MJH KID-SPORTS ARE AWFUL LOG

A place to track your progress, or lack thereof

Moderator: Chebass88

mbasic

Re: MJH KID-SPORTS ARE AWFUL LOG

Post by mbasic » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:51 am

oh, this is a good one:
(some backstory: Basha was/is a Vball powerhouse in years past)
The Basha HS volleyball program parted ways with head coach Justine Spann on Wednesday night. The move — technically a result of Basha asking Spann to resign — was announced in a meeting between parents and athletic director Eric Magaña. Spann will be replaced by the program’s junior varsity coach, Bryan Meyer.

Spann had been placed on administrative leave earlier in the week following a slew of allegations that included verbal abuse, body shaming and inappropriate social media posts, according to four parents who spoke with The Republic. The parents were granted anonymity in order to protect their daughters.

Because of the culture fostered under Spann, an unprecedented 23 girls elected not to return to the program this year, not including graduated seniors. Those girls were members of the varsity, junior varsity and freshmen teams last season.

Justine Spann during her time as a high school volleyball player at Basha.
Spann took over the head coaching role last season after her mother, Terri Cox-Spann, left just one year after leading Basha to the 2019 6A state championship. Justine Spann graduated from Basha in 2016 before playing four years at Colorado and one year of beach volleyball at Grand Canyon.
full stop !
wait, nepotism + hiring a 24 y.o. head varsity coach?
what could possibly go wrong?

At the time of her hiring, Magaña described Spann as “focused, driven, and good for young adults.” Soon, though, a different picture began to emerge. “There was no coaching going on,” one parent said. “The majority of what was being said to the girls was to demean and belittle them. I think they thought that that would make them perform better.”

Added another parent: “Degrading, demeaning, demoralizing comments to the girls, about the girls, often in front of their teammates, pertaining to their volleyball skill, their looks, their character. All in an effort to embarrass and harass — outright bullying.”

On multiple occasions, Spann demeaned players because of their weight.

At tournaments, she told players they “were not going to be consuming any more food because they had had enough.” And in games, she told players that were late to the ball that they “may have gotten it if they weren’t so heavy.”
This part is interesting. Spann herself, at "playing weight", isn't/wasn't exactly thin or svelte herself....
(she looks even heavier now)

It would be interesting to see if all of the other shit hadn't happened here, if this weight shaming thing would've still been a problem.
Being a performance based guy myself, if those girls are looking a little chunky....
...well, they are in fact not going to be as fast, as quick, or can jump as high if they were a lighter weight.
....and we're talking about a lighter-healthier-weight vs. overly-fat. Easier on your joints too.

Looking at the team on twitter .... there's only one girl who's 'heavy'. They look fine weight wise to me.
More on this later.

There was also name calling, which included slurs and profanity.

And, according to one parent, when Spann didn’t believe that a group of players was taking post-game ice baths at home, she required that they send pictures of themselves in the baths — which means high school age girls were sending pictures of themselves in sports bras to their coach’s personal phone number.
...I have no words.

The team pic on twitter is awful.
The coach in question here, is seen doing a faux-cheek-kiss with one of the team/students.
The larger theme, though, was a culture of belittling players. One parent went so far as to compile a list of insulting remarks delivered by Spann as she anticipated the situation would worsen throughout the season — as it did.

Those quotes included the following:

“You are completely irrelevant on the court.”

“Leave her. Let her have her mentally weak moment.”

“You serve like a 5-year-old.”

“If we were in practice, I would have mentally broken you down by now. You’re lucky it’s senior night.”

Because of complaints from parents, the administration held meetings with Spann and put her on an improvement plan going into her second year. To many parents, though, that wasn’t enough.

“To our shock and utter disappointment, the same coaching staff returned this season,” one parent said.

Another described the decision for Spann to return as “unfathomable.”

A third saw it as favoritism because of her connections within the district, through her mother and others.

In early practices this season, Spann’s pattern of behavior continued. Rather than recognizing her missteps when 23 girls left the program, she “was very angry about that,” according to one parent.

The final straw for the administration came earlier this week when Spann posted a video to her public Instagram and TikTok accounts. In the video, Spann — who is Black — sang along to a sexually explicit song using the word N-word.
This seems weird. I'm surprised they went here .... and/or this^ was the 'final straw'.

