HELTH !

A place to track your progress, or lack thereof

Moderator: Chebass88

Hardartery

Re: GONNA LOOK LIKE A MAAB UNDERWEAR MODEL BY 2024

Post by Hardartery » Wed May 31, 2023 8:25 am

mbasic wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:16 am
[rambling begins....]

Only thing I could hope for, is the last two months or so I opted for HCG shots....and had been doing those. Hopefully my natural production isn't total destroyed like shooting pure test, I was NOT happy with the ball shrinkage at all. The wife did not like it either, as was wondering why I did not opt for that from the beginning.

Apparently, or the story I'm told: the feds reclassified what kind of chemical HCG is a while back .... so its like a more 'dangerous' or higher regulated substance now. This has affected what phrama-companies are allowed/authorized to make it. Before, it was treated as more of a harmless substance, and there were many small companies who made it. NOW, only a handful (3 or 4) big globo-phrama companies make it. So its harder to come by and/or a lot more expensive. It seems like a really had to pull teeth to get them to use it on me.

Anyways, hopefully the drop isn't terrible.
I always had them lower dosage. I didn't want levels 1200 (trough) to 2000 (peak). I was like 700-1000. They wanted to see me at 1000 ....but when they pull bloods, that was at trough levels, so peak was naturally going to a lot higher.

My first point is I wasn't TRT-blasting.

My 2nd point, (lifting wise) I don't see that it helped all that much. So coming off may not be so extreme or whatever. I still haven't hit a couple recent PR numbers I had a year or so before all this.....when I was really working out hard with my son. And I wasn't doing terrible with 200 levels of test.....so maybe the cratering thats coming won't be so bad.

Sex drive and dick-function-wise wise? same thing. I was doing fine in those departments before and actually got worse (longer term) with TRT.
All that^ said, I do remember when I first started up, they were giving me my initial dosage, and I did notice a instant bump in gym strength, and some crazy shit wrt libido .... but that lasted only 2 or 3 weeks at best. The sex drive thing there was 1 noticeable week where is was crazy. Once my bloods came back, everything was dialed back. My own test generating probably got blunted too. The rest of my experience has been lack luster IMO. Its has helped with the depression; I figure this is much better option than SSRIs or something.... I hate anything phrama.

Wife came to workout with me (she did Stairmaster whole time), so I was kind pressured to wrap things up quickly at the end.
At the beginning of this, there was a half three-quarter naked girl working out in the smith machine which was close to me .... which was weird/awkward. Basically, the most naked girl I have seen at a gym that I remember. She was 35-40, and really shouldn't be THAT naked (didn't have the body for it at all; was overly tan; basically body dysmorphia).
I have been on and off a couple of times now, I have switched product and dosage several times. I currently run Sustanon one shot every two weeks. That puts me at 500 more or less at trough (When they say you are supposed to measure, 489 last lab) on a range of300 to 900 at this lab (I think, it might be 300-1000 but I don't have the results handy and am too lazy to look). I have run as high as 1000-1100 at the same lab on other protocols. I actually feel much better where I am now than I did at 1000. The main difference between TRT and not has been work capacity as far as the gym goes. I can get 5 reps where I would have hit 3 with low T, and I can push things enough to get sore muscles which I never got before TRT.

The HCG will make a big difference for you, it means you have natural production going already so it's just a matter of the feedback loop kicking in which may be quick. I didn't get much shrinkage, but they did get weird for a while and now they are normal feeling again. You should be fairly smooth, honestly. You might even like a slightly lower test level. I'm sure a serious dose that kicks me up to a test level of several thousand feels awesome, but the difference between 600 and 1000 was just a number on paper.

I feel you on the gym hoochie too, there was a girl in the gym yesterday wearing shorts that offered a clear and distinct outline of everything below the waist. They were kinda graphic, and she was maybe 20 but probably 18 or possibly less. She and her similarly clad workout buddy were front and center all around me during squats doing multiple things directly in my line of vision. It just made me feel lecherous every time I looked the wrong way and got an eyeful.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Wed May 31, 2023 1:31 pm

5-31-2023

--AB CRUNCH MACHINE--
60x15
95x15x3
85x13
75x15x2
on 3' s.i.

-- CARDIO/ELLIPTICAL--
35 min. incline 12.
My HR was around 130-135 during all this.
Seems higher after that little bit of weight-training.
If I go straight into cardio first (just cardio only) it seems lower of course, duh, when I start.
But then even after 15 minutes, its doesn't creep up to these levels like today.

