The Montana Method, or That thing Hanley's doing with those people.

Offering services? Make a post. Be clear and concise.

The administrators and moderators make no money from services offered here.

No warranties or guarantees made nor implied.

Moderators: mgil, Chebass88

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Re: The Montana Method, or That thing Hanley's doing with those people.

Post by Hanley » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:33 am

Hey Folks,

I'm opening up 5 slots for 8-week "guided template" programming (I haven't taken on "template-based" clients in quite while) for the Summer.

The template will include 2 weeks of ramp-up (getting adjusted to the sorta odd session design and somewhat high-ish volumes)...then 6 weeks of either 3-4 weekly sessions. You choose a squat or pull priority and bench or press priority. There's some assistance work, but the template prioritizes the major compound movements. Basic HIIT, MIIT and/or LISS slots are optional. I'd categorize it as "general strength and conditioning" (The classification of "hypertrophy", "strength" or "powerbuilding" seems pretty arbitrary to me).

You can't be detrained and you should have a pretty good idea of a training maxes. The template is not appropriate for folks on a caloric deficit.

PM if interested or if you have questions.

Oh, it's $100 for the 8-weeks.

OCG

Post by OCG » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:31 pm

Damn. I have a comp coming up, then after I'm going to cut. So I'd want to do that... in about 8 weeks.

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:08 pm

I'm opening up 5 slots for a 12-week program.

3 weeks of base-building or "hypertrophy with a work-capacity bias" (relatively fewer sets of high fatigue).

6 weeks of hypertrophy that increasingly biases toward strength (this looks like HVLF (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2422) that morphs into regular moderately-heavy work.

Then 3 weeks of "strength-skill" with an option to peak and test any/all lifts in the 12th week.

The focus is the main lifts, but prioritizing variations is fine (hex bar deads or SSB, for example) and there's room for bro work and a few weekly conditioning slots if you'd like. There's some wiggle-room for customization (days per week, secondary/tertiary movements of choice, etc).

These "semi-custom, coached-templates" basically consolidate my lessons learned and best-practices from coaching/programming from the prior year. I'll be reviewing vids 2x/week for (primary) load selections...but can also help tweak mechanics.

DM if interested. $200 for 12 weeks.

gtl

Post by gtl » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:52 am

Hanley wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:08 pm I'm opening up 5 slots for a 12-week program.

3 weeks of base-building or "hypertrophy with a work-capacity bias" (relatively fewer sets of high fatigue).

6 weeks of hypertrophy that increasingly biases toward strength (this looks like HVLF (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2422) that morphs into regular moderately-heavy work.

Then 3 weeks of "strength-skill" with an option to peak and test any/all lifts in the 12th week.

The focus is the main lifts, but prioritizing variations is fine (hex bar deads or SSB, for example) and there's room for bro work and a few weekly conditioning slots if you'd like. There's some wiggle-room for customization (days per week, secondary/tertiary movements of choice, etc).

These "semi-custom, coached-templates" basically consolidate my lessons learned and best-practices from coaching/programming from the prior year. I'll be reviewing vids 2x/week for (primary) load selections...but can also help tweak mechanics.

Dang, very much interested in this after I settle back in at work and figure out how to juggle everything with the new baby. I

OCG

Post by OCG » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:59 am

Hanley wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:08 pm I'm opening up 5 slots for a 12-week program.

Dang. I've got the time and money, but right now I'm trying to cut and seriously up the cardio.