XFit

Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

XFit

Post by mgil » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:17 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/barbend.co ... tests/amp/

Lots of folks testing positive recently for PEDs.

Good to see XFit HQ doing the testing and sticking with policy.

mbasic

Re: XFit

Post by mbasic » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:57 am

I had a long post typed up, and shit canned it.
Seems like a lot of ladies busted.

Some of the ladies were busted for hardcore roids/anabolics.
I think that "latin lifter" was on about 10 things,
and I don't know about her X-fit performances (because X-fit still isn't a sport anyone cares about)
...but physically looking, she seemed average in everyway.

Some of the ladies were busted for bullshit stimulants in their prework outs. (beta-whatever ... bullshit thing).
One lady, just basically said, "yeah xyz was in my preworkout stimulant drink, oh well, I take responsibility".
Good on you.

Some of the ladies had long wall-of-text excuses in their grams about how CrossfitHQ being unfair because not honoring their excuses they gave.
Fuck you. Act like professional athlete and stop consuming banned substances that are on the banned list they publish.
Oh that's right, you are not a pro athlete. Crying about shit their "doctor" (PT really IIRC) gave her.

iamsmu

Post by iamsmu » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:00 am

I saw that a few were busted a week or so ago. The list is more extensive than I had thought. . . Googling all these drugs that I've never hear of. They turn up one bodybuilder PED advice site after another.

I'm not sure if this will help of hurt Xfit. It's been something of a joke up to this point. If they are going to ban this stuff, then they should test aggressively. Otherwise it's just hypocritical bs.

broseph
High Fiber

Post by broseph » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:11 am

I think the bs hypocritical way is enough to satisfy gen pop CrossFit enthusiasts, the same way it satisfies sports ball fans.

I mean, “we” (strength sport practitioners and fitness nerds) “know” they’re ALL using, right?

Joe Local Box just needs to see a few sacrificial lambs so he can go on thinking the rest of them are clean.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:18 am

broseph wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:11 am I think the bs hypocritical way is enough to satisfy gen pop CrossFit enthusiasts, the same way it satisfies sports ball fans.

I mean, “we” (strength sport practitioners and fitness nerds) “know” they’re ALL using, right?

Joe Local Box just needs to see a few sacrificial lambs so he can go on thinking the rest of them are clean.
+1.
Dave Tate's comment about Xfit, where he says he wouldn't know where to start with "supplements" because of the "varied" nature of it- it doesn't matter. Anything your competition isn't taking is going to give you an advantage somewhere.

damufunman

Post by damufunman » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:28 am

iamsmu wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:00 am I saw that a few were busted a week or so ago. The list is more extensive than I had thought. . . Googling all these drugs that I've never hear of. They turn up one bodybuilder P[erformance]ED advice site after another.

I'm not sure if this will help of hurt Xfit. It's been something of a joke up to this point. If they are going to ban this stuff, then they should test aggressively. Otherwise it's just hypocritical bs.
Just though these two words together was funny.

ETA: eh, I guess their performance is being hyooge, which anabolics are good for...

iamsmu

Post by iamsmu » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:35 am

broseph wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:11 am I think the bs hypocritical way is enough to satisfy gen pop CrossFit enthusiasts, the same way it satisfies sports ball fans.

Interesting. So cynical, but probably right. If they didn't have a ban, then they couldn't sell it as the key component to some healthy life style. But if the enforced the ban rigorously, they might risk really hurting the brand. I'm not suggesting either way here, it's just an example, but if someone like Froning were taking a banned substance, I can't imagine that they'd pop him. It would kill the brand. Perhaps I'm wrong. But it would definitely be a tough business decision. . . . So, ya, from the perspective of just looking out for the business, some kind of half ass enforcement where you don't ping too many of the darlings would be best.

quark

Post by quark » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:59 am

Do normal people really care about athletes using PEDs?

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:41 am

quark wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:59 am Do normal people really care about athletes using PEDs?
I don't know, but I know lots of people at my old Xfit gym were particularly proud of how Xfitters looked/performed on nothing more than paleo diets and intense random training. Like @iamsmu said, they could never pop Froning without possibly killing the brand.

hackerhercules

Post by hackerhercules » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:44 am

quark wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:59 am Do normal people really care about athletes using PEDs?
I don't care about ANYone using PEDs, but I care about PED users lying about their PED use and when they demonstrate excessively negative attitudes. Same thing for people who say they do bodyweight routines and somehow get incredibly jacked.

CamLeslie

Post by CamLeslie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:02 pm

hackerhercules wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:44 am
I don't care about ANYone using PEDs, but I care about PED users lying about their PED use and when they demonstrate excessively negative attitudes. Same thing for people who say they do bodyweight routines and somehow get incredibly jacked.
I'm with you on this. Personal decision for everyone.

However, using and then claiming that you don't is not cool. I just wish people would be up front about it so we could move on from "The Rock's Workout Plan"

Also a side note: Anytime there is a lot of money on the line, there will be cheaters.

broseph
High Fiber

Post by broseph » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:04 pm

+1

hackerhercules

Post by hackerhercules » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:06 pm

CamLeslie wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:02 pm Also a side note: Anytime there is a lot of money on the line, there will be cheaters.
Personally, I think PED use is pretty obvious. Obvious enough to distinguish programming endorsements that clearly won't work for natty lifters.

