Equipment: The Euro Thread

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

Andersen

Re: Equipment: The Euro Thread

Post by Andersen » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:09 am

Just picked up the IronMaster dumbbells and Super Bench Pro from their retailer in the Netherlands.

First impression is really good! Bench and dumbbells are rock solid.
Got the leg curl/extension and decline attachments as well. Those function very well. However the pad where is quads is during leg curl is quite thin making it a bit uncomfortable to do leg curls.

I thought maybe you guys could help me with a rack question. What do you recommend for a medium quality rack? Something with 50x75 mm, 60x60 mm posts or similar. I feel like Rogue EU is overpriced.

I've been looking at MiraFits new M3 rack but they dont ship to outside UK.
https://www.mirafit.co.uk/mirafit-m3-power-rack.html

Ideally they ship to either Denmark or France.

Wayne

Post by Wayne » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:19 am

Andersen wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:09 am Just picked up the IronMaster dumbbells and Super Bench Pro from their retailer in the Netherlands.

Got the leg curl/extension and decline attachments as well. Those function very well. However the pad where is quads is during leg curl is quite thin making it a bit uncomfortable to do leg curls.

I thought maybe you guys could help me with a rack question. What do you recommend for a medium quality rack? Something with 50x75 mm, 60x60 mm posts or similar. I feel like Rogue EU is overpriced.

Maybe try Megafitness and see if they ship to you? They sell ATX racks which I have been happy with, as well as others.

mettkeks

Post by mettkeks » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:24 pm

Wayne wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:19 am
Andersen wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:09 am Just picked up the IronMaster dumbbells and Super Bench Pro from their retailer in the Netherlands.

Maybe try Megafitness and see if they ship to you? They sell ATX racks which I have been happy with, as well as others.
I second this. Their stuff is resonably priced, shipping is quick (at least in germany) and the ATX stuff is heavy duty, slightly over engineered even and of reasonable quality.

Andersen

Post by Andersen » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:42 am

Thanks guys!

Their 600 serie looks very promising. It also seems like their ship to EU mainland (YES SIR)

If you were to pick up a barbell from them as well, what would you recommend. It seems they have something for every price level. I'm looking for a all-purpose bar and I probably wont be lifting more than 200 kg on it.

I have no problem paying a little extra if it is really worth it, but on the other hand I'm not really THAT strong so maybe I do need a "premium" bar.

Wayne

Post by Wayne » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:41 am

Andersen wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:42 am Thanks guys!

Their 600 serie looks very promising. It also seems like their ship to EU mainland (YES SIR)

If you were to pick up a barbell from them as well, what would you recommend. It seems they have something for every price level. I'm looking for a all-purpose bar and I probably wont be lifting more than 200 kg on it.

I have no problem paying a little extra if it is really worth it, but on the other hand I'm not really THAT strong so maybe I do need a "premium" bar.
I’m not familiar with the full range, but I’m happy with an ATX RAM bar for general use.

BenM

Post by BenM » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:35 pm

I've got an ATX RAM bar as well, and an ATX SSB. No complaints with either, really, other than the weird weight of the SSB.

mettkeks

Post by mettkeks » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:59 pm

BenM wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:35 pm I've got an ATX RAM bar as well, and an ATX SSB. No complaints with either, really, other than the weird weight of the SSB.
Got the SSB too, don't care about the weight. I'd put changeplates on first if it bothered me.

BenM

Post by BenM » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:13 pm

mettkeks wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:59 pm
BenM wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:35 pm I've got an ATX RAM bar as well, and an ATX SSB. No complaints with either, really, other than the weird weight of the SSB.
Got the SSB too, don't care about the weight. I'd put changeplates on first if it bothered me.
Yeah, someone else suggested that. I've kinda got used to doing the maths of a 17kg bar plus the plates now.

mettkeks

Post by mettkeks » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:15 pm

BenM wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:13 pm
mettkeks wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:59 pm
Yeah, someone else suggested that. I've kinda got used to doing the maths of a 17kg bar plus the plates now.
I am ahead of you. I put my 19kg plates on first and make it a 15kg bar. :ugeek:

Tommy1507

Post by Tommy1507 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:07 am

I am located in germany and was looking for a decent bar. I had several options.
ATX power bar (250€) or competition bar(280€) at megafitnessshop or other stores. Rogue Ohio Power bar (starts at 350€ with bare steel).And some bars from simpleproducts, a shop located in germany Hamburg. The sqmize Hamburg competition bar (280€) and sqmize Quantum(240€).
The ATX and sqmize bars all had mixed reviews, some prefer the ATXs and some the sqmize, but overall there were not too many reviews online. Most voted for the Rogue OPB. But i decided to I give the sqmize Quantum a shot and ordered it for around 223€ as they always have 7% discount. Shipping was free in germany but I don't know what they take for other countries in EU.
I was using a shitty 30€ bar before, so i can't compare the bar to other bars in this price range but overall i am very satisfied. Nice grip, exactly 20 kg and all measurements are correct.

