RepOne

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

powerbuilder

Re: RepOne

Post by powerbuilder » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:51 pm

TimK wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:39 pm
thejosef wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:31 pm Anybody who ordered got one yet? I kinda want one, but man it seems like it's been taking Forever to get these to market.. only to be made worse by Corona..
Nope... got an email on March 6th with a link to a form on their site where you could enter your order number and get a shipping estimate... it said "between mid March to early April". Just checked again and it says the same thing but there's a caveat added about Coronavirus delays. Who knows when it will get here. I'm glad I picked up a Speed4Lifts on Black Friday. I've been pretty happy with it but I'm not in love with the app. I'm hoping that the RepOne is just much better in that department so it will be an easy choice of which one to keep and which to sell.
I also have speed4lifts and I am waiting for my rep one. Regarding to the app, Tim, do you know if the new app of one rep will be for free? I have seen some photos of it, but I think that they said that it was going to cost some money per month. For the moment speed4lifts app is free, I don´t know If they have any pro version of it.

TimK
Much Mustache

Post by TimK » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:07 pm

powerbuilder wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:51 pmI also have speed4lifts and I am waiting for my rep one. Regarding to the app, Tim, do you know if the new app of one rep will be for free? I have seen some photos of it, but I think that they said that it was going to cost some money per month. For the moment speed4lifts app is free, I don´t know If they have any pro version of it.
There was some confusion/worry about this early on but they eventually clarified that the app for individual users will be free. They are going to have a subscription (to a totally different app, I think) service that's around $100/month, but that's a different thing that seems to be geared towards sports teams / professional strength coaches with numerous trainees. I think the subscription service is supposed to actually create the programming for the trainees to some degree, whereas the individual one is just for data collection/e1RM predictions, like S4L or OpenBarbell.

TimK
Much Mustache

Post by TimK » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:49 pm

Well, mine has finally shipped apparently... got this email:
We've got great news!
Takeaways:

Your order has shipped!
To get these orders out we got scrappy, so your device may be unique
  • Plastics we made in-house
    Screen covers with imperfections
We built an innovative Over the Air Device Firmware Update system so we always ship new features. The first updates will include:
  • basic button functionality
    3D metrics
    battery percentage, and more
It's been a long road. You may have been following RepOne since we announced back in April 2018, or even earlier when we were building the open source OpenBarbell device, or you may have purchased relatively recently. In any case we're happy you joined, and your journey in VBT has just begun.

We also acknowledge we're shipping during an unprecedented and difficult time. You may not have access to your training facility, and a return to normal may be uncertain. We hope RepOne can help bring you some escape right now, and allow you to look forward to your next training session that much more.

On a related note, this product launch has definitely had its fair share of abnormality. I hope you followed along on Instagram as I showed the process of moving assembly from a 3500 square foot workshop to my 300 square foot living room, and shrunk our hardware team from five to one (plus my wonderful and dexterous wife). Because of this you may see an extra speck of dust or a stray cat hair. We ask that you take these as small symbols of the hard work we put into fulfilling these orders as soon as we could.

We also got creative to fill some supply chain gaps. A lot of the production volume from our plastics manufacturer in Oregon shifted to making personal protective equipment for frontline workers, so we made a lot ourselves. As it turns out, the parts we make in shop are even higher quality than those of our supplier. We also had to pull some stock from earlier part batches as our overseas suppliers struggled to meet demand as their businesses opened back up. Our previous parts work great, we simply iterated further to fix cosmetics like potential separation in the Polycarbonate screen cover. Using these older parts was a conscious decision we made to get you your order, you've waited long enough!

Finally, we have some awesome firmware functionality coming your way soon via over the air firmware updates. Some of it is pretty simple like basic button functionality to navigate reps on the RepOne Sensor screen. Other features are core to RepOne like our 3D metrics. The data is alive and ready within the device, but when we lost access to our shop we paused validation on those metrics. We didn't want to present data we weren't 100% confident in, so we'll make those features live as soon as we finish our internal testing.

We also have some really awesome firmware functionality in the pipeline like eccentric measurement, the ability to customize on-screen metrics from the app, and some improvements to make the battery last even longer. We spent years listening to our customers and getting feedback on what features they'd like to see in RepOne, and the list is enormous. That's why we spent months developing an Over the Air Device Firmware Update system that utilizes Bluetooth Low Energy, so we can keep adding value to your RepOne Sensor years down the road. All you need is an Android or iOS 13 and above device with the RepOne Personal app.

We're excited to get RepOne in your hands, and are looking forward to seeing how you use it! Please always feel free to reach out to us with any questions, and head over to RepOneStrength.com/help to learn more.
Sounds great... I'd be much more sympathetic about these "Coronavirus" delays if it wasn't for the fact that I preordered last August and the estimated ship date at that point was "Early December"...

quikky

Post by quikky » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:46 am

@TimK, did you finally get yours? If so, what are your impressions?

thejosef

Post by thejosef » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:22 pm

TimK wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:49 pm Well, mine has finally shipped apparently... got this email:

(.....snip....)

Sounds great... I'd be much more sympathetic about these "Coronavirus" delays if it wasn't for the fact that I preordered last August and the estimated ship date at that point was "Early December"...
Wow, didn't realize they got so backed up.

@TimK, Did you ever receive the RepOne? It looks like they are somewhat available to order now (says 6 weeks-ish timeframe). Any good feedback on this thing that will push me over the edge to order? Lol. It "looks" really sweet from all their marketing and what not...

