Slow Cooker Thread

Recipes and such

Moderator: d0uevenlift

StrongDan

Slow Cooker Thread

Post by StrongDan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:44 am

Post any and all of your favorite slow cooker recipes here.
Slow cookers have been a life saver during busy weeks where cooking takes too much time and eating out costs too much money. Post some of your favorite recipes to help inspire those with a hectic schedule.

ObiWanJabroni

Re: Slow Cooker Thread

Post by ObiWanJabroni » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:10 am

I've made variations of this recipe. Usually get about 4 meals out of it.

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:56 am

ObiWanJabroni wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:10 am I've made variations of this recipe. Usually get about 4 meals out of it.
Fuck that guy was annoying

neandrewthal

Post by neandrewthal » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:39 pm

Thought this sad thread needed some help (and I need help too because I am a sad individual who can't partake in barbecue or smoking)

It was a life-changer for me when I realised you could make slow cooker carnitas with pork loin instead of a shoulder in a bucket of lard. I needed something else to do with pork loins as they are the best value meat I can get. On par with chicken (with bones) and WAY better than beef which I hardly ever eat.

I roughly used this recipe: https://40aprons.com/paleo-carnitas-whole30-crockpot/
I don't care about paleo or whole 30 I just thought it looked good.

Prepped the day before and added the lime and orange juice and started cooking first thing in the morning. It made my whole house smell like garlic in the meantime every time I opened the fridge:

Completely swimming in juice but that's ok because the finer you shred it the more liquid it will reabsorb:

Still kind of soupy but that's still ok because the liquid will reduce and intensify the flavor during the mandatory crisping:

That's more like it:

Was too lazy to make corn tortillas and don't laugh at my silly half tortillas because the small ones cost nearly as much for way less. They actually fold up into a handy cone shape this way. I also can't make my own my own salsa verde (wah wah, tomatillos are too $$$ fucking cheap-ass) so I thought I would try this "green sauce". It's ok but it adds to the saltiness instead of acting as a foil to the saltiness of the pork so I had to add some pineapple chunks too:

Culican

Post by Culican » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:05 pm

It may be the lead in the El Yucateco that gives it it's flavor.

https://grist.org/food/lead-in-hot-sauce/

Having said that, I have a bottle on my table right now.

neandrewthal

Post by neandrewthal » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Hmm, I have 4 different varieties of Yucateco. Maybe that's how I'm gaining weight unintentionally.