steroids in sports

Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

mbasic

Re: steroids in sports

Post by mbasic » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:58 am

she sounds like a barrel of fun
U.S. Weightlifting Athlete Hillary Tran Accepts Sanction for Anti-Doping Rule Violation
Sanction, Weightlifting / October 28, 2021

weightlifterUSADA announced today that Hillary Tran, of San Bruno, Calif., an athlete in the sport of weightlifting, has accepted a one-year period of ineligibility for an anti-doping rule violation.

Tran, 28, tested positive for benzoylecgonine, a metabolite of cocaine, and d-methamphetamine as the result of an in-competition urine sample collected at the National Championship on July 3, 2021. Cocaine and d-methamphetamine are Non-Specified Substances in the class of Stimulants and prohibited in-competition under the USADA Protocol for Olympic and Paralympic Movement Testing, the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee National Anti-Doping Policy, and the International Weightlifting Federation Anti-Doping Rules, all of which have adopted the World Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Agency Prohibited List.

Tran established that her use of cocaine occurred out of competition and was unrelated to sport performance,
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVt2gI1M ... _copy_link

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:58 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/powerli ... 00514.html
Powerlifter Mark Bell Shares the Weight Loss Tips That Work for Him
I get so tired of seeing this shit. Mark has been pretty open about steroids use. But no mention in this article. It is all diet. Men's health should be ashamed.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:58 am

@ChasingCurls69

We got the other thread shut down so we have to tread lightly. Mike O hern is a great example that has built his name on being Natty. Now if he did come clean he stands to lose potentially millions and damage his brand. Guys paint themselves into a corner and can't come clean without damaging their branding.

Mark, Arnold (years later), are some of the few that have ever come clean about Steriods use. That's why the men's health presenting Mark as you can get jacked like him if you eat a high protein diet is such a slap in the face.

I have known several guys that can DL 700+. They all weigh close to 300 or over and none claim natty. However several will claim the 5th because of sponsorships/ branding.

If it looks like a duck sounds like a duck it is probably a duck :lol:

ChasingCurls69

Post by ChasingCurls69 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:52 pm

zappey1 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:58 am @ChasingCurls69

We got the other thread shut down so we have to tread lightly. Mike O hern is a great example that has built his name on being Natty. Now if he did come clean he stands to lose potentially millions and damage his brand. Guys paint themselves into a corner and can't come clean without damaging their branding.

Mark, Arnold (years later), are some of the few that have ever come clean about Steriods use. That's why the men's health presenting Mark as you can get jacked like him if you eat a high protein diet is such a slap in the face.

I have known several guys that can DL 700+. They all weigh close to 300 or over and none claim natty. However several will claim the 5th because of sponsorships/ branding.

Yeah, the other thread got shut down because steroid accusations are against the rules and it's especially rude to make that accusation about someone who is a member of the forum. Not sure it makes sense to double down on that stance even in the steroid thread.

All the 700+ deadlifters I know personally are drug-tested and only one is over 300lbs. Inb4 drug-tested doesn't mean drug free, but I also don't think it makes sense for them to do drugs for the competitive level they are at.

JohnHelton

Post by JohnHelton » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:34 am

How accomplished any USAPL lifter is at a particular lift has no weight in my mind with regard to their potential use of supplements. There is really no reason to lift in the USAPL if you use supplements. There are other federations that are happy to take such lifters. And the lifting world doesn't really care one way or the other. Haack has 188k followers on Instagram. I'm not on TRT yet, but if I do go that route, then I just won't lift in the USAPL. USPA has plenty of meets near me.

Also, I don't think 700 lbs deadlift is that amazing. It is very, very good. Some people are just good at deadlifting though. I know a kid that weighs 145 lbs and deadlifts 630 conventional. Human crane. Can't bench 330 though. He still has a good bench for his size.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:05 am

JohnHelton wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:34 am How accomplished any USAPL lifter is at a particular lift has no weight in my mind with regard to their potential use of supplements. There is really no reason to lift in the USAPL if you use supplements. There are other federations that are happy to take such lifters. And the lifting world doesn't really care one way or the other. Haack has 188k followers on Instagram. I'm not on TRT yet, but if I do go that route, then I just won't lift in the USAPL. USPA has plenty of meets near me.

