NFL Chatter

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

mouse

Re: NFL Chatter

Post by mouse » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:11 am

mbasic wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:15 am Did you guys see his fucking hands! That shit ain't right
Ah yes, the good old fencing response, which is a great indicator that, as you mentioned, shit ain't right...

Did we all notice how many unaffiliated neuro trauma professionals were pulling players out of games yesterday? Couldn't have been just me.

The league is in hyper protect-our-ass mode...

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:19 pm

mouse wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:11 am
mbasic wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:15 am Did you guys see his fucking hands! That shit ain't right
Ah yes, the good old fencing response, which is a great indicator that, as you mentioned, shit ain't right...

Did we all notice how many unaffiliated neuro trauma professionals were pulling players out of games yesterday? Couldn't have been just me.

The league is in hyper protect-our-ass mode...
your Colombian dictator 'jail!' meme was hilarious .... and quite true.

I believe this effect carried down to HS football levels even.

Everyone was calling for heads: "somebody needs to get fired !!!!". I'm sure that's the neuro-experts 2nd job or a side-gig. They are probably more interested in that job .... with the fringe benefits of standing around on an NFL sideline during a game (better than front row tickets) than they are any additional income they get from the 'work' itself. I'm sure any neuro-expert that gets fired goes back to his day job just fine .... back to dealing with chronic migraines, and getting paid doing nothing about Alzheimer's patents ... "yep, he's got Alzheimer's". Occasional brain tumor here or there.

The doctors understand this, as does the team, HC, and the NFL ..... its is pre-programmed fall-guy/scape-goat thing.

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:07 am

3 out 4 of my top fantasy picks are done for the season.

mouse

Post by mouse » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:53 pm

I'm gonna bill Russ Wilson for the holes I'm gonna punch in my drywall if he doesn't do SOME. THING.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:21 am

mouse wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:53 pm I'm gonna bill Russ Wilson for the holes I'm gonna punch in my drywall if he doesn't do SOME. THING.
there was a twitter post/meme two days before the TNFB game ....
can't find the exact one but it went like this:
Broncos vs. Colts game this Thursday in a nutshell:

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:31 am

I generally despise most/a lot pro athletes, especially from the current generation.... as they're arrogant, and I honestly believe their minds have been altered/warped since or before puberty.... once identified as sports-phenoms and coddled and spoiled their whole lives.

BUUUUTTT ....

somehow I want to give a pass to Devante Adams pushing that camera man down.
Yes, you're a professional cameraman or grip or whatever the fuck you are, why are you stumbling into athletes with a several thousand dollar piece of equipment. Sure Adams was pissed off, basically just did 2 to 3 hours of combat....sure his instinctive reaction to force in more force.
Get the fuck out the way. Pull your head out of your ass and be aware. Yes, you get pushed onto the ground.

member when the retard rode up on Usian Bolts heels? same kinda thing, not that Adams would get hurt bumping into a camera man walking around like an idiot .... but just goddamn: the baffoonery on the part of a professional-media-person on one of the biggest stages/venues out there.

or say

murphyreedus

Post by murphyreedus » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:25 am

mbasic wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:31 am somehow I want to give a pass to Devante Adams pushing that camera man down.

If your "instinctive reaction" when a person gets in your way/stumbles at you is to shove them over, you're an asshole and should be treated like one. Neither of the examples you show are even remotely the same situation, and the post-game march off the field is always full of people walking in every direction.

Adams was pissy, and took it out on a bystander off the field because he dared get into his way. A misdemeanor charge and a short suspension seems absolutely appropriate. Anyway, he's officially a real Raider now.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:03 pm

murphyreedus wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:25 am
mbasic wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:31 am somehow I want to give a pass to Devante Adams pushing that camera man down.

If your "instinctive reaction" when a person gets in your way/stumbles at you is to shove them over, you're an asshole and should be treated like one. Neither of the examples you show are even remotely the same situation, and the post-game march off the field is always full of people walking in every direction.

Adams was pissy, and took it out on a bystander off the field because he dared get into his way. A misdemeanor charge and a short suspension seems absolutely appropriate. Anyway, he's officially a real Raider now.
You want players to go to combat for 3 hours. They wow to kill one another. League is full of wife beaters and criminals. Its basically a sport of violence, and supported by fans as such. Treat them gladiators. Let them do PEDs/steroids/drugs/coke/etc. (the NFL drug testing policy is a joke, and intentionally built to be a joke to not catch anyone). All kinds of narcistic psychoses have set in since pee-wee football.... Mix in some CTE side effects. I mean, you got NFL stars swinging around TWO helmets at joint practices like fucking pschyos trying to kill people....mums the word.

....and then a clumsy goofy camera-dude stumbles in a player's way, and everyone is shock-face-surprised and offended when his nano-second-reaction is push the guy ... I mean, push force was a 2 out of 10 there, but alas he's genetic killing machine... and the beatnik who fell was holding a 20-pound-$2000-camera off balance of whatever.

IDK, this seems like nothing burger to me.