If I had the opportunity to earn tens or hundreds of millions of dollars on PEDs, but had to lie or gingerly avoid the topic to avoid losing my sponsorships, I'd lie through my fucking teeth. I think anyone who tries to tell me they wouldn't do the exact same thing is full of shit. Still don't like it on principle though.

EDIT: I made some statements that I fact checked (like Dan Green's net worth) and they were factually incorrect, so I removed them.

Mugaaz

Post by Mugaaz » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:30 pm

I don't, but I do hate people using PEDs who claim not to be.

CamLeslie

Post by CamLeslie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:11 pm

hackerhercules wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:06 pm
CamLeslie wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:02 pm Also a side note: Anytime there is a lot of money on the line, there will be cheaters.
Personally, I think PED use is pretty obvious. Obvious enough to distinguish programming endorsements that clearly won't work for natty lifters.
You are in the 99.99 percentile. On the other board there are articles/interviews talking about making progress (up to 800lb dl and squats) with 1 top set a week. I realize that we can read between the lines but someone starting out... who knows.

cwd

Post by cwd » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:02 pm

Without these PED exposures, all the pictures of xfit women champions would tend to reinforce the common fear among women that touching a barbell will make them big and muscly.

simonrest
Objectifies Monotremes

Post by simonrest » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:21 pm

yes. in the same hand wringy way they're concerned with the children doing a marijuana.

MPhelps

Post by MPhelps » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:13 pm

quark wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:59 am Do normal people really care about athletes doing crossfit and using PEDs?
Fixed. Nope. Crossfit is just bringing in narcissistic people who are scaling workouts and pretending that paleo is working while emulating steroid using games athletes who secretly eat carbs. But normal people could care less about 135 lb bounced deadlifts followed by hopping over the bar.

DirtyRed
Champion in his own mind

Post by DirtyRed » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:38 pm

mgil wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:17 amGood to see XFit HQ doing the testing and sticking with policy.
Why?

Now instead of a bunch of buff morons (no homo) doing stupid shit, we're going to see a bunch of scrawny morons doing stupid shit. This further establishes the absolute #Fact that CrossFit is Strongman for people who aren't strong.
mbasic wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:57 amSome of the ladies had long wall-of-text excuses in their grams about how CrossfitHQ being unfair because not honoring their excuses they gave.
Fuck you. Act like professional athlete and stop consuming banned substances that are on the banned list they publish.
Oh that's right, you are not a pro athlete. Crying about shit their "doctor" (PT really IIRC) gave her.
They absolutely should be complaining that random ass fucking "stimulants" are on ANY banned substance list. That they are, while caffeine isn't, is a load of horseshit that shows beyond ANY shadow of a doubt that beaker-thumping unlifting limp dick pencil pushing testers A.) Have never played a sport or done CrossFit (separate and distinct from actual sports) in their lives, AND B.) Don't actually give a single flying fuck about "purity in sport" or whatever marketing con they're pushing at a given moment, and just want to fleece some marks by making them believe that "cheaters" don't win.

And in furtherance of that, they need to find some cheaters to punish. Which is how we end up with the buttfucking PGA Tour banning anti-allergy nasal spray because it has an EVIL STIMULANT in it (not that anyone in their right mind would deliberately play golf while hopped up on some shit), while Gabbie Whatsherface can get a TUE for ADHD medication she "needs" to be in the Olympics, because she's deigned to be one of the good ones. Well, cocklick, I "need" quite a bit of testosterone (and, you know, some actual talent) if I'm to be in the Olympics, so gief TUE.

But they won't gief TUE, because they don't actually give the smallest shit about a level playing field. They want to pick and choose who goes over.
quark wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:59 am Do normal people really care about CrossFit
Fixed, and no.

To answer you're original question, Normies are the sort of people this shit is catering too. They're the average stooge that likes to believe in the lie of being able to be that good if they simply tried hard enough, and that these successful athletes are just triumphant examples of the human spirit, and not the sort of people who just bought their success, whether in the form of top notch equipment, great coaching, or beneficial chemistry.
I don't care about ANYone using PEDs, but I care about PED users lying about their PED use and when they demonstrate excessively negative attitudes.
I do kind of understand this, as I can't stand people blatantly lying to me as it insults my intelligence (MY intelligence). But what the hell do you expect them to do? Announce on social media that they're using a whole bunch of stuff the State will shoot them for possessing? Pass on hundreds of dollars (or whatever you get from CrossFit nowadays) when everyone else worth a shit is also roiding?

I'm not mad they're trying to "cheat," I'm disappointed they were stupid enough to get caught by CROSSFIT drug tests. Here's how you beat those tests: Don't show up on drugs, you fucking idiots. If you have the resources to be getting all of this shit, you have the resources to be taking Practice Tests beforehand to make sure your dumb ass can pass.

mouse

Post by mouse » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:19 am

I love everything @DirtyRed just wrote.