Also, I don't think 700 lbs deadlift is that amazing. It is very, very good. Some people are just good at deadlifting though. I know a kid that weighs 145 lbs and deadlifts 630 conventional. Human crane. Can't bench 330 though. He still has a good bench for his size.
I like that guys like Haack talk openly about stuff. It's much better than guys running around lying about it. I knew full well that everyone was using when I competed, no one cared, it's just how it was. It still is in Strongman, it's just getting more open in Pl now I think. The vast difference in what is used from one guy to another is really something. Haack, for example, is using very small doses if he is being totally honest. Anadrol is a heavy hitter to use, but his dose seems small and his cycle length is fairly short. Compare that with guys that don't even place at low level stuff using more compounds and multiple grams a week. I have one friend that told me recently he had been on as much as 12 grams a week to go pro. If you had asked him at the time, he would have insisted that he was natty. I think it's a lot better for everyone if guys just tak openly about what goes on. Knowing what Haack uses makes his lifts even more impressive, it's a lot less than anyone would have guessed.

JohnHelton

Post by JohnHelton » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:10 am

Hardartery wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:05 am
JohnHelton wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:34 am How accomplished any USAPL lifter is at a particular lift has no weight in my mind with regard to their potential use of supplements. There is really no reason to lift in the USAPL if you use supplements. There are other federations that are happy to take such lifters. And the lifting world doesn't really care one way or the other. Haack has 188k followers on Instagram. I'm not on TRT yet, but if I do go that route, then I just won't lift in the USAPL. USPA has plenty of meets near me.

I like that guys like Haack talk openly about stuff. It's much better than guys running around lying about it. I knew full well that everyone was using when I competed, no one cared, it's just how it was. It still is in Strongman, it's just getting more open in Pl now I think. The vast difference in what is used from one guy to another is really something. Haack, for example, is using very small doses if he is being totally honest. Anadrol is a heavy hitter to use, but his dose seems small and his cycle length is fairly short. Compare that with guys that don't even place at low level stuff using more compounds and multiple grams a week. I have one friend that told me recently he had been on as much as 12 grams a week to go pro. If you had asked him at the time, he would have insisted that he was natty. I think it's a lot better for everyone if guys just tak openly about what goes on. Knowing what Haack uses makes his lifts even more impressive, it's a lot less than anyone would have guessed.
Yes. I have zero problem with the use as long as you don't pretend to not use. You also don't have to tell people that you use, just don't tell people that you are natty if you aren't.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:27 am

ChasingCurls69 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:52 pm
zappey1 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:58 am @ChasingCurls69

Yeah, the other thread got shut down because steroid accusations are against the rules and it's especially rude to make that accusation about someone who is a member of the forum. Not sure it makes sense to double down on that stance even in the steroid thread.

All the 700+ deadlifters I know personally are drug-tested and only one is over 300lbs. Inb4 drug-tested doesn't mean drug free, but I also don't think it makes sense for them to do drugs for the competitive level they are at.
Even I got this jacked and strong from eating Duck eggs Mike O Hern gets a 90% 10% split when claiming Natty. We don't know his life and maybe he is just that gifted.

That being said he will gladly sell you said duck eggs for $25 dollars a shot and tons of other sups he claims helped him get jacked and can help the average guy also.

The fitness industry is full of fake Nattys selling something. Mark Bell is one of the rare exceptions that has said numerous times he would be on some amount of gear his whole life. However there is not even a mention of that in this article. I wonder why?
SpoilerShow
if he did no one would believe that you could get jacked and stong like him on the carnivore diet and realize the thing that helps the most is getting on gear

TimK
Much Mustache

Post by TimK » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:55 am

zappey1 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:58 am.

I deadlifted 700 at 231 and I’m lifetime natural.

You seem really preoccupied with who is/isn’t/might be on gear.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:37 pm

TimK wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:55 am

Yes when I was just a young lad I was deceived!. For you see that my lifetime hero at that point Hulk Hogan was telling me that drugs were for losers. But as it turns out the Hulkster himself got so jacked from steroids and no amount of praying and eating my vegetables was ever going to get me the 24-inch pythons that I desired.

It had been revealed that Hogan was in fact on that juice and to make matters worse he was known to hang out and do cocaine with that most dastardly fiend himself known as the Iron Shiek!

