How'd your training go?

All training and programming related queries and banter here

Moderators: mgil, chromoly, Manveer

CheekiBreekiFitness

Re: How'd your training go?

Post by CheekiBreekiFitness » Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:16 am

xuerebx wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:20 pm Anyone here ever subscribed to Data Driven Strengths' workouts? A few months ago they released their Infinity Programs. Seems interesting but I've never read any reviews by anyone on the internet (forums, YouTube, Reddit etc).

https://www.data-drivenstrength.com/infinity
I've never subscribed to it, but they seem like good people.

Now, if you want to follow the personalization route (I guess that's the point of the product anyways), I believe that you don't need much more than the free RTS training log, and some content about emerging strategies on Youtube (and the great thread about ES in this forum).

I feel that the earlier you learn how to coach yourself and tweak programs based on how you respond to it, the better.

xuerebx

Post by xuerebx » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:56 am

Not sure I'd go for it myself as it's out of my budget, but they do really seem like great guys, they've collaborated with Eric Helms too so they're definitely legit. I'm more so interested as to how the Excel program looks like. I'm currently running the SBS programs, they're very versatile.

janoycresva

Post by janoycresva » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:51 pm

considering doing only bulgarian split squats and leg extensions for quads for a few months, someone give me a reason not to try this

hate squatting and have a colorful injury history with it, leg press at my current gym sucks cock (actually no leg press has ever felt that good for me), no other leg machines there

ChasingCurls69

Post by ChasingCurls69 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:43 pm

janoycresva wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:51 pm considering doing only bulgarian split squats and leg extensions for quads for a few months, someone give me a reason not to try this

hate squatting and have a colorful injury history with it, leg press at my current gym sucks cock (actually no leg press has ever felt that good for me), no other leg machines there
How do you feel about Platz squats? Otherwise that seems like a solid idea for quads.

CheekiBreekiFitness

Post by CheekiBreekiFitness » Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:10 am

janoycresva wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:51 pm considering doing only bulgarian split squats and leg extensions for quads for a few months, someone give me a reason not to try this

Lets reverse the roles: give me a reason not to do it.

PS: Lunges / Split Squats are awesome, and not only for the quads.

EggMcMuffin

Post by EggMcMuffin » Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:56 am

Running a half marathon made me way more physically and mentally resilient. I weigh about 160 now and an LP'ing my deadlift to try to get back in the ball park of my old strength and holy fuck 320lbs is now 2x my bodyweight. Pulled it for a set of five and it was pretty difficult (I think I lost so much weight it's hard to figure out where to put stuff - I keep winding up with the bar an inch in front of me) but I never used to fight through sets like I did with that set. I had to take a fairly long break at the bottom of each rep and when I was a fatass I used to just resign myself to the weight being too heavy. lol.

fit40strong

Post by fit40strong » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:00 am

On September 07, 2023, I had a productive workout session. Here's a breakdown of my routine and how it went:

Shoulder Press: I started with 4 sets of 15 reps using 20kg (44lbs) dumbbells. This exercise helped me target my shoulder muscles and build upper body strength.

Side Lateral Raise: Following that, I did 4 sets of 15 reps with 15kg (33lbs) dumbbells. Side lateral raises are excellent for sculpting the shoulders and enhancing shoulder width.

Seated Shoulder Press: I continued with 4 sets of 15 reps using a 12kg (26lbs) barbell. Seated shoulder presses are effective for isolating the shoulder muscles and improving overhead strength.

Cable Upright Row: I added 4 sets of 15 reps at 37.5kg (82lbs). This exercise targets the traps and lateral deltoids, contributing to a well-rounded shoulder workout.

Clean n Press: I incorporated 2 sets of 15 reps with 2.5kg (5.5lbs) barbells. This exercise enhances overall body power and coordination.

EZ Bar Bicep Curl: I did 2 sets of 15 reps with 2x2.5kg (5.5lbs) weights. Bicep curls help with arm strength and aesthetics.

Y Press: I completed 4 sets of 1-minute intervals with 10kg (22lbs) dumbbells. Y presses are great for targeting the upper traps and deltoids.

Overhead Triceps Extension: I followed up with 4 sets of 1-minute intervals using 10kg (22lbs) dumbbells. This exercise is essential for triceps strength.

Modified Mountain Climber: I finished my workout with a 1-minute session of modified mountain climbers, focusing on core engagement and endurance.

Overall, the training session was challenging, and I felt a significant pump in my shoulder and arm muscles. It's important to progressively challenge yourself and maintain proper form to maximize the benefits of each exercise. I hope this detailed breakdown of my workout can provide valuable insights and motivation for fellow fitness enthusiasts. Keep pushing your limits, and remember that consistency is key to achieving your fitness goals! 💪🏋️‍♂️🔥

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:14 am

"Clean n Press: I incorporated 2 sets of 15 reps with 2.5kg (5.5lbs) barbells. This exercise enhances overall body power and coordination."

Ignoring the other weirdness of the chatbot's post, where exactly would one find 5.5 lb barbells (sic)? Apparently he was using more than one, but does not specify how many. I like the preschool student description of the reason for each exercise, just in case everyone here is a moron or new to lifting weights. Good thing we have an able teacher to guide us on our "Commendable" journey. (Insert random annoying emojis here)

DCR

Post by DCR » Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:19 am

Hardartery wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:14 am Ignoring the other weirdness of the chatbot's post, where exactly would one find 5.5 lb barbells (sic)?
I imagine that the intention was “dumbbells.” Still some glitches, apparently.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:43 am

DCR wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:19 am
Hardartery wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:14 am Ignoring the other weirdness of the chatbot's post, where exactly would one find 5.5 lb barbells (sic)?
I would find it hilarious to watch someone do Cleans with 5.5 lb DB's.

DCR

Post by DCR » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:38 pm

Hardartery wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:43 am
DCR wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:19 am
I would find it hilarious to watch someone do Cleans with 5.5 lb DB's.
It's not bad for something with no arms.