Culican

Post by Culican » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:12 am

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:03 pm

Culican wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:12 am The school still has her bio up.
https://www.bashavolleyball.com/teams/d ... chID=19931
Schools are terrible keeping up with their various web pages and social media platforms. There's just way too much going on.

Our school had a new track coach for 1 year, and they did not update this info in about 3 different places until recently.

But yeah, you'd think a scandal like that they would want to do a mind eraser of sorts ASAP.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:15 am

8-18-2022 THURs.

FB Practice after school. Tomorrow is a scrimmage against another team, so it was an (another) easy walk thru.
Him and some buds lifted after, a full quick full body thing.

=======================

8-19-2022 FRI

Scrimmage. Caught a long TD at back of the end zone.
Jet sweep yielded 15 yards or so ....

========================

8-20-2022 SAT

Upper Body; Rest for legs

BENCH: 145x8x3
CHIN UPS: 10,9,7
MATRIX SHOULDER PRESS: 100x10x3
NG LAT PULLDOWN: 100x10x4
LTE strict
HAMMER DB CURLS
FOREARM THING

Went home and used the juggs machine some.
I tried to implore how important it was to catch every damn ball possible....
....as it appears the coach wants to run more than pass; there won't be many opportunities.

Yeah, there's a weird dynamic. Last year's 2nd string QB is a senior this year.
Last year, he had to QB about 5 full games because our starter busted his ankle.
He's a taller, huskier kid, who CAN throw it ....but doesn't move well.
The coach-staff has his younger brother in at QB...he's only a sophomore, and more a WR/TE type.
So that's creating a bunch of political drama behind the scenes.

=========================

8-21-2022 SUN.

At MsqHS Track: (3) 20m flys, so-so times

At Gym:

TRAP BAR DEADLIFT, HH: 270x3; 310x3x3
superset with
BOX JUMPS: 5s x 3r

WALKING DB LUNGES: 35x6x3

LEG CURL: xxx x 10x4

STANDING CABLE HIP FLEXION THING: ### x10x3

HYPER EXTENSIONS on GHR: 1x20

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:09 am

Something terrible happened at a quasi-rival school.

Apparently, a football kid on the team died .... everyone is hush hush about what happened.
People are saying suicide, but that makes no sense ... as its sort of acceptable and not really shameful
and you would think the parents would want to "get the message out there" about "mental health" with youth kids
and whole thing. Same goes for drug overdose. Wasn't a car wreck .... weird.

Anyways, I became aware of it thru social media, and made our AD aware .... I suggested maybe we paint his number
on our field when we host that team or something this year. He liked that ....

===========================

8-22-2022 MON. FB Practice as normal.
Quite a bit of gassers 1/2-gassers at the end.

There was some talk after Sat's film session to start doing a mile run after those
days to "get in shape further" or whatever?!?!?!
After todays practice, two kids were seen running laps by themselves.
I asked the boy if they were in trouble.....he said they were running the aforementioned mile on their own.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:23 am

8-23-2022 TUES.

FB Practice.
The conditioning might have been tougher than the previous day.

8-24-2022 WED.

FB Practice. It was easy, so he said he wanted to lift.
Weird, toward the end of practice the Trainer "took his resting heart rate",
and then told him "it was a little high" and therefore he should "take it easy" at the end during conditioning.

I asked him what the number was, MJH said the Trainer didn't give the numbers out ....that "it" was just "high".
I asked him if the Trainer had ever taken his heart rate prior to this....he said no.

So....what's baseline? what's higher than normal? What's resting rate?

INCLINE: 135x8,8,7 (surprised he could do this after practice)
LH TRAP BAR DL: 135x5x2; 205x5; 255x5; 265x6
ROW MACHINE: ### x 8 x 3
STATIONARY DB LUNGES" ### x 6 x 3

that's it

======================

8-25-2022 THURS.

This is normally an easy day, becuz Fri is a FB game.

So ima just put it in here now

==================================

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:24 am

8-26-2022 FRI.

FB Game at GP. Won 12-6. Boy we suck.

We passed the ball a whole 4 times for a -4 yards.
Completed only two, and those 2 were screens I think.
.... needless to say, The Boy wasn't targeted either.

They used him for two jet sweeps. One got 7 yds, on got only 3.
I guess one of those was for a first down.