From that day forward the child known as Zappey died and Zappey1 was born with the purpose of calling out fake Nattys in all their Forms! Sometimes a real Natty might get called out but it is just collateral damage to save the vulnerable on the internet from falling victim to believing that they can get 24-inch guns, get supper cut, and supper strong naturally.

Be warned that for every 1 lifter that pulls 700+, benches 405+, and squats 585+ naturally there are 9 others that are pumping that sweet secret sauce and know that many of them are going to lie about their natural status. For just like the Hulkster they know that if their secret is revealed they will have to do a heal turn and their image will forevermore be tarnished when their Natty card gets pulled!

To all reading, always be skeptical and keep in mind that no matter how much you want to believe someone is not on gear chances are pretty good that if you have reason to suspect them of being on gear chances are good they are closet pinning. Always remember the 90% 10% rule.

When those scallywags get to the pearly gates they will have to answer to JC himself about the closet pinning and lying they did on the internet to further propagate what someone can and can't do naturally.

mettkeks

Post by mettkeks » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:27 pm

zappey1 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:37 pm
TimK wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:55 am

Yes when I was just a young lad I was deceived!. For you see that my lifetime hero at that point Hulk Hogan was telling me that drugs were for losers. But as it turns out the Hulkster himself got so jacked from steroids and no amount of praying and eating my vegetables was ever going to get me the 24-inch pythons that I desired.

It had been revealed that Hogan was in fact on that juice and to make matters worse he was known to hang out and do cocaine with that most dastardly fiend himself known as the Iron Shiek!

From that day forward the child known as Zappey died and Zappey1 was born with the purpose of calling out fake Nattys in all their Forms! Sometimes a real Natty might get called out but it is just collateral damage to save the vulnerable on the internet from falling victim to believing that they can get 24-inch guns, get supper cut, and supper strong naturally.

Be warned that for every 1 lifter that pulls 700+, benches 405+, and squats 585+ naturally there are 9 others that are pumping that sweet secret sauce and know that many of them are going to lie about their natural status. For just like the Hulkster they know that if their secret is revealed they will have to do a heal turn and their image will forevermore be tarnished when their Natty card gets pulled!

To all reading, always be skeptical and keep in mind that no matter how much you want to believe someone is not on gear chances are pretty good that if you have reason to suspect them of being on gear chances are good they are closet pinning. Always remember the 90% 10% rule.

When those scallywags get to the pearly gates they will have to answer to JC himself about the closet pinning and lying they did on the internet to further propagate what someone can and can't do naturally.
None of this matters. Unless you do gear and turn into a mutant or have some other scam to peddle, nobody cares. Natural lifting and Bodybuilding is really fucking boring. People want to believe in monsters. They want to become monsters, or at least become almost as jacked with much less effort.

Unless you are in it to turn into the best version of yourself and not the version influencers want to sell you, you won't care about the dude that barely looks like he lifts in his hoody on screen.

You have to make your own experience and find out by yourself that everyone in mags and the internet is lying to you in one way or another. You either stop lifting, or you've learnt something.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:21 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/olympics-d ... 32872.html
I'm surprised they are charging the therapist
U.S. charges Texas therapist with giving Tokyo Olympic athletes performance-enhancing drugs

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:03 pm

Ian Wilson .... USAW weightlifter sanctioned for 'roids.

https://www.usada.org/sanction/ian-wils ... -sanction/

Posted some good numbers recently at Worlds? all time PRs after a long layoff IIRC.

Fuck 'em

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXpDM3dl ... _copy_link

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:36 pm

mbasic wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:03 pm Ian Wilson .... USAW weightlifter sanctioned for 'roids.

Posted some good numbers recently at Worlds? all time PRs after a long layoff IIRC.

Fuck 'em

I'm not convinced 3 years is enough of a deterrent. Striped of all records? Lance Armstrong style?

Even Lance made MILLIONS though so I'm not sure even his example is a deterrent

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:47 am

zappey1 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:36 pm
mbasic wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:03 pm Ian Wilson .... USAW weightlifter sanctioned for 'roids.

Fuck 'em

I'm not convinced 3 years is enough of a deterrent. Striped of all records? Lance Armstrong style?

ahhhh shiiittt

There some good conspiracy theories that Ian Wilson did this intentionally .... He has been working on a WeightLifting movie, whereas he is the main character ..... kind of set up like a fictional documentary of a similar character of one's self. Or something. Prob got the details on that wrong.

