Instagram

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

JohnHelton

Re: Instagram

Post by JohnHelton » Thu May 28, 2020 12:44 pm

Same.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Thu May 28, 2020 1:20 pm

PC wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:35 am My IG handle is @PCLifts, I'll be posting form checks and PRs as they come up.
bump

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:50 am

JohnHelton wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:37 am
Wilhelm wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:48 pm Hey nOObs

What's your IG?
bump.
Bumps

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:59 am

Not finding this by googling, except using the IG camera button.
I'd rather not mess around with that if possible, as i have my system down for editing my clips using my camera (or crappy tablet cam while i await the arrival of my replacement for my recently deceased camera.)

Can you merge already edited clips into one slide within the IG app while uploading them?

I seem to recall and infinity button next to the one i tap to add slides.
I'll play around with this later when i have some clips, but if anyone knows, that will save me the fumbling around.

I'm not keen on adding another step with separate editing software.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:24 am

Wilhelm wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:59 am Not finding this by googling, except using the IG camera button.
I'd rather not mess around with that if possible, as i have my system down for editing my clips using my camera (or crappy tablet cam while i await the arrival of my replacement for my recently deceased camera.)

Can you merge already edited clips into one slide within the IG app while uploading them?

I seem to recall and infinity button next to the one i tap to add slides.
I'll play around with this later when i have some clips, but if anyone knows, that will save me the fumbling around.

I'm not keen on adding another step with separate editing software.
The only thing I know of in IG that does merging is the “reels” feature.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:52 am

Thanks, @mgil

Turns out it's hella easy in InShot.
Just select/tap clips in order, then save the group.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:45 pm

JohnHelton wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:37 am
Wilhelm wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:48 pm Hey nOObs

What's your IG?
bump.
Double bump

allPrimes

Post by allPrimes » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:16 am

@allPrimes here.

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:41 pm

So...

Instagram is completely new to me.

I finally bit the bullet and created an account. It wouldn't allow me to use a phone number, so I used my primary email address instead. Among the people it recommended that I follow, I came across one of my former bosses. She most definitely does not lift, so it's a little weird. If I can see her, can she see me too?

Does it "read" your contacts or something and then check to see if any of them have an account you might be interested in? I could've sworn I was like, "No Instagram, you cannot have access to my contacts," when I signed up. It's no great harm, but I've currently got a creepy-ass boss; I dunno how I feel about her seeing me being human and stuff.

And I can't see my arms at the top of any overhead press videos. I can't help but think I'm fucking up somehow (I didn't crop anything).

I feel like a tech dunce.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:58 pm

Renascent wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:41 pm So...

I finally bit the bullet and created an account. It wouldn't allow me to use a phone number, so I used my primary email address instead. Among the people it recommended that I follow, I came across one of my former bosses. She most definitely does not lift, so it's a little weird. If I can see her, can she see me too?

Does it "read" your contacts or something and then check to see if any of them have an account you might be interested in? I could've sworn I was like, "No Instagram, you cannot have access to my contacts," when I signed up. It's no great harm, but I've currently got a creepy-ass boss; I dunno how I feel about her seeing me being human and stuff.

And I can't see my arms at the top of any overhead press videos. I can't help but think I'm fucking up somehow (I didn't crop anything).

Find your settings. (little cog icon iirc) And you can set your account to private.

If your boss stumbled on your account, yes, she could see your posts if left public.
They do a people you may know, or recommended for you thing.
I view IG mostly on my PC, so stuff is in different places.

Private account is maybe slightly a hassle.
Only in that when someone wants to follow you, you get a notification and have to approve or ignore.
I like it because when it's a bot or spammer, i can just block them outright.
And otherwise you can accumulate followers and not always know it.

If you don't care about the boss you could leave it public.
It's easy to change back and forth.
Like if you know someone if going to follow you, you could set it public and change it back after.
People figure it out, and the notification is automatic if they hit the follow button.

I don't know about the contacts stuff, because i don't use or own a smartphone.
I just upload with a tablet on my home wifi

I believe there is a button for framing somewhere on the image as you are uploading.
When i shift my PC to mobil view to load a still pic, it appears in the lower left.
Like and expand icon looking thing.

Good luck with all of that, i'm not familiar with much of the functionality on a device.
I figured out direct messages lol.

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:36 pm

Wilhelm wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:58 pm
Renascent wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:41 pm So...

Find your settings. (little cog icon iirc) And you can set your account to private.

If your boss stumbled on your account, yes, she could see your posts if left public.
They do a people you may know, or recommended for you thing.
I view IG mostly on my PC, so stuff is in different places.

Private account is maybe slightly a hassle.
Only in that when someone wants to follow you, you get a notification and have to approve or ignore.
I like it because when it's a bot or spammer, i can just block them outright.
And otherwise you can accumulate followers and not always know it.

If you don't care about the boss you could leave it public.
It's easy to change back and forth.
Like if you know someone if going to follow you, you could set it public and change it back after.
People figure it out, and the notification is automatic if they hit the follow button.

I don't know about the contacts stuff, because i don't use or own a smartphone.
I just upload with a tablet on my home wifi

I believe there is a button for framing somewhere on the image as you are uploading.
When i shift my PC to mobil view to load a still pic, it appears in the lower left.
Like and expand icon looking thing.

Good luck with all of that, i'm not familiar with much of the functionality on a device.
I figured out direct messages lol.
I was gonna keep it public, but then my sister-in-law's ex came up as a recommendation (an absolute nope for me) not too long ago.

I feel like such a Luddite -- social media is as weird as I've always heard, and then some.

I'm gonna fiddle around with that framing thing some more. I think I can blame my phone for some of the navigation issues I'm having.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:12 pm

Bump

Any newbs wanna share their IG?

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:09 pm

Wilhelm wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:12 pm Bump

Any newbs wanna share their IG?
I rejoined IG. @AYearInStrength (name is from a project I'm working on).

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:38 pm

If anyone wants to follow my mediocre adventures in lifting, and hasn’t done so already, my public lifting account is sdf_one_barbell

acelticmonk

Post by acelticmonk » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:00 pm

I split off my lifting IG over to @liftingpat. General shenanigans still on @patl.

It's pretty stale now, but I'll refresh it along the way.