Rogue's New Belt Squat - Monster Rhino - AKA What I wish my nickname was

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

murphyreedus

Re: Rogue's New Belt Squat - Monster Rhino - AKA What I wish my nickname was

Post by murphyreedus » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:25 pm

Can't wait to see the price point and the Titanness of this thing.

gtl

Post by gtl » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:10 pm

murphyreedus wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:25 pm Can't wait to see the price point and the Titanness of this thing.

IG comments hint it will be less than $600... I'm guessing $450-500?

Curious what the footprint is

iamsmu

Post by iamsmu » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:28 pm

gtl wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:10 pm
murphyreedus wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:25 pm Can't wait to see the price point and the Titanness of this thing.

I'm not sure why Titan thinks it's a good idea to make their branding so prominent. They've even started doing it on Rogue clones. No one wants TITAN spelled out all over their R3 clone. . . . I followed them on IG just to see how this plays out. Some people seem to think that it's a top brand, a name that stands for the highest quality. It's weird. . . . . That shinny platform is a bit much.

gtl

Post by gtl » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:30 pm

iamsmu wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:28 pm I'm not sure why Titan thinks it's a good idea to make their branding so prominent. They've even started doing it on Rogue clones. No one wants TITAN spelled out all over their R3 clone. . . . I followed them on IG just to see how this plays out. Some people seem to think that it's a top brand, a name that stands for the highest quality. It's weird. . . . . That shinny platform is a bit much.
Completely agree.

murphyreedus

Post by murphyreedus » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:34 pm

iamsmu wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:28 pm I'm not sure why Titan thinks it's a good idea to make their branding so prominent. They've even started doing it on Rogue clones. No one wants TITAN spelled out all over their R3 clone. . . .
Concur. I'd like their reverse hyper more if it didn't have the Titan laser cutouts. Same with their log, multigrip bar, etc.
I followed them on IG just to see how this plays out. Some people seem to think that it's a top brand, a name that stands for the highest quality. It's weird. . . . . That shinny platform is a bit much.
The platform is close to what Wenning's has, but yeah, a little flashy. Hopefully Titan includes band pegs on theirs, or at least the option. At sub-600 regular price, assuming it has no significant Titan v1 flaws, it would definitely get me interested.

bobmen10000

Post by bobmen10000 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:39 pm

It is a clone (or very similar to) the Wenning Belt Squat...which is the best belt squat in my opinion. I really like my Edge Fitness Belt squat but if this is less than $600.00. Fuck... China constantly betrays me. My girlfriend spent the last week watching a Chinese Drama (romantic comedy) that was a copy of a Korean Drama that was a copy of a Japanese Drama. I was sequested to the bedroom and unable to relax in my living room because of the incessant chattering in an alien tongue in what appeared to be a very poor ripoff of Romeo & Juliet with less dying and more youthful ennui. I don't understand tariffs but China is both denying me valuable tv time and allowing cheapish clones of wonderful products that may kill you, so perhaps they are useful.

Bullshit.

bobmen10000

Post by bobmen10000 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:42 pm

murphyreedus wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:34 pm
iamsmu wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:28 pm I'm not sure why Titan thinks it's a good idea to make their branding so prominent. They've even started doing it on Rogue clones. No one wants TITAN spelled out all over their R3 clone. . . .
Concur. I'd like their reverse hyper more if it didn't have the Titan laser cutouts. Same with their log, multigrip bar, etc.
I followed them on IG just to see how this plays out. Some people seem to think that it's a top brand, a name that stands for the highest quality. It's weird. . . . . That shinny platform is a bit much.
The platform is close to what Wenning's has, but yeah, a little flashy. Hopefully Titan includes band pegs on theirs, or at least the option. At sub-600 regular price, assuming it has no significant Titan v1 flaws, it would definitely get me interested.

You beat me to it. And if they manage sub $700.00, it is a coup. Probably the best value on any piece of equipment they offer, provided it doesn't explode your hips and quads due to detonating Chinese steel or similar nonsense.

***I think (and hope because I can stay away from it) that it will be closer to $1095.00 shipped.***

Skander

Post by Skander » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:44 pm

iamsmu wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:28 pm
gtl wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:10 pm

I'm not sure why Titan thinks it's a good idea to make their branding so prominent. They've even started doing it on Rogue clones. No one wants TITAN spelled out all over their R3 clone. . . . I followed them on IG just to see how this plays out. Some people seem to think that it's a top brand, a name that stands for the highest quality. It's weird. . . . . That shinny platform is a bit much.
Funny I was just thinking about how crappy the sad vinyl Titan stickers on my rack started coming off before it was assembled. Guess they're going all the way on branding.

People on CL also seem to think that Weider/Dicks/Gold's are great brands...

Skander

Post by Skander » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:48 pm

Oh now that I see the video I guess they're just copying the branding too.

My money is on Titan actually being a computer algorithm set to "copy and produce cheaply."

omaniphil

Post by omaniphil » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:28 pm

I don't understand how Titan isn't being slapped around with a dozen ITC Section 337 lawsuits. That would be the way to go, especially since these are imports. Maybe fitness companies don't file utility and design patents? They really really should.

