Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

mouse

Re: steroids in sports

Post by mouse » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:52 am

zappey1 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:14 am
mouse wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:02 am
zappey1 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:11 am Well said

I was looking at pictures of Phil. He looked pretty natural then I looked at 2006 Phil and he was super jacked and vascular. Raised some flags.
Related/unrelated, have you ever met some of these guys face to face?

Having had the pleasure of meeting Phil in WV a couple years ago I will say juice or no juice, it's easy to understand he had the genetics to be at that level regardless.

He's an absolutely massive human in a way that you don't really appreciate until you experience being next to him.

This isn't an argument or anything, I'm just wondering.
I meet Thor when I went to Iceland. I think there are pictures on my IG. I'm not a small guy and he made me look very small.

I meet Frank Mir in person. We were about the same size. This was before he got popped for jucin. He was funny I meet him at the airport.

Next biggest strongman I saw in person Jesse Marunde. He was big but not shockingly big.

I recently meet Grant Higa who honestly was smaller then I was expecting. But my god he can still lift a lot of weight!
Ha I totally forgot about your Iceland trip...

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:39 pm

Speaking of Frank Mir do you guys think he could have taken Brock W/O the secret help? Do you think Brock would have been as big of a deal with out the extra help?

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:47 pm

I know this is not completely "Sports related" but how much gear do you think Hemsworth is on to get ready for the Hulk Hogan Biopic?

That'e quite of bit of solid muscle he has put on in not that long of time!

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:08 pm

He is most surely on something, it's an open secret that they all use stuff to prep for a role in these movies. He should be taking more of it though, maybe he'd manage to do something about those swizzle sticks he's walking around on with some extra "Assistance", lol.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:13 pm

Hardartery wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:08 pm He is most surely on something, it's an open secret that they all use stuff to prep for a role in these movies. He should be taking more of it though, maybe he'd manage to do something about those swizzle sticks he's walking around on with some extra "Assistance", lol.
Legs were looking small AF! :lol:

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:32 am

TheDuke

Post by TheDuke » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:51 pm

Good news.

Drug testing is getting better and better, and a lot of lifters are clean now compared to 80s, 90s and 00s.
And it will get better in the future.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:15 pm

TheDuke wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:51 pm Good news.

Drug testing is getting better and better, and a lot of lifters are clean now compared to 80s, 90s and 00s.
And it will get better in the future.
I would argue they will just get more creative on how to get around them. I watched the interview with Mark earlier and he said something about putting someone else urine inside your own bladder.

Plus they come up with new ways to dope all the time. Have you heard about the blood doping? Shit is CRAZY.

KyleSchuant
Take It Easy

Post by KyleSchuant » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:17 am

zappey1 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:32 am Anyone surprised? :roll:
I'm waiting for them to dig up the corpses of lifters from the 1956 Olympics here in Melbourne and do isotopic analyses on their remains to track down all those people who were doping - you know, the Soviets who started before we even had the idea. Commie bastards.

Seriously, though - we shouldn't have to wait eight years to find out who won. There really should be a limit on this shit.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:17 am

Vietnam busted.

What sad is some of the kids are minors (16/17).

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles ... ght-doping

"lEt tHEm hAvE ThEiR rOIdS !!! i WanNa seE a 275 cLEan aNd JeRKs"

" i WaNT tO bE EnTERtAINeD !!!1!!1"

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:29 am

zappey1 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:47 pm I know this is not completely "Sports related" but how much gear do you think Hemsworth is on to get ready for the Hulk Hogan Biopic?

That'e quite of bit of solid muscle he has put on in not that long of time!
I think its likely possibility he's on nothing.

A lot of those selected still shots, and the scenes in movies are taken under ideal circumstances....lighting, pump, etc.
Body builders (lightweights, etc) seem to be able to inflate to twice their size backstage pumping up with pushups and curls etc.
Especially that tire flip stil shot

Dude looks almost completely average walking down the street. He's not amazing or anything.

Looks like a slightly-overly-jacked tennis player or something:

And if all you mostly have to worry about is your upper body, would not be hard (would be fun) to keep all that looking good.

Also, he literally has nothing else to do. IT. IS. HIS. FULLTIME. JOB. ....to worry about his body, face, voice, etc.

(this is recent, below)

Its logical the a handsome guy with good genetics for putting on muscle and is a half-ass actor made it to the top.

-------------------------------------------------

"OMG HES ON TEH STERONS!!!!"

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:56 am

mbasic wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:17 am Vietnam busted.

Do you think 4 years is a long enough of a band? Depending on what they take they could still have a decent advantage in 4 years over a life time natty.

At this rate there is going to be no lifters left :shock:

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:01 am

KyleSchuant wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:17 am
I'm waiting for them to dig up the corpses of lifters from the 1956 Olympics here in Melbourne and do isotopic analyses on their remains to track down all those people who were doping - you know, the Soviets who started before we even had the idea. Commie bastards.