Imagine growing up your whole life, playing flag football (which is mostly a throw and catch affair), thinking you are going to play wide receiver, and then this happens (new coach has basically a run first/run only offense).
On top of the run predicated offense, they ran only 2 kids basically: the QB, and the asst.coach's son the RB.

8-27-2022 SAT

Total rest. Has a hip contusion.

8-28-2022 Sun

LIFT
TRAP BAR HH: 330x3; 335x3x2
ss box jumps

BENCH: 160x5x3 @ 10! (PR)

DB LUNGES" 40x8 only one set

MATRIx SHOULD PRESS: 110x8x3

NG LAT PULLDOWN: ###x8x3

SEATED ROW MACHINE:

SEATED LEG CURL: ###x10x3

STRT LEG CALVE: 1 set of 20

TRIs, CURLS,

Later did juggs machine.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:00 pm

8-29-2022. Mon.

Practice sans pads and helmet? (becuz is was 108F i think ? )
Ran thru a lot of passing plays and schemes.

Conditioning at end was one snake.
Start where G-line meets sideline, sprint the G-line, jog sideline to 5 yd line, sprint the 5, and so on...
....I think that's 2/3 a mile? About the first 3-4 run look sprinty, after that its a slog.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:39 am

8-30-2022 Tues.

Another really hot day .... it was 114F at some places nearby the school in the afternoon.
They did helmets only. Mostly worked on defense.

Some half gassers/gassers at the end for conditioning.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:33 am

8-31-2022 Wed. I forget. HSFB practice.

9-1-2022 Thur. Walk thru, etc

9-2-2022 Fri. Game. Was against extra-crappy opponent; won 61-0. Boy scored 10yd TD on a screen pass. Got pulled out at the 2nd quarter for an alleged blind side block. He and the opponent had made eye contact and were staring right at eachother when they collided.
Ref threw .... flag understandably so.
Coach unnecessarily freaked out and over-reacted and pulled him for the rest of the game.

9-3-2022 Sat. Juggs machine at night...lolz
UPPER BODY in gym:
-BENCH: 165x5; 145x8x2
-CHIN UP: 10,10,9
-MATRIX SHOULD PRESS: ###x8x3
-SEATED ROW MACHINE: ###x8x3
- LTE
-CURL
-LATERIAL RAISE
(he was on his own after bench)

9-4-2022. Sun.
Juggs machine in AM.

SPRINT at TRACK:
(MesqHS; 5pm; 108F)
(7) wicket runs with (3) 10m fly interspersed in between the wickets.

LEGS in Gym:
TRAP BAR DL: 265x3x4
DB LUNGES:
LEG EXT:
LEG CURL:
CALF RAISE / PLANKS:
(on his own today)

9-5-2022. Mon. Labor Day.
HSFB. Film, Went over new plays.
Conditioning was gassers, etc....hardest I've seen so far.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:04 pm

9-5 to 9-7. Mon thru Wed .
All three of these FB practices had pretty hard conditioning at the end, hardest they've done this year. He's trying to " get them ready " to play a superior opponent this Friday. More on this later.

Found out around wed. that the boy got academically suspended from playing. Funny, they let him practice, but not play on Friday....makes no sense to me.

9-8-2022 Thurs
FB practice was mostly a walk thru, he had a bit of a melt down today.....I let him lift. Did a quick full body thing.

9-9-2022. Fri.
Game. Oh! This was home-coming too. Did not play. Funny, he dressed out? I don't think he pulled a Jamis Winston....but weird.

Our team got killed 21-0. One kid got knocked out/bad concussion.... EMTs/fire truck showed up... then got hauled away in an ambulance. He's ok now supposedly.

9-10-2022. Sat.
I figured today was a real good day to sprint ....didn't do anything Friday; Thursday was walk through. But no.....no...i didn't workout that way. Tried (3) 20m flyes and they were slow AF . Pretty sure we are seeing the fatigue from M, Tu,W extensive conditioning.

Lifted afterwards:

BENCH: 155*5"3

LAT PULLDOWN with the neutral grip thingy.
###*8r * 4s

MATRIX SHOULDER PRESS:. 110*8*3

DB ROWS
LTE
CURLS
LATERIAL RAISES

9-11-2022. Sun.
TRAP BAR DEADLIFT HH
135*5*2; 225*3*2
275*2; 315*2
345*3*3
box jumps in-between

WALKING DB LUNGES
40*5*3

INCLINE SIT UPS:
15-20reps x 3 sets

LEG CURL: ###*8*4

CALVES

....so help me GOD if he drops a pass in a game I'll kill myself. Not really, but we do the Juggs quite a bit....well, once or twice a week. They don't work on routes and/or catching too much at his school....our offense is a Midwest 'mercia run orientated thing.

