What’s on Netflix?!?

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

hector

Re: What’s on Netflix?!?

Post by hector » Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:42 pm

OverheadDeadlifts wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:38 am
hector wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:15 pm Saw first episode of Witcher season 3. Outstanding.
Yeah the first episode was promising but the rest was mostly awful.

If I wasn’t a long time fan of the source material I’d probably have dropped the show halfway through season 2.
SpoilerShow
If you’d told me Radovid is now in the show as Vizimir’s adult brother instead of son and is gay for Dandelion I’d have laughed at your funny joke. Its like a bad fanfic.
I only read some of the short stories. Didn’t read any with Radovid so I have no base from which to be disappointed.

Finished volume 1 of season 3. I liked all 5 episodes!

First episode of Warrior Season 3 is also solid.

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:30 am

OverheadDeadlifts wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:38 amYeah the first episode was promising but the rest was mostly awful.

If I wasn’t a long time fan of the source material I’d probably have dropped the show halfway through season 2.
I dropped the Witcher in Season 2. I never got the 'feel' of the Witcher world correct. It is just generic fantasy with Henry Cavill grunting. Meh.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:01 am

aurelius wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:30 am
OverheadDeadlifts wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:38 amYeah the first episode was promising but the rest was mostly awful.

I dropped the Witcher in Season 2. I never got the 'feel' of the Witcher world correct. It is just generic fantasy with Henry Cavill grunting. Meh.
I played 2, and 3. Thought they felt like generic fantasy, to me? It was more interesting than most because of the "people hate/fear the PC but still kinda need him" dynamic but it was never something I felt like raving about? S2 was a lot worse than 1.

Seafoam

Post by Seafoam » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:55 pm

Is anyone here into Sumo? If so, Sanctuary is on Netflix. Interesting fictional series highlighting the cultural change, bullying, and lifestyle of these athletes.If one is not a fan of Sumo yet, it maybe a little too much, but nothing this board can’t handle.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:47 am

Watched the documentary on the Baghwan cult (Wild Wild Country).
Lol, I had a very close immediate family member that got "involved" with those clowns when I was younger.
Pretty crazy. They drug out the episodes a bit too much, I was able to get sucked in (to watching the episodes) because I was quasi-involved...
But from an outsider POV, they could have cut this down into half the time. IOW: its way too long.
SpoilerShow
In the 80's, even as a youth, I knew that shit was a cult/scam.
But funny enough, the whole thing died down, and I did not watch the national news at that age.
I was unaware of all the crazy shit.

Only about a few years ago, did I come across an article about how the cult tried to mass poison the local population.
Funny enough, I think I stumbled into this, as that incident was the "biggest bioweapon attack on US soil" .... until C19 :roll:
I was blown away when I read that on (internet article).
Funny, the Netflix docu. covered that, but really didn't get into why.
The plan was to food-poison the local population just prior to the local/county election ....to suppress the local voting power.
The Cult did a trial run some time ahead of the election, just to see how/if the poisioning method worked .... and it worked TOO good. Getting 750 sick. Kinda brought too much attention to the area.

Another thing the Netflix doc didn't cover .... I believe when Baghwan left the US, several other countries would not 'take' him. Same with the crazy lady who he had put in charge I thought.

When I was younger I was also unaware of sex-stuff ...

The amount of money those guys had to make it that far/big must have been insane.

Annnndd sticking with the cult theme: The Bikhram Yoga guy .... spoiler alert: he was a rapist.
Same thing, some people close to me nearly signed up to go on those long training retreats to get Bikhram certified.....but opted out at the last minute. That movie was condensed into a two hour thing .... much more watchable.

conssam

Post by conssam » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:08 am

I would suggest you look at the Netflix recommendations. They will recommend something for you based on the shows or movies you previously watched.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:58 pm

conssam wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:08 am I would suggest you look at the Netflix recommendations. They will recommend something for you based on the shows or movies you previously watched.
wow

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:55 pm

mgil wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:58 pm
conssam wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:08 am I would suggest you look at the Netflix recommendations. They will recommend something for you based on the shows or movies you previously watched.
wow
100% this thing is a bot.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:57 am

Well I hesitate to post this but I watched The One Piece live action show with my teenage son.................... It was Okay.

He loves anime and while I do not hate anime find it long and drawn out. This version was condescend and much easier to watch. Was it cheesy in parts? Of course it was. Was some of the stuff silly and over the top? 100% But it did have some good character arcs and moments that hit you in the feelings. Most of it was pretty entertaining.