Seriously, though - we shouldn't have to wait eight years to find out who won. There really should be a limit on this shit.
I think at some point they will just have to have tested an untested. I don't think we need to dig up corpses but I'm always curios about past athletes. Do you think Paul Anderson was on that juice?

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:10 am

mbasic wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:29 am
Especially that tire flip stil shot

Dude looks almost completely average walking down the street. He's not amazing or anything.

Looks like a slightly-overly-jacked tennis player or something:

And if all you mostly have to worry about is your upper body, would not be hard (would be fun) to keep all that looking good.

Also, he literally has nothing else to do. IT. IS. HIS. FULLTIME. JOB. ....to worry about his body, face, voice, etc.

Its logical the a handsome guy with good genetics for putting on muscle and is a half-ass actor made it to the top.

-------------------------------------------------

"OMG HES ON TEH STERONS!!!!"

Listen Brother if he hopes to get anywhere close to the Hulkster's legendary 24 inch pythons he's going to need a lot more then a sick pump fancy lighting and camera angles. Stars don't get drug tested Brother and have access to actual doctors to administer and monitor whatever juice they need. So why wouldn't they when it is their job to get supper jacked supper fast? I would log his gainz as highly unlikely as not being natural. Not quite impossible but unlikely.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:12 am

zappey1 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:56 am
mbasic wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:17 am Vietnam busted.

Do you think 4 years is a long enough of a band? Depending on what they take they could still have a decent advantage in 4 years over a life time natty.

At this rate there is going to be no lifters left :shock:
In addition to the individual lifter ban, the country's fed gets penalized also....
You get so many sanctioned lifters in a certain timeframe, you start losing Olympic spots/slots.
Many countries are down to one athlete.
Many are completely banned from Olympics.

Interesting that you might be a clean (*chuckles under breath*) lifter in your country, but if your comrades keep getting popped could cost you dearly.

Take away the allure of sending athletes to the Olympic games....well you remove a lot of the money and desire to cheat so badly....or even compete.

Weightlifting, The Sport, would/will not survive in many States as a non-olympic sport. It's a true stand alone professional sport enterprise like Soccer or basketball etc

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:50 am

zappey1 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:10 am Stars don't get drug tested Brother and have access to actual doctors to administer and monitor whatever juice they need.
Oh, I don't know....start with: drugs are bad, mmmkay.
Doesn't needed them.
So why wouldn't they when it is their job to get supper jacked supper fast? I would log his gainz as highly unlikely as not being natural. Not quite impossible but unlikely.
I think their shooting schedule for Thor4 was worked out several months to years in advance....don't know about "super fast".
AND
He looks the same in the top IG post (5 days ago) above as 3 months ago. The tire flip thing in between is the anomoly(?)...which is curiously ....a still shot/non-video. That's what you fell for.

I wouldn't be surprised is he and other actors we're on some TRT, or full blown gear. He's just not overly impressive....and scenario you lie out doesn't make sense.

I'd be "worried" about a B-list action-hero-actor like Starlord character from Parks&Recreation in the first Guardians movie. Not that he was impressive either, but maybe the wholesale physique change "all of the sudden"....when that wasn't their gig before. Or like the one dude in Sniper or whatever.

I doubt the wolverine or capt.merica is on much juice either (maybe legit TRT)....those get accused as well.

I could these guys taking some dieuretics(?) tho.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:15 am

mbasic wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:50 am
I'd be "worried" about a B-list action-hero-actor like Starlord character from Parks&Recreation in the first Guardians movie. Not that he was impressive either, but maybe the wholesale physique change "all of the sudden"....when that wasn't their gig before. Or like the one dude in Sniper or whatever.
I'll take Who is Zac Efron for 500 :lol:

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:04 pm

zappey1 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:01 am

I think at some point they will just have to have tested an untested. I don't think we need to dig up corpses but I'm always curios about past athletes. Do you think Paul Anderson was on that juice?
It's unlikely that Paul Anderson was on anything. He didn't have the money. Steroids didn't really come into play until Bulgaria used them for their O-lifting squad. Their coach shared a little info with the US coach and we had Deca pretty shortly after that. Deca was everywhere. Brian Oldfield was even on it.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:33 pm

zappey1 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:15 am
mbasic wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:50 am
I'll take Who is Zac Efron for 500 :lol:
He's not incredibly jacked tho....but yeah, getting warmer

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:14 pm

Hardartery wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:04 pm
zappey1 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:01 am

It's unlikely that Paul Anderson was on anything. He didn't have the money. Steroids didn't really come into play until Bulgaria used them for their O-lifting squad. Their coach shared a little info with the US coach and we had Deca pretty shortly after that. Deca was everywhere. Brian Oldfield was even on it.
I saw a YT documentary and there was rumors that he was taking test or something else that they would use on bulls on his farm. Not sure how credible. But if I remember correctly it was one of his family members saying it.