Funny: we couldn't run at all in the last game and we had to 'resort' to throwing it. In the 2nd qtr when the game was still competitive, on a 3rd and long, Petey rolled out, and floated a 15-20 yard pass to our receiver who was wide open.....a super easy catch that he had to wait on...dropped it. Right between his hands and off his face mask. Man! Later in the 3rd and 4th qtr, two more dropped passes that hit guys right in the hands in stride....sux

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:45 am

9-12-2022 Mon. FB Practice. Hard conditioning at end.

9-13-2022 Tues
FB practice. Hard conditioning at end.

Incident:
I guess the goofiest freshman Lucas kid (james?) cut corners on the running scheme, and finished ahead of MJH, Petey, and TJ.
This is basically impossible for him had he not cheated.
Coach didn't see it, and called out my son and the other boys that they weren't trying hard enough and sandbagging.
While gasping for air, they tried to explain that 'James' didn't even do an entire segment of the run....but this all got drowned out with yelling.

So after all that, a kid that was sidelined with injury, came up to my son and Petey, and I guess in a display inline with the coaches ....calling them out for not trying hard enough, flipped them both the bird, yelled "fuck you", and grabbed their face masked and started yelling at them?!?!?!?
wtf?!!? whole scene was weird.
I have no idea what the hell is going on here ????!?!!?

9-14-2022 Wed.

FB practice somehow got .....cancelled? WTF.
I guess some of the kids were sick, but not the primary ones (QB, WRs, etc) so they just decided to shit can the whole thing.

Seems like it would've been a good day to work on individual position drills ('Indys' are they're called now).
I think the coaches are getting frustrated.

So I had the boy do a full body session at the gym:

INCLINE PRESS: 150x6x2; 145x6
TRAP DL, LH: 285x3x4
SEATED LEG CURL MACHINE: 3 sets
CHINS: 10,9,7
MATRIX OHP MACH.: 110x8x3
STATIONARY DB LUNGE: 35x6x3
BIs ... TRIs ... etc....

Meanwhile, MJH is still on academic suspension.
The AD seems to think its hopeless and he'll missed 3 games until the quarter resets the grades.
There's some 'friction' going on with that teacher, many kids(non-athletes/smart kids) have transferred out of his class for "reasons".

MJH was saying the one coach was talking about cancelling the game this Friday for these reasons ?
The game is 3-1/2 hours away by car/bus. I just think they are being lazy.
The team we are playing sucks, it would be a real good opportunity for the underclassman and shittier players to get some reps and experience.

Needless to say, son is getting frustrated by the whole situation

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:58 am

9-15-2022 Thurs
. FB Practice. walk thru, etc...game tomorrow.

9-16-2022 Fri.
Game. 3-1/2 travel to desolate wasteland.
I don't know what happened: Coach decided to play him for one half?!?!?
I hope everyone doesn't get it trouble.

He had a 20yd. get sweap. A couple of good punt returns.
Missed out on a TD long pass/bomb came down exactly right over his helmet....couldn't look over either shoulder.
Oddly enough, his calves cramped up after his 45 yd. TD run ... (jumping up and down celebrating?!?!? afterwards).
After that, he was done.
The other team sucked; I feel bad for them

9-17-2022 Sat.
Rest of course

9-18-2022. Sun
LIFT FULL BODY
But only logging the 'highlights':
TRAP BAR DL, HH: 345x3x3
BENCH: 170x5@10! (pr for his 5RM; e1RM=~191?)

...he weighed himself the other day in our (mast.bed) bathroom.
Only 150.0# .... with clothes on (sweat pants, socks, shirt, etc)

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:10 am

Nothing good to say. He's still academically suspended.
The teacher is going to be a problem: MJH's friend, who is a straight A student his whole life (at an all Honors prep school) is getting a C minus in that same class. My son may not play in another game this year.

Was a big mistake sending him to this school ..... wife is starting to own up to that fact now.
His friends are all there, and he has a GF now ... a lot of family problems at home for all this.
He's freaking out. We ALL have an appt with family counselor in about 1-1/2 wks.