Also, had a weird over-emotional freak out today with the wife.
Not a fight ... but got all emotional/loopy/weird/lovey-dovey ...I think its going sideways already.
fuk
Last edited by mbasic on Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:15 am

6-1-2023 Thur "BACK AND BI's brah !"

--SEAT'D CHST SPPT ROW: 227.5*8; 220*8*3 ...4's.i.
superset with
--CALF RAISE: 300*12, *15*4

--BTN LAT PULL DOWNS
165*8*2
170*8
3' s.i.

--MATRIX LAT PULLDOWN MACH--
190*10*4
3's.i.

--BENT OVER RR DELT CABLE RAISE-
20*10*4

--STANDING DB CURL--
25*8
35*8
45*7
40*8*2
Took a hit on these according to the log (last week:"45x8x3")
Superset with seated calves 4 x 15
Edit: that old "45*8*3" has to be wrong

--PREACHER EZB CURLS--
bar+40# *8*3

----------

NOTE: so the seated rows were funny, This is/was one of my KPI's to track progress, you can't really cheat with your chest stuck to the pad, the weight stack is consistant. I did 220x8x4 last time, could make the weight stack 'clink' at the end ROM (the 'top'). I figured do it again before moving up. Today I warmed up with a few sets, AND IT FELT SO HEAVY, I couldn't make it clink. I thought this was the "beginning of the end" (no moar trt) .... anyways, then I notice the fine tune adjustment loading do-hickey gizmo was set at +7.5#. It was really 227.5. Whew! Then the same thing happened on curls. I had down 45x8x4 last week. I really don't think that happened and it was a typo; the week before I did 40x8x4....I don't think I could progress like that in 6 days or whatever. Anyway, I'm getting paranoid waiting for my anabolic crash....but like I said, it didn't really help 'in that department', so maybe it won't be so bad.

I have also made a more conscious effort to eat more protein at each meal, and displace some fat.

I also have always had some bicep irritation in my rt. bicep. Its getting worse now.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:34 am

6-2-2023 FRI leg day

--CONV.DL--
135x5x2; 225x5x2
295x3
355x1
395x1 @5 lol
355x5x2
365x5
still going ezpz on these .... cuz muh knee

--WALKING DB LUNGES--
50x8x3
surprised this wasn't worse than it was.
I actually get a nice (very slight) quad pump out of these.....considering most would say its a butt exercise

--LEG EXTENSION WITH BFR BANDS--
75-40# x 26,12,15,15,15 @ 30 sec rests
total burn/pump brah

....thats it. Felt pretty good.

=============================================

I should feel the crash in the next week or two.
Most of the posts/research/accounts of going cold turkey seem to talk about "3 weeks".
My levels should be getting pretty low now; timewise I'm right around the vertical line ("38.5" mark).
I think Monday I'll do bloods. It will be interesting to see the LH/FSH levels at zero....or not.

So there's two things: my T-levels will crater first; but then how long will it take before my brain/pituitary gland recognizes this and squirts out some LH/FSH to get my (shrunken) balls to ooze out some T-juice again ? ..... when that whole system is been in the crapper. I guess my only h

Fun times.
Last edited by mbasic on Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:41 am

mbasic wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:34 am 6-2-2023 FRI leg day

--CONV.DL--
135x5x2; 225x5x2
295x3
355x1
395x1 @5 lol
355x5x2
365x5

--WALKING DB LUNGES--
50x8x3
I actually get a nice (very slight) quad pump out of these.....considering most would say its a butt exercise

total burn/pump brah

....thats it. Feel pretty good.

Most of the posts/research/accounts of going cold turkey seem to talk about "3 weeks".
My levels should be getting pretty low; timewise I'm right around the vertical line/mouse arrow.

If you are still using the HCG that line is not accurate. If you used it all the way up to the last shot of test, it also is not accurate. How were you taking the HCG?

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:51 am

Hardartery wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:41 am
mbasic wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:34 am 6-2-2023 FRI leg day

--CONV.DL--
135x5x2; 225x5x2
295x3
355x1
395x1 @5 lol
355x5x2
365x5

--WALKING DB LUNGES--
50x8x3

total burn/pump brah

....thats it. Feel pretty good.

My levels should be getting pretty low; timewise I'm right around the vertical line/mouse arrow.

If you are still using the HCG that line is not accurate. If you used it all the way up to the last shot of test, it also is not accurate. How were you taking the HCG?
yeah, my post got cut off there. I was writing "my only hope" ... is the HCG I was taking.