ErminK

Post by ErminK » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:34 am

For Pioneer and some other stuff there's 9for9.co.uk . Shipping for Europe seems to be decently priced. Something like 6.5 pounds for wraps, 10-12 pounds for belts, etc. They are, of course, more expensive than getting from Pioneer directly so if ordering more stuff, especially expensive stuff, it could be better to get it directly from Pioneer and pay the 40ish dollars of shipping.

HMan

Post by HMan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:43 am

I picked up a Pioneer Cut Belt from 9for9, shipped to Finland. They have quite a few custom offerings that wind up being cheaper if you're ok with the standard sizing.

Their service is top notch.

The belt I ordered from the site showed a chrome buckle, the ones they had in stock were black, so they actually contacted me to make sure it was ok and gave me some options if not. From Pioneer the black would have cost even more, but some price at 9for9.

Anyway, I'm debating between trying to get an OHP or ATX Comp or maybe even The Golden. Hard to find info though, if anyone has any insight.

mettkeks

Post by mettkeks » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:26 pm

Tommy1507 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:07 am I am located in germany and was looking for a decent bar. I had several options.
ATX power bar (250€) or competition bar(280€) at megafitnessshop or other stores. Rogue Ohio Power bar (starts at 350€ with bare steel).And some bars from simpleproducts, a shop located in germany Hamburg. The sqmize Hamburg competition bar (280€) and sqmize Quantum(240€).
The ATX and sqmize bars all had mixed reviews, some prefer the ATXs and some the sqmize, but overall there were not too many reviews online. Most voted for the Rogue OPB. But i decided to I give the sqmize Quantum a shot and ordered it for around 223€ as they always have 7% discount. Shipping was free in germany but I don't know what they take for other countries in EU.
I was using a shitty 30€ bar before, so i can't compare the bar to other bars in this price range but overall i am very satisfied. Nice grip, exactly 20 kg and all measurements are correct.
I have the 2nd cheapest sqmize bar that was on amazon (the 700lb WL bar without the center knurling but with the PL rings). Bought it for €129.

It wasn't too bad at first, but the bearings are SO WORN OUT. Can't imagine it lasting very long for weightlifting.

Thought they were just some cheap chinese brand but apparently they make some top notch equippment. Got my eyes on the Hamburg competition bar now.

Cody
Equipment Guru

Post by Cody » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:47 am

@HMan Solid first post, welcome to the forum!

HMan

Post by HMan » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:41 am

Cody wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:47 am @HMan Solid first post, welcome to the forum!
Thanks Cody!

Tommy1507

Post by Tommy1507 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:46 am

mettkeks wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:26 pm
I have the 2nd cheapest sqmize bar that was on amazon (the 700lb WL bar without the center knurling but with the PL rings). Bought it for €129.

It wasn't too bad at first, but the bearings are SO WORN OUT. Can't imagine it lasting very long for weightlifting.

Thought they were just some cheap chinese brand but apparently they make some top notch equippment. Got my eyes on the Hamburg competition bar now.
I sent them an email them about the knurling because the descriptions were a little bit diffusing. They said that the Hamburg was medium sharp and the description on the website is WRONG and they want to change that. They didn't do that. They also said that the Quantum was sharp for sure. That was my main reason for buying the Quantum. Maybe that helps.
I think they also delete bad reviews on their website. And you get a 12,50€ discount for a review after buying. For me that leaves a bad taste.
The Quantum is fine for powerlifting. Benching is also fine. I have no experience with WL and can't rate the bearings.

mettkeks

Post by mettkeks » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:04 pm

Tommy1507 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:46 am
mettkeks wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:26 pm

I sent them an email them about the knurling because the descriptions were a little bit diffusing. They said that the Hamburg was medium sharp and the description on the website is WRONG and they want to change that. They didn't do that. They also said that the Quantum was sharp for sure. That was my main reason for buying the Quantum. Maybe that helps.
I think they also delete bad reviews on their website. And you get a 12,50€ discount for a review after buying. For me that leaves a bad taste.
The Quantum is fine for powerlifting. Benching is also fine. I have no experience with WL and can't rate the bearings.
It's all-bronze-bushing.

The main difference between the Hamburg and the Quantum seems to be the coating on the Hamburg, which should also make the grip less sharp. Right now the Quantum is listed at €240 and the Hamburg is listed at 280€. My preference for the Hamburg has 2 reasons: I prefer less sharp knurlings as I work with my hands all day and they get beat-up easy and I deadlift with straps anyways. The second reason being that it's assembled in germany. That's worth the €40 to me.

plaguewielder

Post by plaguewielder » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:47 am

Hi guys.
I have an option of acquiring this barbell, used one, not new though. Any ideas whether it's a solid option or not?
Thank you.
https://www.hatlex.com/english_/power-r ... 20-kg.html

mettkeks

Post by mettkeks » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:26 am

plaguewielder wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:47 am Hi guys.
I have an option of acquiring this barbell, used one, not new though. Any ideas whether it's a solid option or not?
Thank you.
Seems solid. I'd buy it.

plaguewielder

Post by plaguewielder » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:02 am

mettkeks wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:26 am
plaguewielder wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:47 am Hi guys.
Thank you.
Seems solid. I'd buy it.
Thank you, really appreciate it. It's 200€ so it's not that expensive anyway and it seems ok for long term.
Considering what I have now and the fact it's only for DL and squat...