TimK
Much Mustache

Post by TimK » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:53 am

quikky wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:46 am TimK, did you finally get yours? If so, what are your impressions?
thejosef wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:22 pm @TimK, Did you ever receive the RepOne?
I did get mine, on July 8th. Unfortunately I don't have a ton of useful feedback on it since I only used it once and haven't been lifting for the last two months. If I ever stop being a fat piece of shit I'll let you guys know what I think in more detail.

From my first impressions though, the build quality seems great, but there were a lot of things I didn't like about the app. The interface is uglier and harder to figure out compared to the S4L and there's no way to get it to display an e1RM for each rep based on your velocity profile like the S4L does. There are a lot or other metrics you can choose from but that's the one that I wanted as it's very intuitive way to gauge performance on a given set just by looking at the e1RM of the fastest rep, regardless of weight on the bar. Apparently you have to go through a specific test protocol to get an e1RM, which didn't seem very practical to do on a regular basis when I glanced at it.

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:41 am

Finally pulled the trigger and order a RepOne for myself. My DIY version wasn't quite cutting it; wasn't using it because connector was finicky, UI was crappy, and peak velocity was not calculated correctly (305.9 m/s Squat??). Now to wait 6 weeks for delivery....

michael
Young Padawan

Post by michael » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:27 pm

I ordered mine on August 31st 2019.

Every month they tell me it's coming, but it's lies.

thejosef

Post by thejosef » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:37 pm

michael wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:27 pm I ordered mine on August 31st 2019.

Every month they tell me it's coming, but it's lies.
Whoa. That’s insane.. and why I still haven’t ordered one. I just don’t believe “6 weeks..”

Hanley
Strength Nerd

Post by Hanley » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:38 pm

damufunman wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:41 am305.9 m/s Squat
Fuck yeah man.

michael
Young Padawan

Post by michael » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:04 am

They bumped my estimated delivery by another month. It's unconscionable that they are advertising a six week delivery before they've delivered pre-orders.

gtl

Post by gtl » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:27 am

Contemplating ordering the RepOne to replace by Open Barbell v3.. which has been repaired several times now. While still functional, I lost a good bit of the tether in my last repair, and have to have it on an elevated surface for any standing movements (IE: squat).

6 week backlog? ugh

I did see Mike T trying out a new accelerometer type device on IG. Apparently he said it initial impressions were good, although I was burned on the Push Band back in 2015. I think it was from Germany? Similar price tag as RepOne I think.

I definitely will not go with S4L based on lack of Android support.

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:16 am

gtl wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:27 am Contemplating ordering the RepOne to replace by Open Barbell v3.. which has been repaired several times now. While still functional, I lost a good bit of the tether in my last repair, and have to have it on an elevated surface for any standing movements (IE: squat).

6 week backlog? ugh

I did see Mike T trying out a new accelerometer type device on IG. Apparently he said it initial impressions were good, although I was burned on the Push Band back in 2015. I think it was from Germany? Similar price tag as RepOne I think.

I definitely will not go with S4L based on lack of Android support.
RepOne back order situation was a bit annoying, and upsetting they haven't shipped to some people who ordered back in like August (before I did, though I received mine earlier by bugging them directly). Pretty happy with it, much nicer than my DIY OBB (unsurprisingly). Accelerometer types seem like they'd be nicer to use, and probably ok for slow lifts, though I think some of them had some issues at really low speed (low acceleration makes signal a bit noisy and hard to integrate well). What was the issue with Push Band?

gtl

Post by gtl » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:57 am

damufunman wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:16 amWhat was the issue with Push Band?
It didn't pick up deadlifts due to interference, they stopped supporting Android, and when I finally got the first OBB, I tested them in tandem and had some big variations.

gtl

Post by gtl » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:06 am

Welp, pulled the trigger and ordered a RepOne. Hopefully it won't take 6 weeks.

thejosef

Post by thejosef » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:53 pm

gtl wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:06 am Welp, pulled the trigger and ordered a RepOne. Hopefully it won't take 6 weeks.
Nice! It's still on my "wish" list for 2021. Let us know when you get it and how you like it!

gtl

Post by gtl » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:09 am

thejosef wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:53 pm
gtl wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:06 am Welp, pulled the trigger and ordered a RepOne. Hopefully it won't take 6 weeks.
Nice! It's still on my "wish" list for 2021. Let us know when you get it and how you like it!
Will do.. 4 weeks in, 2 weeks to go.. I feel like I should ask for an update but don't want to be impatient

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:30 am

gtl wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:09 am
Will do.. 4 weeks in, 2 weeks to go.. I feel like I should ask for an update but don't want to be impatient
Recent IG posted showed a large batch ready for shipping and a comment asked if 6 weeks was still real. They replied it's likely faster but they're still saying 6 weeks to be safe.

gtl

Post by gtl » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:43 am

damufunman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:30 am
Recent IG posted showed a large batch ready for shipping and a comment asked if 6 weeks was still real. They replied it's likely faster but they're still saying 6 weeks to be safe.
Good to know; Thanks!

gtl

Post by gtl » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:02 am

gtl wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:43 am
damufunman wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:30 am
Good to know; Thanks!
Well, I'm at 5.6 weeks now.. so looks like 6 weeks (at least).

BTW, they offered a "trade in" credit for my Open Barbell 3.0 of $100. Instead of sending it back, I figured I'd offer it up here on Exodus if anyone was interested.

Fully functional with the only caveat that the tether broke awhile back, so there isn't as much string left. You're still good for 800mm ROM, but for squats at 6'1, I elevate the device onto a plyobox. Unfortunately, @SeanHerbison is disqualified from this offer (not that he needs it anyways with his fancy GymAware).