If you like me have teenagers that enjoy anime it can make for a decent bonding time.

hector

Post by hector » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:50 am

The new show “The Boys: The College Years”* on Amazon is good. One episode in.
Almost stopped watching after first few minutes because it was a downer, glad I stuck it out. Definitely glad superpowers were not common while I was in school.

*Not actually the title. Amazon should spam you with it as soon as you log in.

hector

Post by hector » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:51 pm

I like the new season of Loki. Especially Kang. It’s too bad Johnathan Majors was so terrible in real life and is getting removed from the Marvel universe.

GlasgowJock

Post by GlasgowJock » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:23 am

hector wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:50 am The new show “The Boys: The College Years”* on Amazon is good. One episode in.
Almost stopped watching after first few minutes because it was a downer, glad I stuck it out. Definitely glad superpowers were not common while I was in school.

*Not actually the title. Amazon should spam you with it as soon as you log in.
Watched the final episode last night. Pretty decent and pretty much some more of the casual 'supe' socio/psychopathy we've all come to enjoy after 4 seasons of 'The Boys'.

Now I need to wait for 'Lawmen: Bass Reeves' to almost all come out before I start watching :roll:

Hiphopapotamus

Post by Hiphopapotamus » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:19 am

S2 of Invincible finally premiered. I thought it was a good first episode that set up the upcoming season.
I just ditched Paramount+ but I've been waiting for a Bass Reeves show or movie forever so I may have to do the same thing so I can binge and then dump Paramount again..

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:45 am

6.5 episodes into Blue Eye Samurai. Very good so far.

hector

Post by hector » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:54 am

Hiphopapotamus wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:19 am S2 of Invincible finally premiered. I thought it was a good first episode that set up the upcoming season.
I just ditched Paramount+ but I've been waiting for a Bass Reeves show or movie forever so I may have to do the same thing so I can binge and then dump Paramount again..
Hopefully there will be a Paramount free trial soon. I’d like to see the new South Park Pandaverse.

Hiphopapotamus

Post by Hiphopapotamus » Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:49 am

hector wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:54 am
Hiphopapotamus wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:19 am S2 of Invincible finally premiered. I thought it was a good first episode that set up the upcoming season.
Hopefully there will be a Paramount free trial soon. I’d like to see the new South Park Pandaverse.
It looks like they have a one week free trial with their Essential plan: "Your first 7 days are free. Cancel anytime (effective next billing cycle). Free trials for new subscribers only."

https://www.paramountplus.com/account/signup/pickplan/

GlasgowJock

Post by GlasgowJock » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:01 pm

We're on a solid run in the UK with free/ trial/ addon streaming subscriptions; we signed up for 3 month free trials with Apple+ and Disney+ TV, Amazon and Netflix come free with the Sky/ mobile phone contracts and we've got Paramount+ and another streaming service free, Discovery+ I think.

There's like 4/5 different tiers of Sports subscriptions outwith this so it's mental how it all adds up.

The South Park Pandaverse was decent btw, though I grew up on that stuff so I'm easily pleased.

Inverstone

Post by Inverstone » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:25 pm

Have watched the 1st two eps. of "Bass Reeves" and liked it. (Wife too). It's based on a slew of books/bios. and haven't fact checked it all but it's good and Sheridan's feel is a bit different from 1923, etc. It's got more of a "stand alone"/self contained feel similar to "Hell or High Water". Very pleased Bass gets his proper due for the gen pop at last.

mouse

Post by mouse » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:40 am

hector wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:51 pm I like the new season of Loki. Especially Kang. It’s too bad Johnathan Majors was so terrible in real life and is getting removed from the Marvel universe.
I'm just here to announce I'm no longer picking up what the MCU is puttin down...

I just can't take the disappointment anymore. I'll see Deadpool 3 because I think Ryan Reynolds is the one guy left that actually gives a shit about his character, but after that I'm good...

I finally watched Spiderverse 2 and wish I hadn't waited so long, it was better than I thought it would be...

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:37 am

mouse wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:40 am I'm just here to announce I'm no longer picking up what the MCU is puttin down...

I just can't take the disappointment anymore. I'll see Deadpool 3 because I think Ryan Reynolds is the one guy left that actually gives a shit about his character, but after that I'm good...

I finally watched Spiderverse 2 and wish I hadn't waited so long, it was better than I thought it would be...
Same all around.
The shared streaming turned the Marvel and Star Wars shows into an event for me, without that I am just not interested enough in the decent content let alone the garbage (Nick Fury, Ahsoka) to even bother. When the new season of Andor comes out I'll tune back in, but until then I just don't care. It's not good enough to waste my time when I could be rewatching Futurama.

Loved Spider-Verse 2, until the end when it felt like they finally reached the middle point of a movie.