which, I have never seen a post that more succinctly summarizes the poster's writing style.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:30 am

(trying trigger DR; soooo much wrong with this post/pic)

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:16 pm

Actually "adding more food to my diet" sounds like a positive. Maybe it'll help her snatch deadlift more than 75 lbs. But what really pisses me off, and I can't believe I didn't register this before now, is how she has, like, seven fucking "s"es at the end of her goddamn handle.

LOL SO WACKY AND RANDUM!1!!eleven!

Add her to the list.

michael
Young Padawan

Post by michael » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:24 pm

Is that a wrist strap tattoo?

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:06 pm

Look at this shit. Just throwing protein powder everywhere, wasting it and shit.

Move her up the list!

PatrickDB
Have you read this study?

Post by PatrickDB » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:49 pm

I don't understand the tattoo on her ankle.

Manveer
M3N4C3

Post by Manveer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:37 pm

Elbows too pointy 2/10

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:58 am

so the this Albinian woman got popped for PEDs.
http://www.tiranatimes.com/?p=135408
She'll likely get stripped of medals at Worlds.....69kg class.

once it all settles Mattie moves up from bronze to silver.
In the total, and a silver snatch medal too.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
oh, and this --->

I'm sure this will end well.

PatrickDB
Have you read this study?

Post by PatrickDB » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:47 am

Jeez.

Question from someone who knows nothing about competitive weightlifting: why are the lifters so bad at cheating? Wouldn't it be relatively riskless and effective to just disappear for 1-2 years, inject a ton of testosterone, go off it, and reap the benefits of a permanently increased myonuclei/muscle fiber (?) count?

I realize there's sometimes random out of competition testing, so just do this before declaring for that, whatever.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:18 am

PatrickDB wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:47 am Jeez.

Question from someone who knows nothing about competitive weightlifting: why are the lifters so bad at cheating? Wouldn't it be relatively riskless and effective to just disappear for 1-2 years, inject a ton of testosterone, go off it, and reap the benefits of a permanently increased myonuclei/muscle fiber (?) count?

I realize there's sometimes random out of competition testing, so just do this before declaring for that, whatever.
whats supposed to happen . . .is you have to register in the testing pool 1 year before comp (maybe its 6 months), before you can compete.
So that they can pull OOC (out of competition) tests on you.
This is supposed kinda sorta thwart that strategy.
But it doesn't work well. And there is not enough out of comp testing going on.

but yeah, what you sorta outline above is happening, but on different more protracted time frames, and while the lifters are youths before they even compete. Several Russian and Kazah FEMALE lifters got busted as young as 15-17 y.o. IIRC.

Some lifters who got 2 and 4 year bans have been able to "disappear" for a while (aka blasting) and then magically reappear on scene. . . .
and actually records/won world meets while coming back right off of a ban. . . . bigger numbers than the number they put up while they were busted/doping the first time. Hilarious.