9-10,20,21 - 2022 M,T,W = FB practice

9-22-2022 Th: GAME NIGHT
MJH didn't play, still suspended.
AW still has brain fog from being knocked out two weeks ago, and hasn't been cleared yet.
Didn't matter, we got crushed bad like 0-50 or something.
Our O-line doesn't block well, lacks aggression and strength .... our QB was getting killed the whole time...I feel bad for him.

Team we played was the one who had a kid die (unknown cause) in the preseason.
It was my idea (back then) to paint his number all fancy on the field in tribute/respect.
The kids's number turned into a battle-cry-motto-thing of sorts ..... "as is the custom"....
....so i came up with idea to sorta tamp down the hostilities from last year's game.
Our AD thought it was a good idea and did it.

Anyway, they ran up the score on us, and were throwing long passes for touchdowns with 2 min left.

This team we played had already forfeited one game this year due to playing ineligible players.
(trandfers that hadn't sit out for the requ'd number of games)
Their HC was before the athletic board getting punished, JUST hours before this game due to alll this....
AAANNNNDDDD. We spotted some more ineligible players tonight.
Our coaches are filing papers with board.

Slight prediction here for the future:
(hope this doesn't happen, but want to go on record cuz its so obvs to me)
This team we played, we had major problems with last year.
It was so bad last year, their AD apologized to our team after the game wrt the team's behavior.
Basically, the players and staff are a bunch of quasi-criminals.
I bet sooner or later the coach gets fired, and maybe sooner.
The tranfering thing is becoming a major hot-button issued with the open enrollment thing.

TL;DR: Our HC's fried in now the AD at this school (the AD from last year evidently quit).
I would not be surprised if our HC quits our team, and go down their to coach.

Our HC also is HC for a JUnior COllege team.....and it seems we've turned into a farm team for his other program.
He's given 3 of our seniors official offers to play on his JUCO team.
AND that AD at the other school is ALSO on the same coaching staff as our HC for that same JUCO team.

The school we lost tonight: they have a huge turnout every year for football for a small division school (twice as many as us).
None of those kids on that team can/will go to D1 or D2 colleges on scholarships: don't have the grade, and not quite the skills for D1.
They are full of prime time future JUCO athletes.
So my prediction is if that HC gets fired, he'll pack up and head down there to work with his buddy that's the AD.

That's the only reason I can figure why we are so gung-ho on ratting out that HC for using ineligible players.
That's going to create a lot of grief for his bud that's the AD ....

It some real game of thrones political 4D chess stuff.
Our DL coach, is the only holdover from the previous regime, is highly connected with all the other small schools and their coaches and the gossip.
Our new HC (and his staff he brought in) aren't nearly so much in tune to what's going on.
So basically the HC can sit back and watch the asst DLC push all the buttons and file the grievances to get this other guy get fired .... and then after-the-fact kind absolve himself saying he got the other coach fired:

"hey bud, our DLCoach and our AD filed that grievance...not me. Anyways, can I have the HC job that just got vacated? thx buddy"

Although this^ all sounds super duper shitty from our POV ....if it did happen: Those kids at that school NEED our HC more than we do.
The coach they have over there now is an absolutely terrible human being...to be raising those disadvantaged kids.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:26 pm

9-23-2022 Friday. Rest pretty much

9-24-2022. Sat.

DHS track. Spikes. FreeLap. 100F. No wind. 1:00pm
(5) 20m flyes.
Some of his best times ever here.

After . Lift: upper body.
INCLINE: 145*6*4
and then a bunch of other stuff not worth logging

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:28 pm

9-25-2022 Sun

TRAP DL, LO HAND.: 265*5*3
(45+35+25+5)

DB LUNGES WALKING: 35*8*3

LYING LEG CURLS: 110*8*3

CABLE KNEE RAISE: 40*10*3

INCLINED SITUPS: 15-20* 3 sets

STRAIGHT LEG CALF RAISE:
###*10*4

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:15 am

9-26-2022 MON. FB Practice. some hard sprints at the end (100yd down and back. etc)

9-27-2022 TUES. OFF! took off practice so he could study and do extra credit.

9-28-2022 WED. FB Practice (today). I told him to 'go hard' on the sprints.