OCG

Post by OCG » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:14 am

bobmen10000 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:39 pm

It is a clone (or very similar to) the Wenning Belt Squat...which is the best belt squat in my opinion.
Hmm, except having used a new version of the Wenning design, he uses actual bearings, 4 of them, for the arm to rotate on. Not bolts.

Skander

Post by Skander » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:04 am

omaniphil wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:28 pm I don't understand how Titan isn't being slapped around with a dozen ITC Section 337 lawsuits. That would be the way to go, especially since these are imports. Maybe fitness companies don't file utility and design patents? They really really should.
I don't know what the world is like these days, but when my mom had a clothes manufacturing business in the late 80s and early 90s, she found it was really hard to get rip-offs pulled from the market. They'd have changed one or two super trivial things, and then there was nothing she could do. But we did have that multi-year saga over whether Apple can patent rectangles so who knows what it's like now.

bobmen10000

Post by bobmen10000 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:56 am

OCG wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:14 am
bobmen10000 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:39 pm

It is a clone (or very similar to) the Wenning Belt Squat...which is the best belt squat in my opinion.
Hmm, except having used a new version of the Wenning design, he uses actual bearings, 4 of them, for the arm to rotate on. Not bolts.
I don't know if it was version 3 or 4, and I don't have access to it right now, but I didn't notice the bearings when I used it. I wonder how big of a difference that will make?

iamsmu

Post by iamsmu » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:18 am

$525

bobmen10000

Post by bobmen10000 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:24 am

iamsmu wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:18 am $525

I am going to buy one. Thankfully I am having atrocious sides to a new med so not being intimate with my girlfriend for the foreseeable future isn't such a big deal (she is going to be very unhappy with me, two belt squats...I am a moron, perhaps I can do hook up both units at the same time or something. TMI for the win. )

iamsmu

Post by iamsmu » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:27 am

bobmen10000 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:24 am
I am going to buy one. Thankfully I am having atrocious sides to a new med so not being intimate with my girlfriend for the foreseeable future isn't such a big deal (she is going to be very unhappy with me, two belt squats...I am a moron, perhaps I can do hook up both units at the same time or something. TMI for the win. )
Don't forget, you still need to buy a leg press machine. That basement looks pretty incomplete without one.

And do you have a double pulley system? I can't recall. If not, you aren't even close to done.

bobmen10000

Post by bobmen10000 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:31 am

iamsmu wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:27 am
bobmen10000 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:24 am
Don't forget, you still need to buy a leg press machine. That basement looks pretty incomplete without one.

And do you have a double pulley system? I can't recall. If not, you aren't even close to done.
You are being a dick but truthful. I am close to buying a lightly used Legend lat pulldown but the height doesn't quite work, and again, I was trying to be good. Although it may not matter, Titan is either sold out or having a major system glitch and not letting me check out. Other morons/guinea pigs may have beaten me to the punch.

***update*** It finally processed. $461.20 after a $45.00 discount and using $18.75 worth of points. ***update***

Anyone want to buy a perfectly fine Edge Fitness Standard Belt Squat for a very reasonable price?

iamsmu

Post by iamsmu » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:41 am

bobmen10000 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:31 am

You are being a dick but truthful. I am close to buying a lightly used Legend lat pulldown but the height doesn't quite work, and again, I was trying to be good. Although it may not matter, Titan is either sold out or having a major system glitch and not letting me check out. Other morons/guinea pigs may have beaten me to the punch.

***update*** It finally processed. $461.20 after a $45.00 discount and using $18.75 worth of points. ***update***

Anyone want to buy a perfectly fine Edge Fitness Standard Belt Squat for a very reasonable price?
I wasn't trying to be a dick. You've got nearly everything. Might as well complete the setup if you have the room and money. I would. But I have neither.

I really want both a leg press machine and a double pulley system, but I have no where to put either. I'll probably rig up some ghetto double pulley, but it won't be the same. . .

I was jokingly trying to goad you into spending too much $. But this is the exodus strength internet shopping club, right?

bobmen10000

Post by bobmen10000 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:46 am

iamsmu wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:41 am
bobmen10000 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:31 am

I wasn't trying to be a dick. You've got nearly everything. Might as well complete the setup if you have the room and money. I would. But I have neither.

I really want both a leg press machine and a double pulley system, but I have no where to put either. I'll probably rig up some ghetto double pulley, but it won't be the same. . .
I don't have children, live in a very cheap house (cost less than most new cars but no mortgage so that is a plus) and use most of my discretionary income on stupid shit in lieu of stocking piling for retirement because I am - again - stupid. With that said, I am really done buying equipment until black friday. I need to sell some stuff I don't use, along with an assortment of JRPGS I purchase and never played. Gotta save up for a set of competition bumper plates just in case I ever attempt Olympic lifting/ decide to drop back squats like a boss.

murphyreedus

Post by murphyreedus » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:49 pm

Eh.

I look at all the stupid shit my friends and coworkers blow their money on, and I do not feel any ragrets about buying gym equipment that I actually use, and usually can resell for at least 50% of what I paid for it (on the rare occasions that I buy new).

I'd unapologetically have a belt squat, leg press, Smith machine, cable crossover, etc. in the gym if I could fit them all.

Really interested in seeing the initial reviews of the Titan. I'm hoping that, like their RH, the v1 belt squat doesn't have any glaring flaws.