Knee sleeves

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

zappey1

Knee sleeves

Post by zappey1 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:27 pm

What is your guys favorite knee sleeves?

Manveer
M3N4C3

Re: Knee sleeves

Post by Manveer » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:33 pm

SBD

Stoic are ok too

BenM

Post by BenM » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:55 am

I recently bought some. Wanted Rehbands but stock availability sucked. Bought SBD. Very happy with them.

mouse

Post by mouse » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:23 am

I have only owned Stoic...

I would buy SBD if I had the cash...

I WANT a pair of Cerberus Extremes...

CtMcBride

Post by CtMcBride » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:37 am

I have a pair of Nordic Lifting sleeves. They've been entirely satisfactory, though they had to send me a replacement pair after. I blew one out in the first couple months.

Also have a pair of A7s and they suck. Bunch up behind the knees way too much and aren't tapered well (aren't wide enough above the knee.)

MPat

Post by MPat » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:48 am

I have been really happy with my Stoics, only wish I would have got them a long time ago

BostonRugger
Edging Lord

Post by BostonRugger » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:05 am

I have SBD knee sleeves and Stoic elbow sleeves. I don’t see a big difference in quality although I’ve only had the elbow sleeves for a few months.

I’d save the money and get Stoic sleeves if I were you.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:35 am

I have been using STRONG but I just ordered the Stoic.

The STRONG ones I have had maybe a year and they are in rough shape!

bobmen10000

Post by bobmen10000 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:19 am

Elite Fts has been running a variety of sales on their sleeves since summer - I picked up a couple pairs for under $25.00 each - one was actually $15.00 due to either a pricing error or a special new release price; the quality is great thus far and are a fantastic value if you can pick them up for 50% off.

My pair of Extreme "X" Knee Sleeves (mark bell) have held up decently and are approved for IPF too. The x sleeves run small versus the stated measurements.

Never owned their knee sleeves but Stoic makes good stuff (I own several pairs of their wrist wraps) and it is all IPF approved now (I think.) Their price has went up though; used to be a great value versus SBD.

Cerberus makes good stuff per reviews, although I think a lot of them are by sponsored athletes so mileage may very. Some of it looks similar to Spud stuff and I do own some Spud elbow/knees sleeves which I like.

Since you do Strongman, you have a lot of options especially in regards to 2 & 3 ply support.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:50 pm

bobmen10000 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:19 am Elite Fts has been running a variety of sales on their sleeves since summer - I picked up a couple pairs for under $25.00 each - one was actually $15.00 due to either a pricing error or a special new release price; the quality is great thus far and are a fantastic value if you can pick them up for 50% off.

My pair of Extreme "X" Knee Sleeves (mark bell) have held up decently and are approved for IPF too. The x sleeves run small versus the stated measurements.

Never owned their knee sleeves but Stoic makes good stuff (I own several pairs of their wrist wraps) and it is all IPF approved now (I think.) Their price has went up though; used to be a great value versus SBD.

Cerberus makes good stuff per reviews, although I think a lot of them are by sponsored athletes so mileage may very. Some of it looks similar to Spud stuff and I do own some Spud elbow/knees sleeves which I like.

Since you do Strongman, you have a lot of options especially in regards to 2 & 3 ply support.
Usually I don't go to crazy as I have a limited budget. Usually I get stuff that is USPF/ IPF approved just in case one day I want to do power lifting again.

That being said I would love to get some multi ply gear to train in but it is not financially feasible at this time and not needed for my current strongman level.

bobmen10000

Post by bobmen10000 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:57 pm

zappey1 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:50 pm
bobmen10000 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:19 am Elite Fts has been running a variety of sales on their sleeves since summer - I picked up a couple pairs for under $25.00 each - one was actually $15.00 due to either a pricing error or a special new release price; the quality is great thus far and are a fantastic value if you can pick them up for 50% off.

Usually I don't go to crazy as I have a limited budget. Usually I get stuff that is USPF/ IPF approved just in case one day I want to do power lifting again.