So maybe the levels are higher; but that's just going to kick the can down the road father.
Even though HCG is supposed to preserve some of the testicle function (spermiogenesis, test.production, etc) ... my brain/glands ain't going to read "your test levels are low" and it won't start secreting LH/FSH .... until my levels get woefully low for a while. And being that THAT whole system hasn't done jack shit for a while ....well, I guess its probably going to take a bit. Say once is DOES start cranking out LH/FSH, maybe the HCG saved me because my ball are more "in tact" (not fully) than they would have been otherwise (with say no HCG).

They would give me only 250IU 2x week. IMO, and from what I've read, that's sorta under-dosed.
That got cut off the same day as my last test shot.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:58 am

My only other "hope" .... is I seemed to operate fine, in some areas, on low test levels before hand.

mental health wise .... no

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:17 pm

mbasic wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:51 am
yeah, my post got cut off there. I was writing "my only hope" ... is the HCG I was taking.

So maybe the levels are higher; but that's just going to kick the can down the road father.
Even though HCG is supposed to preserve some of the testicle function (spermiogenesis, test.production, etc) ... my brain/glands ain't going to read "your test levels are low" and it won't start secreting LH/FSH .... until my levels get woefully low for a while. And being that THAT whole system hasn't done jack shit for a while ....well, I guess its probably going to take a bit. Say once is DOES start cranking out LH/FSH, maybe the HCG saved me because my ball are more "in tact" (not fully) than they would have been otherwise (with say no HCG).

They would give me only 250IU 2x week. IMO, and from what I've read, that's sorta under-dosed.
The HCG is an analogue for LH, so your pituitary is not likely t kick in immediately because you will have artificially high "LH" in your system. But, it is extremely short lived, and you were being massively over dosed TBH. Normal more a man would be 250-500 IU EOD. That is of course off-label (As was what they were doing), and it is EOD due to it's method action. Taking it every day has no benefits it is only increased cost and use. 2500IU twice a week is closer to what they dose women trying to get pregnant and not relevant in dosing for men. You wouldn't give a women 125 mg a week of test for TRT either because that isn't the relevant dose for their biology as far as "Replacement" therapy goes. The balls should be kicking hard and the pituitary will react strongly once it wakes up and realizes your levels are dropping, at least as far as it is able. Your trough should be much less severe than if you had not used the HCG, but ideally you would be on a low dose of Clomid or Tamoxifen right now to restart the system. Ideally Tamoxifen, but that's still waiting on research for endos to be comfortable with it. Guys coming off cycle have guinea pigged these things pretty thoroughly and Tamoxifen is better for several reasons.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:10 pm

Hardartery wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:17 pm

The HCG is an analogue for LH, so your pituitary is not likely t kick in immediately because you will have artificially high "LH" in your system. But, it is extremely short lived, and you were being massively over dosed TBH. Normal more a man would be 250-500 IU EOD.
I think we are talking past eachother or something.
I was getting 250 IU every 3.5 days. (500 total per week).
A lot of stuff I've read, its typically 500 2 or 2 or 3 times a week.

So only the last 3 weeks the HCG was given at 250 IU @ 2x/week. (500/week)

The +/- 6 weeks prior to that^, it was only @ 1x/week.(250/week) ..... it wasn't doing shit (ball-growth, or even didn't raise my Test levels) so they upped it.

The majority of the time prior to this^ .... it was just straight test.cyp. injections 2x/week.
I was doing 120 test. for the last 4 months.
It went 150 for 3 weeks, then 135 for a month, then 120 for the remainder until now (60 every "3.5 days").
I thought my blood test levels were too high at first, trouble sleeping, E2 sides, etc so we dialed it back and went from 1x to 2x weekly.

E2 stuff was a trip. The emotions. Cried with wife on phone a couple of times.
ED now and then. (that just could have been test level too high also I suppose)
I actually lost my sex drive / libido for a bit .... THAT's when I freaked out.
It was totally not normal.
Yeah, typing all this out .... I think I'll roll the dice on the depression thing again. TRT sucks.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:58 pm

mbasic wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:10 pm
Hardartery wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:17 pm

The HCG is an analogue for LH, so your pituitary is not likely t kick in immediately because you will have artificially high "LH" in your system. But, it is extremely short lived, and you were being massively over dosed TBH. Normal more a man would be 250-500 IU EOD.
I think we are talking past eachother or something.
I was getting 250 IU every 3.5 days. (500 total per week).
A lot of stuff I've read, its typically 500 2 or 2 or 3 times a week.

