Australians

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

Snofus

Re: Australians

Post by Snofus » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:48 pm

51M0N wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:05 am
Snofus wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:21 pm
51M0N wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:57 pm I have the Rouge rack and it is fantastic. The Alphafit rack seems way to expensive.

The only other rack I would consider if looking at the Rogue rack is the ATX commercial racks from samsfitness.
Good point, mate. I gave a look at ATX racks this morning, and they are pretty cool and priced reasonably. Do you know if ATX's racks are compatible with rogue's attachments?
They aren't, the ATX rack is slightly wider (80mm vs 75) and the hole size is bigger. The Verve attachments are compatible with Rogue if you are looking for more options for attachments. You don't need thicker or stronger metal than the Rogue, it could happily hold a tank.
How do you compare the ATX racks with Rogue's?

Snofus

Post by Snofus » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:49 pm

OCG wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:58 pm Uhh Cody likes Legend racks, the Hammer Strength racks are nice. Rogue racks are already overbuilt, thicker steel is just wasting money.
I wish to buy a rogue monster series rack, but they don't sell it in Australia, and now I don't even know where I can get an Eleiko barbell in Australia.

51M0N

Post by 51M0N » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:39 pm

I haven't used an ATX rack, but ATX makes very good quality gear and the specs are similar.

For home gym use I don't see any reason why you would want a Monster rack over a Monster Lite. The ML racks are stupidly overbuilt as is. You can buy Eleiko bars in Australia, but they are stupid expensive, and I think that Rogue bars are just as good.

I'm all for buying expensive gear (hence why I have a gym full of Rogue stuff), but at a certain point the benifits really aren't there.

OCG

Post by OCG » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:47 pm

Leisure Concepts is the supplier for Eleiko in Australia last I heard.

I'll agree with Simon that Eleiko is way overkill, and Rogue bars are pretty nice.

51M0N

Post by 51M0N » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:03 pm

There was an Eleiko competition powerbar for sale on Gumtree in Canberra a few months back and from memory they wanted about $1200 for it second hand.

I've been thinking about getting a second bar to do supersets. Should probably buy a beater bar, but flirting with a stainless steel OPB or probably the more sensible option of the ATX comp bar.

Sumo

Post by Sumo » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:28 pm

51M0N wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:03 pm There was an Eleiko competition powerbar for sale on Gumtree in Canberra a few months back and from memory they wanted about $1200 for it second hand.

I've been thinking about getting a second bar to do supersets. Should probably buy a beater bar, but flirting with a stainless steel OPB or probably the more sensible option of the ATX comp bar.
I'd go with some cheapo bar, something you can use for pin and rack work and not be worried it's destroying it.

51M0N

Post by 51M0N » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:48 pm

Yeah, it's a pity that there doesn't seem to be much in the way of good second hand barbells available. Had the opportunity to buy an ATX ram bar a few months back for $200 that I should have jumped on.

51M0N

Post by 51M0N » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:03 pm

Snofus I just noticed that Rogue Aus now have the coloured version of the ML rack (in red or black), which now also includes numbered holes, which was the only minor annoyance I have with my rack. Bit more expensive but might be worth a look.

Snofus

Post by Snofus » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:57 pm

51M0N wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:03 pm Snofus I just noticed that Rogue Aus now have the coloured version of the ML rack (in red or black), which now also includes numbered holes, which was the only minor annoyance I have with my rack. Bit more expensive but might be worth a look.
Thank you mate. I noticed that as well. Is your rack RML-690C? Have you bolted down to the floor?

Snofus

Post by Snofus » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:58 pm

OCG wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:47 pm Leisure Concepts is the supplier for Eleiko in Australia last I heard.

I'll agree with Simon that Eleiko is way overkill, and Rogue bars are pretty nice.
Nah, it seems that Leisure concepts has removed all the products from Eleiko

51M0N

Post by 51M0N » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:58 am

Snofus wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:57 pm
51M0N wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:03 pm Snofus I just noticed that Rogue Aus now have the coloured version of the ML rack (in red or black), which now also includes numbered holes, which was the only minor annoyance I have with my rack. Bit more expensive but might be worth a look.
Thank you mate. I noticed that as well. Is your rack RML-690C? Have you bolted down to the floor?
Mine is just the classic 690, they didn't have the C version in 2017. I bolted mine to my platform with some heavy ass screws, don't know if it needed it, but figured it wouldn't hurt.

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:37 pm

Tomektomek wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:06 pm
CoolColJ wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:39 am
Tomektomek wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:07 pm Heads up for anyone looking to buy the verve ssb or flat bench.