That being said I would love to get some multi ply gear to train in but it is not financially feasible at this time and not needed for my current strongman level.
Obvioulsy not IPF approved but 2 ply and 3 ply elbow and knees sleeves are about the price as 7mm counterparts - Cerberus and spud both run lots of discounts and offer coupon codes all the time to save anywhere from 5 to 20%.

mouse

Post by mouse » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:59 am

bobmen10000 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:57 pm
zappey1 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:50 pm

Obvioulsy not IPF approved but 2 ply and 3 ply elbow and knees sleeves are about the price as 7mm counterparts - Cerberus and spud both run lots of discounts and offer coupon codes all the time to save anywhere from 5 to 20%.
Yeah Ceberus dual/triple ply are like $30 LESS than their neoprene options so...

Not like we're talking deadlift suits...

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:44 am

mouse wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:59 am
Yeah Ceberus dual/triple ply are like $30 LESS than their neoprene options so...

Although have you ever done training in a deadlift suit? Is it worth the purchase. Does it have carry over to non suited deadlifts? I have never tried any suited lifting.

mouse

Post by mouse » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:58 am

zappey1 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:44 am
mouse wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:59 am

Although have you ever done training in a deadlift suit? Is it worth the purchase. Does it have carry over to non suited deadlifts? I have never tried any suited lifting.
Never tried it. Morbidly curious as to how much it would help though.

One day.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:16 am

mouse wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:58 am Never tried it. Morbidly curious as to how much it would help though.

One day.
I ordered and have been reading Mike Tuchscherer RTS book. He has 1 day a week or something that he recommends training with suits and stuff. I know he competes in suited lifting some times and he does not say how much carry over there is in raw lifting.

But that dude is strong AF. I used a sling shot for a wile a few years ago. I did not feel that it helped my raw bench very much.

TwoFoursStrohm

Post by TwoFoursStrohm » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:51 pm

I got my 9mm all black elitefts sleeves for 23 bucks and they're pretty good so far. Not super long , somewhere in-between the max length allowed and the rehbands. They also resemble rehbands shape-wise.

jake241983

Post by jake241983 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:54 am

My last pair of knee sleeves were the Slingshot Strong sleeves. I had them at least three years. No complaints on them. A couple months ago I bought a pair of Stronghouse Project knee sleeves. It's smaller company, although they're both USAPL and USPA approved. A bit cheaper than the Slingshot or SBD options, but so far so good with them.

psmith

Post by psmith » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:24 pm

Necro bump. Hadn't been following the market for a while, didn't realize 9mm knee sleeves were a thing now. Got curious and tried Hookgrip's version, and there's not much out there on them so I figured I'd write something up. Nice and long--the website wasn't entirely clear on this--and very very warm, I'd say noticeably warmer than my old SBDs or my older Titans--but even with gentleman's sizing they give enough pop to push me out of my knees and into my hips on front squats with 95lb. May just be a matter of getting the feel of them but I'm not sure it's worth it. Loved the warmth though, and decently priced at $50. Too early to tell about durability.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:35 pm

Things change so much when you go off grid for a while. I am burning with curiosity about all of this. The last time I competed there was Rehband 3mm and the stuff at the sporting goods store or Walmart. Nothing like what you guys are talking about in this thread. Any more recent comparisons? Which elbow sleeve would actually do something more than keep the joint warm? DL suits were new when I quit competing, so I'm curious about the evoution of those too. I've tried a squat suit on backwards - that puts some oomph in a pull but it can't be on par with a suit actually made for it.

MattBulmer

Post by MattBulmer » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:10 am

Have been using the equivalent of the Cerberus 2 ply sleeves for around 3 years. They were fine. I had them loose enough so they could stay on for whole session. Kept knees stable/warm but added 0% to the lift. Very robustly made as well. Just bought the same size 3 ply sleeves. Holy shit. What a difference. Still able to wear them all session but level of support out of the hole is another level. For some reason was really able to feel my quads working more than ever.