Pre-workouts with Octodrine

What's a carb? A car part? What's a macro? A type of camera lens?

Moderator: Manveer

Shane
Great Old One

Pre-workouts with Octodrine

Post by Shane » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:24 am

This shit - I don't think it's placebo. I'm typing this at 1:21 AM, I want to go to bed, I've had an embarrassing number of beers trying to dull the buzz and to mis-quote Gandalf, "the Oettinger cheap-ass 500ml cans will not avail you, Shane of Brisbane". So the pre-workout is this, which I bought on a whim with my last batch of whey and creatine. Administered with a double-espresso.

Before you get all doctor science about caffeine and sleep latency, I have for the last four years, had 2 double espressos before every evening session (7:30 pm start, roughly), and can get to bed around 12 just fine. I respond to caffeine wonderfully, but I can also sleep with some in the tank. So acknowledging the marketed stimulant effect of the Octo stuff I cut my double espressos to one. The sleep, it not come. Anyone familiar with this stuff and its effects? I'm going to bin it because I value having a job, and I'm not super keen on feeling every heart beat as a full body experience. Anyway.
Last edited by Shane on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cwd

Re: Pre-workouts with Octodrine

Post by cwd » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:48 am

Googled it. A powerful stimulant/decongestant that's not well studied, and not abused prominently enough to be made illegal yet.

I would not consume such a thing. Nothing's as anabolic as sleeping.

ithryn

Post by ithryn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:46 am

1,3-dimethylamylamine? I guess it's got to be good if meth is right in the name. You can apparently also call it geranium oil. That makes it sound wholesome.

Can apparently test you positive for amphetamines.

https://examine.com/supplements/1-3-dimethylamylamine/

chromoly
Magneto

Post by chromoly » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 am

I googled "octodrine" and got this: DMHA in Australia is banned for OTC purchase as of October 1st 2017. DMHA on this date is classified as a schedule 10 drug which requires a security clearance prescription. It is illegal for importation without an import permit.

Not the source of ^ but https://www.tga.gov.au/book-page/12-13- ... amine-dmha

ithryn

Post by ithryn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:09 pm

Amazon is selling bulk powder, e.g.: https://www.amazon.com/DMHA-Bulk-Powder ... eptane-100

Only 4 and 5 star reviews, lol. Comes with a 75 mg scoop (!) but advises measuring with a mg scale instead. All the reviews seem to rave about two heaping scoops.

This is not an endorsement and you'll probably die.

Did anybody ask Jordan about this yet? Lol

cwd

Post by cwd » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:29 pm

Haven't people died from caffeine overdoses, when they bought the pure powder intended for mixing into personal pre-workouts?

I think a single spoonful will kill you.

Shane
Great Old One

Post by Shane » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:05 pm

All good info folks! I'm worse for wear today. And yeah, this is now a discontinued supplement. Fucking .gov.au banned it as you said Chromoly. Wowsers. Funny because this one replaced a discontinued pre-workout that contained an ingredient that was banned earlier. I tink the NO3X model be cursed! "Our R&D team is currently working on a replacement product, however no release date has been set." I wonder what's going to replace the Kigelia Africana Extract.
I didn't bin it. But I will save it for morning/afternoon weekend sessions. Or for party drug use.
"Folkloric information in various tribes indicates that the K. africana fruits are hung on roofs of homes to represent a symbol of fertility". And why wouldn't you hang these awesome dongers up wherever you have space? Is that a sausage fruit in your pants or are did you just do a line of pre-workout?

BenM

Post by BenM » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Yeah I have a tub of the No3X 2.0 myself - I found the buzz lasts for hours and I have a fairly high tolerance for caffeine too. Rarely use it now unless it’s a heavy heavy squat session or something and it’s early in the day. Otherwise it’s a bit much.