Until 29feb “leapyear20” for 20% off, just bought the ssb $359 shipped to Sydney.
Might cancel my order and redo it... yes still waiting since I preordered in January.....

edit - done!
Have you been given an indication as to when expected delivery is or an update?

I’ve purchased it and nothing?
Mine just shipped!

I suspect this SSB will be a bit harder than the Iron Edge, due to the larger pad and it sitting higher off your back.
Much like how the Elite FTS SS Yoke bar is harder than the Rogue SSB

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:22 am

So I sold my iron Edge SSb today, and a few hours later my Verve Elite SSb arrived :)

Now I noticed the Verve logo is on the opposite side of the pad compared to photos of others
Is this a recent change or someone at the factory put the cover on backwards...?

Compared to the iron Edge SSB, the pad is much firmer, and larger off course.
Even then it seems to sit a little wider on my shoulders.

Almost double the weight but I didn't have any issues moving it around, thanks to doing barbell curls :P

I won't be using it till another 3 days from now... :/
But I suspect it will feel harder, due to the larger pad.

Tomektomek

Post by Tomektomek » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:30 pm

CoolColJ wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:22 am So I sold my iron Edge SSb today, and a few hours later my Verve Elite SSb arrived :)

Now I noticed the Verve logo is on the opposite side of the pad compared to photos of others
Is this a recent change or someone at the factory put the cover on backwards...?

Almost double the weight but I didn't have any issues moving it around, thanks to doing barbell curls :P

Mine just came in today also, haven’t had a chance to open it. Won’t have a chance to use it for another 6 months until my house is built.
Will have to let us know how you like it. 👍

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:13 am

Tomektomek wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:30 pm
CoolColJ wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:22 am So I sold my iron Edge SSb today, and a few hours later my Verve Elite SSb arrived :)

Mine just came in today also, haven’t had a chance to open it. Won’t have a chance to use it for another 6 months until my house is built.
Will have to let us know how you like it. 👍
Check to see if your logo is on the right side - mine is definitely on the wrong side compared to the photos of others posted here and on Verve's site...

I emailed them, and they asked me to send some pics, and they said they have no issues sending me a new pad, but I think it's just a matter of taking the cover off and flipping it around.

I had to do a bit of WD40 cleaning on the bar, but overall pretty nice

I was only able to do a couple of light sets with 60kg x 8 today, as I can't squat heavy again till next Tuesday... next session will be sub-maximal explosive sets with 80-90kg x 7-5 or so, and today was supposed to be a rest day/upper body, but I just had to try it out :)

Initial impressions are that it is better balanced than the Iron Edge bar, there seems to be slightly less camber.
The Iron Edge handles are slightly more angled forward.

The pad is much firmer so it doesn't wobbly around on my back when moving/walking, unlike the iron Edge SSB.
The smooth chromed bar is way easier to rotate on the J hooks to get onto the pads vs the rough powder coating on the IE SSB, and won't rough up the J hook surface.

I find you also can't place the bar as far down the back as the Iron Edge one, I pretty much have to butt the pad against my neck or else the bar will try and roll back - I think due to the larger pad, so it's probably still sitting in the same location, and more secure with neck and back contact.

I put 2x 1kg micro loading plates on the inside as the bar weighs 28kg (I weighed it) to make loading easier :)

Tomektomek

Post by Tomektomek » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:05 pm

https://postimg.cc/gallery/rkVscPY

Mine seems to be back to front also, I might email verve and see what they can do, thanks for the heads up

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:17 pm

Tomektomek wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:05 pm https://postimg.cc/gallery/rkVscPY

Mine seems to be back to front also, I might email verve and see what they can do, thanks for the heads up
yeah they told me to just take the cover off and flip it around, which is what I also assumed, but 'm leaving mine as is :)

51M0N

Post by 51M0N » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:10 pm

So I sold off a couple of kettlebells for retail prices (demand was still so high I could have easily charged more) and have a nice stack of cash sitting in my gym equipment account now. Except if course there isn't any equipment available in Aus right now....

51M0N

Post by 51M0N » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:25 am

Rogue Aus just got a shipment if gear in, so if you are quick they have bars for sale.

TimF

Post by TimF » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:04 pm

I’ve been extremely happy with my IronEdge Assault Rack. But they’ve raised the price quite a bit since I made my purchase and now it’s just ridiculous.

When I purchased 1.5 years ago, it was $1680 for the rack plus storage attachment. So it was in the same price range as the Rogue ML half rack. Now it’s $2420(!). Which is a shame because it’s a solid rack.