So only the last 3 weeks the HCG was given at 250 IU @ 2x/week. (500/week)

The +/- 6 weeks prior to that^, it was only @ 1x/week.(250/week) ..... it wasn't doing shit (ball-growth, or even didn't raise my Test levels) so they upped it.

The majority of the time prior to this^ .... it was just straight test.cyp. injections 2x/week.
I was doing 120 test. for the last 4 months.
It went 150 for 3 weeks, then 135 for a month, then 120 for the remainder until now (60 every "3.5 days").
I thought my blood test levels were too high at first, trouble sleeping, E2 sides, etc so we dialed it back and went from 1x to 2x weekly.

E2 stuff was a trip. The emotions. Cried with wife on phone a couple of times.
ED now and then. (that just could have been test level too high also I suppose)
I actually lost my sex drive / libido for a bit .... THAT's when I freaked out.
It was totally not normal.
Yeah, typing all this out .... I think I'll roll the dice on the depression thing again. TRT sucks.
I totally misread the number, I saw 2500 IU, not 250. E2 is a goofy ass thing. Mine cranked sky high when I started the first time, I did the dumb thing and took a little anastrozole (aromatase inhibidor) and promptly got two mild injuries at the gym with a totally crashed E2 number. Low E2 sucks, high E2 is weird. I don't really like test cypionate, I like sustanon a LOT more, and enanthate is a little better than cypionate. TRT really sucked at first, it took some labs and playing around with things to get it to a good spot. The sex drive thing was the main reason I went on, thankfully I didn't get any ED but I have seen plenty of guys have those issues when the E2 gets up there too high relative to the test level.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:27 pm

6-3-2023 Sat AM

weird day

--INCLINE PRESS--
225x8x3
4's.i.
last set was an absolute @10. (got a spotter)

--STANDING BTN OHP--
45x8
105x8
130x8,7
125x8
115x8

these completely torched my shoulders, a cramping type severe pump
that I could not recover from. I don't think it was an injury.
Maybe the maximal inclines primed me for a fuckin' here or something?

--FLAT MATRIX PLATE LOAD MACHINE BP--
180x12x3
shoulders still tight, pumped, burning

--SEATED EZB OH TRI EXT--
80x8 .... no fucking way can do anymore, delts screaming

--TRICEP ROPE PUSHDOWN--
50x10x5

fuck

---------------------

Later: Sunned 20min nude each side.
Last edited by mbasic on Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:05 am

6-4-2023. Sun

AM - CARDIO?:
90min hiking up and down some desert foothills with wife and doggo.

==================
Last edited by mbasic on Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

DanCR

Post by DanCR » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:59 am

mbasic wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:27 pm Later: Sunned…
Was reading along and then actually heard the sound of myself coming to a screeching halt.

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:06 pm

DCR wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:59 am
Was reading along and then actually heard the sound of myself coming to a screeching halt.
Fuck it.

Gotta get that (vitamin) D any which way you can.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:38 am

Renascent wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:06 pm
DCR wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:59 am
Fuck it.

Gotta get that (vitamin) D any which way you can.
I feel like crap during certain parts of the day now. Get really tired and exhausted; after spells of energy and happiness....

I do spend a lot of time outside compared to the average joe, it my back yard with a lot of tree cover, with shirt long sleeve shirt on. .... usually cover up. Typical arm tan thing, so I always wear long sleeve shirts. Head in tan, and back of neck, so wear a hat. walking around doing yard work, etc with by body an upright/vertical orientation when the sun is straight up is no good obvs. Morning and evening less sun, and long shadows from all the trees and house. Long story short, none of this is ideal.

Not only vitamin D, there's a lot of newer science how long wave infrared radiation penetrates the skin down to the bone, and actually stimulates your mitochondria in all your cells (this jumps starts intercellular melatonin production, among other things). It might be actually useful for you balls too. The current 'red-light-therapy-sauna' trend is trying to capitalize on this, but I think they are getting wrong in a way.

I know it sounds like joe-rogan-cult-metaphysical-stuff .... but there's actually a lot of hard science behind the effects of sunlight.
What's funny, my wife was the one who suggested it ... and she's not into any of the "vein-stuff" that goes along with tanning. She's very conservative, prude, or whatever along those lines.

I'm going to try to do anything possible to stimulate my own production of hormones, and trying to rectify my "hormonal axis". Its just not testosterone, but estrogen, cortisol, dopamine, etc also. Need to address sleep, and trying to re-align my lifestyle with the natural human circadian rhythms of the day/solar period.