The principal (aka "Headmaster") and the AD keep going back and forth on his eligibility.
We're trying to get him out of his Humane Letters class ... in with a different teacher/class.
The teacher is a kook; several brainiac kids are getting C minuses and D's.
He doesn't grade (or even return them) their essays for 3 weeks, no one knows where they stand at any given time.
They can't make adjustments/improvements on their current essays without the feedback from the first one's be graded/returned.

Its a total monkey fuck right now.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:43 am

pretty scathing article about high school sports in AZ .... missed a lot of the other problems we have.

https://www.si.com/high-school/2022/09/ ... aily-cover

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:34 am

9-29-2022 Thurs. Typical walk thru day

9-30-2022 Fri. GAME ! TL;DR: we got killed.
he got cleared out of academic suspension to play.
That's a whole 'nother story ....

So anyway, first few plays his calves cramped up again.....makes no sense. Couldn't play first half.
I bought him two large containers of Pedalyte Plus Advanced. He drank one with breakfest, and sipped on the other throughout the day.
Ate bananna .... and he actually drank some pickle juice (brine) right before the game.
It went away by halftime and he played 2nd half. We were getting killed by the point, but one drive was basically all him and
we scored all of points in the 2nd half. The QB got knocked out in the 1st half; his older brother (the passing QB) got put in his
place and we HAD TO throw the ball because the backup can't run (fast). We drove down the field a couple of times.
This is whole 'nother issued with the team: the run-predacated offense the new coaching staff like does NOT work. We threw before last year, and that is now obvs a better option. It will be interesting to see what the coaching staff does.....if they stick to the run-1st offense, they're idiots.

10-1-2022 SAT. Rest day, but lifted upper body.
Bench was 155x5x4. Did a bunch of other stuff, but was banged up and tired

10-2-2022 SUN.
Juggs machine practice at the school. This was organized by the son (and I)....no coaches; an unofficial practice
About an hour total. About 8 kids showed up, was impressed. They want to get better (100F; 3pm).
Then our new passing QB got put in.

The I dropped him off and he lifted legs; lined him out easy. Not worth logging really...he did some stuff.

====================================

try not to look at the scoreboard (12-70something!...loss)

even tho he only played the 2nd half, I think he still had 7 catches for 115 yards or so ?
plus a KR for 30 something? (it was dumb to catch it the way he did)
And drew a PI on a long pass that put us at 1 yd line.
And on the long pass he did catch, got a PI or facemask there for another 15 yd on an already long catch....

And from what we could tell (in film) that team was still playing most of their starters from what we could tell.
Which is bonkers!

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:21 am

lol @ hazing

(this is really sad)

Not our school (but in AZ).....but unless this is fake, this will coming out in the news shortly. What a mess
As a person involved with the program, I will shed some light on what has happened as it's disgusting and embarrassing of what has been allowed to happen and nobody is being held accountable. The program has had some issues with kids being hazed and the school has not taken appropriate actions to handle the incidents as the is on win now at all cost and sweep all incidents under the rug with the hope they disappear. Videos have been captured of the incidents that have taken place and shared with administration only thing that happened was players suspended for 1 game and then allowed to return. We have had several parents reach out to the athletic director and members of the local high school media to help shed on light on these incidents. Some of the following is what has taken place: Athletes urinating in water bottles having other students drink them, freshmen being picked up by ankles and turned upside down as other athletes shove faces in butt making movements with tongues, athletes taking pictures of others while they are naked and using the restroom. These issues are not a huge deal to ALA as the two co-head coaches have been in several meetings with the admin arguing to save these athletes because it's the best players on the team and they want to WIN!!! This is the item at hand that the previous poster was referring to.
Some parents have reached out to some of the media that covers high school sports. We where informed they will look into the incident. It's been really quiet around the campus the last few days. Last week one of the co-head coaches was let go the head coach blamed the AD and the AD blamed the head coach and by Friday the coach was reinstated. This particular coach is the advocate for keeping these kids and giving them several chances and the structure will help them overcome these issues. I would warn families looking to come to ALA on the westside be aware as the culture is not what it's hyped up to be! We left a bad football culture to come to one that is worse. The saying of the grass not always being greener that is a true statement.
EDIT: Its in the newspapers now, but they didn't get into the details listed above. We'll see what happens. Its a new school, and their first year of football. Yikes.