Gainng weight

What's a carb? A car part? What's a macro? A type of camera lens?

Moderator: Manveer

michael
Young Padawan

Re: Gainng weight

Post by michael » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:28 pm

Good luck with the bulk. I think 1lb/week is reasonable at your age.

I recommend watching your waist measurement as well.

I'd say bulk at your 1lb/week rate until your waist is around 32". At that point diet for a month and get it back down to 30". Try to adjust the weight gain so that it takes several months to gain the 2". You want to spend most of your time bulking and just cut enough to curtail the fat gain.

Sergio07

Post by Sergio07 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:24 am

michael wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:28 pm Good luck with the bulk. I think 1lb/week is reasonable at your age.

I recommend watching your waist measurement as well.

I'd say bulk at your 1lb/week rate until your waist is around 32". At that point diet for a month and get it back down to 30". Try to adjust the weight gain so that it takes several months to gain the 2". You want to spend most of your time bulking and just cut enough to curtail the fat gain.
Thanks, I'll start doing that next week, I'll bump my calories slowly until I reach the point of gaining 1 lb/week, I'll be careful with my wais measurements, also the mirror I think it's a great tool to know if I'm going in the right direction. If I find myself gaining too much I may try a recomposition.

JohnHelton

Post by JohnHelton » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:43 am

Whole milk. None of this reduced fat crap.

I agree with @DirtyRed. You aren't in any real danger of being fat at sub 160 pounds while lifting heavy. You can slow down after that. 1 pound per week is a good target until then.

Sergio07

Post by Sergio07 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:03 am

JohnHelton wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:43 am Whole milk. None of this reduced fat crap.

I agree with @DirtyRed. You aren't in any real danger of being fat at sub 160 pounds while lifting heavy. You can slow down after that. 1 pound per week is a good target until then.
Thanks John, it makes me feel more relieved now and more confident of myself.
In my home there's only whole milk, any different type of milk is bs lol