I bet the only thing he could do was file charges with police, as I bet from a civil point of view the camera-man-guy probably signs the mother of all waivers as far as his terms of employment with the media-globo-corp (written in part by the N-F-fucking-L I'm sure) he works for. Indemity agreements and all that if he takes a helmet to the head, or say a bottle from a fan.

I'll restate: I can't stand these diva-pro-athletes, and if you dug thru my post history here, or at SS you'll see where I've super critical of these folks.

But I'll say it again: "git owt da whey".

DCR

Post by DCR » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:21 pm

aurelius wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:55 am … And now my fantasy season rides on Geno Smith ..
Acccccccctually…

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:09 pm

DCR wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:21 pm Acccccccctually…
I drafted Trey lance, Cam Akers and Elijah Mitchell. Jamar Chase has had one good game. I am in a 12 team league…dead in the water.

mouse

Post by mouse » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:50 am

aurelius wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:09 pm I am in a 12 team league…dead in the water.
2-4 right now, Cousins is on a bye and I can't in good conscience roll out Russ so I'm betting my survival on Tua's scrambled brains...

I keep asking myself why I'm holding on to Russ and then I look at the FA's and realize there's literally no one left to help me so... it's like having a lottery ticket with the wrong numbers that I keep hoping will change...

DCR

Post by DCR » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:13 am

aurelius wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:09 pm
DCR wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:21 pm Acccccccctually…
I drafted Trey lance, Cam Akers and Elijah Mitchell. Jamar Chase has had one good game. I am in a 12 team league…dead in the water.
Yeah, you’re fucked. (I’m in a similar situation.) Was commenting only on Geno’s stunning emergence as a very respectable QB.

mouse

Post by mouse » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:59 am

DCR wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:13 am Was commenting only on Geno’s stunning emergence as a very respectable QB.
I have vivid nightmares of telling a co-worker about how I was rolling with Russ Wilson, Jeudy, and the Broncos D/ST that first week because "They play the Seahawks, and who do they have at QB? Fuckin GENO SMITH?"

Did not age well...

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:05 pm

mouse wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:59 am
DCR wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:13 am Was commenting only on Geno’s stunning emergence as a very respectable QB.
I have vivid nightmares of telling a co-worker about how I was rolling with Russ Wilson, Jeudy, and the Broncos D/ST that first week because "They play the Seahawks, and who do they have at QB? Fuckin GENO SMITH?"

Did not age well...
actually rooting for Geno.

From what I remember, wasn't he kinda traumatized by the whole Jets experience straight out of college? Don't remember, something Rex Ryan and Sanchez baffonery and probably being put in to soon without enough experience on a bad team?

Hiphopapotamus

Post by Hiphopapotamus » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:44 pm

mbasic wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:05 pm

Did not age well...

From what I remember, wasn't he kinda traumatized by the whole Jets experience straight out of college? Don't remember, something Rex Ryan and Sanchez baffonery and probably being put in to soon without enough experience on a bad team?
To fair, all of that should be assumed when signing a contract with the Jets so that's kind of on him.

mouse

Post by mouse » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:19 am

Thank you Eno Benjamin for at least giving me a flutter of hope this weekend

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:06 am

Hiphopapotamus wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:44 pm
mbasic wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:05 pm

Did not age well...

To fair, all of that should be assumed when signing a contract with the Jets so that's kind of on him.
I thought he was drafted by the Jets out of college .... unless you are really really gifted, and a whinny bitch, I think you are pretty much stuck with the team that (wants to) drafts you.

He had already slipped way down in the draft from what I remember over some controversy/drama/gossip/bad last year in college.

=======================

Also rooting for Jamis Winston .... as a goof. That guy is a total nut job, I want him to the spotlight! And he's better than Dalton (at the current time in the given situation).

DCR

Post by DCR » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:38 pm

mbasic wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:06 am Also rooting for Jamis Winston .... as a goof. That guy is a total nut job, I want him to the spotlight! And he's better than Dalton (at the current time in the given situation).
Yes! When he was floating around as a backup two/three years back I wanted Pittsburgh to sign him solely for entertainment. I wasn’t sure of his status this past offseason and still hoped for him before they went the polar opposite direction (entertainment-wise) and signed Trubisky.

DCR

Post by DCR » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:47 pm

DCR wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:38 pm
mbasic wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:06 am Also rooting for Jamis Winston .... as a goof. That guy is a total nut job, I want him to the spotlight! And he's better than Dalton (at the current time in the given situation).
Yes! When he was floating around as a backup two/three years back I wanted Pittsburgh to sign him solely for entertainment. I wasn’t sure of his status this past offseason and still hoped for him before they went the polar opposite direction (entertainment-wise) and signed Trubisky.
Nevermind, we already have a gunslinger who throws backbreaking INTs. We’re good here.

murphyreedus

Post by murphyreedus » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:40 pm

DCR wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:47 pm Nevermind, we already have a gunslinger who throws backbreaking INTs. We’re good here.
Would you be interested in an aging diva weirdo 4-time MVP with a disastrous contract? I can throw in a few extra low % deep plays for 3rd and short situations.