Next round of Exodus gear

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

Next bit of swag?

Tee
49%
Tank
19%
Silkies
28%
Other (put in post)
4%

Total votes: 94

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Next round of Exodus gear

Post by mgil » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:02 pm

What are you good folks looking for? I’d need numbers for a preorder before I can get pricing, but I’m sure prices will be comparable to other products from Doughnuts And Deadlifts.

Updating with link to store:

https://teamlocker.squadlocker.com/#/lo ... ?_k=9635oi

BenM

Re: Next round of Exodus gear

Post by BenM » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:47 pm

I said tank - but I'll buy at least one or two of whatever you get made. Never owned a pair of silkies before.

BostonRugger
Edging Lord

Post by BostonRugger » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:53 pm

Would do silkies and tank. I have two of the original tees (had to size up due to...er..gains), but would pick up another if there’s another design in the works.

omaniphil

Post by omaniphil » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:15 pm

I put other. A Singlet is probably too much to ask for, and there probably isn't the demand, but that would be nice.

chromoly
Magneto

Post by chromoly » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:43 pm

Silkies and booty shorts. Singlet would be rad as fuck. Hoodie with zipper would also be good.

I also want a pocket t-shirt, where the logo is on the pocket. 🙃

Cody
Equipment Guru

Post by Cody » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:51 am

I'm still of the opinion we need an Exodus/Pioneer shirt with the proceeds going to their Tribute meet.

Any graphic artists on the board?!

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:05 am

Cody wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:51 am I'm still of the opinion we need an Exodus/Pioneer shirt with the proceeds going to their Tribute meet.

This would be the only shirt I would buy- I am close to needing a third drawer just for tshirts.
I know a designer, but I couldn't ask her to work for free.

Murelli

Post by Murelli » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:19 am

Cody wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:51 am I'm still of the opinion we need an Exodus/Pioneer shirt with the proceeds going to their Tribute meet.

I see no problem with the money from an Exodus shirt openly going to their Tribute meet, but I see no point in doing an Exodus/Pioneer shirt.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:52 am

Murelli wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:19 am I see no problem with the money from an Exodus shirt openly going to their Tribute meet, but I see no point in doing an Exodus/Pioneer shirt.
Pioneer has 100x the reach of Exodus. Did the guy who won the Exodus belt ever even end up joining here? I think it's a good way to help get the word out more.

cgeorg

Post by cgeorg » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:55 am

I'd be more likely to get a tank or shorts - like Allentown I also have enough tees.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:10 am

I am not tied to silkies, either, even sweatpant-shorts would be good.

Murelli

Post by Murelli » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:06 am

Allentown wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:52 am
Murelli wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:19 am I see no problem with the money from an Exodus shirt openly going to their Tribute meet, but I see no point in doing an Exodus/Pioneer shirt.
Pioneer has 100x the reach of Exodus. Did the guy who won the Exodus belt ever even end up joining here? I think it's a good way to help get the word out more.
And? I thought Exodus was about being independent, and not promoting the brand of "our buddies". Nothing against Pioneer, but I think that linking Exodus with [insert brand here] is antithetical to the whole idea of Exodus.

Cody
Equipment Guru

Post by Cody » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:24 am

Murelli wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:06 am
And? I thought Exodus was about being independent, and not promoting the brand of "our buddies". Nothing against Pioneer, but I think that linking Exodus with [insert brand here] is antithetical to the whole idea of Exodus.
Meh, I'm not tied to the idea that their name needs to be on it or not. More that the funds would literally be going to their meet. Depth Before Dishonor is doing something like this.

But to your point, they've donated several things to our community at no cost to the community and with no expectations in return. Further, their company wouldn't make any money off the shirts, it would completely go to the meet fund, which completely goes to the lifters in the meet.

Do you think having people here like Mike T to talk about training and allowing them to promote their brand on our site is unethical or somehow against the forum's purpose? The site owners don't make money off the site, never will. You can post about any training company. You can post about any belt, review any products, etc.

Just some things to think about. But again, I don't believe any of us are tied to any concrete ideas about that project other than supporting the meet.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:25 am

Murelli wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:06 am And? I thought Exodus was about being independent, and not promoting the brand of "our buddies". Nothing against Pioneer, but I think that linking Exodus with [insert brand here] is antithetical to the whole idea of Exodus.
Yeah, that's fair. I'd still only be willing to get another shirt if part of the price went to the tribute meet, and part to the forum maintenance. It doesn't have to say Pioneer on it.

Hell, put this on it:
and say "Powerlifters gon Powerlift" or something. Make it lime green (or, anything but black).

Basically, I don't want another tshirt. I shouldn't be spending money on things like raffles for powerlifting prize pools. But if I got a shirt that went to the prize pool, AND helped keep the forum going etc, then that's not too bad.

Oh god, I just remembered I am getting a tshirt from the meet I am going to in August. Ugh.

Murelli

Post by Murelli » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:32 am

Cody wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:24 am
Murelli wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:06 am
Meh, I'm not tied to the idea that their name needs to be on it or not. More that the funds would literally be going to their meet. Depth Before Dishonor is doing something like this.

But to your point, they've donated several things to our community at no cost to the community and with no expectations in return. Further, their company wouldn't make any money off the shirts, it would completely go to the meet fund, which completely goes to the lifters in the meet.

Do you think having people here like Mike T to talk about training and allowing them to promote their brand on our site is unethical or somehow against the forum's purpose? The site owners don't make money off the site, never will. You can post about any training company. You can post about any belt, review any products, etc.

Just some things to think about. But again, I don't believe any of us are tied to any concrete ideas about that project other than supporting the meet.
You misunderstand me. Here's what I wrote, with emphasis:
Murelli wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:19 am

I see no problem with the money from an Exodus shirt openly going to their Tribute meet, but I see no point in doing an Exodus/Pioneer shirt.
Everyone is free to promote whatever from what I get from the rules, and I think that throwing money from Exodus shirt into the Pioneer Tribute Meet is a nice way of supporting them and thanking for their support, but I still see no point in doing an Exodus/Pioneer shirt.

On the other discussion, I also voted on some kind of shorts.

quark

Post by quark » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:44 am

FWIW, I'd think Exodus gets more out of a co-promotion with a better known brand than that brand gets. However, just aligning this site with a single brand does not feel right to me.

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Post by hsilman » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:02 am

I voted for a tank top. Seriously don't need another tee.

slowmotion

Post by slowmotion » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:08 am

Voted tee. Maybe a hoodie would be good? I'm not sure.

TimK
Much Mustache

Post by TimK » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:34 am

I would like a good tank to show off my moderately developed traps and delts while hiding my fat, disgusting abdomen.

broseph
High Fiber

Post by broseph » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:53 am

I voted silkies because I'm the neighborhood yard sl00t that likes to perform sweaty manual labor in as little clothing as possible. Might as well promote Exodus in the process.

Second choice is tank top (for similar reasons).