Some of this is a bitch with my work. I wake up a 3:15 am M-F. AT work at 4am. In office until about 6-7. I'm up 2 hours or so before the sun comes up. And this screws up the evenings going to sleep. Also, I don't sleep well in general. I signed up to have a sleep study/consultation done, but they are 3-4 weeks out on even sitting down and talking with me..... ( but I'm 95% sure I don't have sleep apnea, from wife's observations).

================

6-4-2023 SUN PM

Sunned nude again. about 18-20 min per side. 1:30pm so was careful.
BTW, for anyone reading, I have what I'd call "good skin" for this. I tan easy/dark completion/don't burn unless I do something stupid.
I have no moles (one on my neck) or skin tags really. No freckles. Etc.

Went to gym with wife, later in evening....

--AB CRUNCH MACHINE--
95x15x4 @ 3's.i. .... this is a PR I guess (4x15)

--STRAIGHT LEG CALF EXT MACH.---
300x15
320x12x5
3' s.i.

tried to do the elliptical, but I was just too tired, sleepy, depressed by this point. Fuck it, hiking was 'cardio' this morning.

mbasic

Re: HELTH !

Post by mbasic » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:29 pm

6-5-2023 MON

--LAT PULLDOWN--
130*8; 180*5
210*8*4
4's.i.
used straps on last two sets, and it was SO MUCH BETTER . A 4x8 PR I guess.

--ONE ARM SEATED CABLE ROW--
160*10*3
3' s.i.

--BTN LAT PULLDOWN
150*10*3 ...very strict
3's.i.

--RR DELT FLY MACHINE--
127.5 *12, 11, 10
1:30 rests, machine's timer

... rt bicep has been bothering me lately. Gonna switch things up.

--DB HAMMER CURL--
30*12*4

--ONE CABLE CURL--
30*10 left arm only, 1 rep on rt arm ....yeah, shit's fucked up there

----------------------

6 PM CARDIO w/ wife at gym.

FAST WALK INCLINED TREADMILL
with two layers of clothes on.
35 min.
Last edited by mbasic on Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:11 pm

mbasic wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:38 amI know it sounds like joe-rogan-cult-metaphysical-stuff .... but there's actually a lot of hard science behind the effects of sunlight.
Say no more.

If my fences afforded ample privacy, I probably would've jumped on the sunbathing train already. As it is, I try to get what I can.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:36 am

6-6-2023 TUES

--CONV.DL--
135*5*2; 225*5*2; 315*3, *2
365*1
385*1
405*1@6 hook, shoes, beltless
335*10*3 straps
(do only +5# next time)

--WALKING DB LUNGES--
50*10 * one set only
just to stave off lunge doms nx wk

--LYING LEG CURL--
100*12,12,10
3' s.i.

Long rest; I was completely wasted after this.
I thought of trying some light squats, and then tried belt squats.
Just couldn't do it. The deads felt like HIIT, and the that one set of lunges killed me.

--LEG EXT MACHINE --
80*25,25,20,15
NO bfr
1:30 rests
At least I got a quad pump.

After this I got super sleepy tired, went to bed at 6:45 or so (I wakeup at 3:15 typ.).

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:05 pm

6-7-2023 WED

--PWR CLN + OHP--
190(1+6)*1*3
this is 3x6 PR I guess.
last set was an absolute @10.00
on 4's.i.
will TRY 4s x 6r nx week.
Maybe 6,6,6,5 or something.

--DB INCLINE PRESS--
80*8,8,8,7
on 3's.i.
better than last week

--LTE--
35+2½ *8,8,8,7
on 3's.i.

--MATX PLT LOADED FLAT BP MACH--
180*10*4
on 3' s.i.

--CABLE DELT LAT.RAISE--
35*10
40*8*2
Back to using the standard crossover machine; they finally fixed it. Went heavier.
3's.i.

--ROPE OH CABLE TRI EXT--
70*12
80*10*2

Did do the pec flye machine, maybe that irritates my bicep; give it a rest.
things appear to be moving forward.
I don't know what happened last 'push day' workout, this was about normal.
good/OK energy here; had this not been during work, I would've done a set more here or there.
exactly 1 hr.

I wish my pwr cln day was rotated around with my leg day.
My legs have no pep at all after yesterday, the pwr cleans look sloggy.

Np cardio today; tomorrow is "abz and calves" .... so cardio after that crap.

I may have lost a pound of BW.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:35 am

6-8-2023 THURS

PM

CARDIO ELLIPTICAL w/ INCLINE FUNCTION
40 min.
HR was from 115-130 during