Anyway, the use of steroids might have been intentional, or better said, use to push up numbers, document that .... to make some kind of statement ....knowing well you're likely going to get popped .... and then you could add to the movie with this high-production value footage.

Like for instance: What if he was juicing, documenting it all along, got thru Worlds totally fine unscathed
.... and then months later got popped by USADA or whatever.
I would kind of show how the IWF with WADA is a joke.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:43 am

mbasic wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:47 am

Fuck 'em

ahhhh shiiittt

There some good conspiracy theories that Ian Wilson did this intentionally .... He has been working on a WeightLifting movie, whereas he is the main character ..... kind of set up like a fictional documentary of a similar character of one's self. Or something. Prob got the details on that wrong.

Anyway, the use of steroids might have been intentional, or better said, use to push up numbers, document that .... to make some kind of statement ....knowing well you're likely going to get popped .... and then you could add to the movie with this high-production value footage.

Like for instance: What if he was juicing, documenting it all along, got thru Worlds totally fine unscathed
And that is why it will always be an issue. To much money not enough deterrents. I doubt he got popped on purpose but he sure did probably want to look good for his movie and with a major payday the risk was worth it. And your probably right now the movie will be much more interesting.

It is also like ALL the UFC fighters. In 3 years he can compete again and although not as strong as when he was juicing he is still going to be much stronger than pre juice.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:02 am

zappey1 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:43 am
mbasic wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:47 am

Fuck 'em

ahhhh shiiittt

And that is why it will always be an issue. To much money not enough deterrents. I doubt he got popped on purpose but he sure did probably want to look good for his movie and with a major payday the risk was worth it. And your probably right now the movie will be much more interesting.

It is also like ALL the UFC fighters. In 3 years he can compete again and although not as strong as when he was juicing he is still going to be much stronger than pre juice.
Ian is/was about done. I think he's 30. Has been lifting since youth IIRC. Had a 3 year layoff due to injuries.
I think this is it.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:06 am

I bet he's up to something.

Just posted a pretty good 227 clean and jerk.
Not stellar, but by far his best ever, and damn good given his situation with his career, etc.

I bet .... yes .... he/they were up to something.

"I did roids, here's the video, here's how it works in the doper countries, and here's why the IWF/WADA is a big joke"

==============

Someone else on reddit posted this. Thought it was interesting.
Masteron and Stanozolol (the two substances that he popped for), are two of the most detectible substances that exist with multiple month detection windows. Ian Wilson is not a dummy, if he wanted to cheat, there are far less obvious ways to cheat with far less detectable substances, and he has the funds now to hire a PED guru who can help people get past these tests (with his other career as a data scientist). This leads me to believe that he wanted to purposefully get caught and go out with a bang, with his most recent world's appearance and training lifts.
He's no idiot

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:17 am

mbasic wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:06 am I bet he's up to something.

"I did roids, here's the video, here's how it works in the doper countries, and here's why the IWF/WADA is a big joke"

==============

Someone else on reddit posted this. Thought it was interesting.
Masteron and Stanozolol (the two substances that he popped for), are two of the most detectible substances that exist with multiple month detection windows. Ian Wilson is not a dummy, if he wanted to cheat, there are far less obvious ways to cheat with far less detectable substances, and he has the funds now to hire a PED guru who can help people get past these tests (with his other career as a data scientist). This leads me to believe that he wanted to purposefully get caught and go out with a bang, with his most recent world's appearance and training lifts.
He's no idiot
Winstrol (Stanozolol) is absolutely a dumb thing to get popped for, although Lasha got popped for it too. Difference being, I doubt Lasha normally has any serious testing concerns while in his home country. If he was trying to cheat and get away with it, he would have been doing something else. I understand Anavar is popular for this. As ar as from a competition standpoint if there was no testing, those are both great drugs for staying in your weight class and gaining strength.

DPriest442

Post by DPriest442 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:13 am

Why do you think it is that pretty much everyone in the strength training communities has come to this conclusion but not other sports? I feel like it you ask a guy who doesn't train if you think LeBron, or Ronaldo, or Usain Bolt is on steroids then they'd tell you no, but if you ask a powerlifter or olympic lifter they'd probably say yes